January 2014 Moms

CPT: Biggest fear/concern about LO's arrival?

Cara1024Cara1024 member
edited December 2013 in January 2014 Moms
Assuming baby is healthy and we don't have to worry about that part at all, what is you biggest fear/concern/worry about baby's arrival?
         *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CPT: Biggest fear/concern about LO's arrival? 193 votes

um......the delivery or c-section itself. Seriously a full grown baby has to come out of my body soon!
34% 66 votes
recovery post birth. There are stiches where now? and you want me to poop?
18% 35 votes
breastfeeding woes. Are they getting enough, latching, can I even do this?
11% 22 votes
dealing with family. Who's coming into town, who's keeping my other children, I hate my In-laws....
11% 22 votes
we are so not prepared! What if nursery isn't finished, and DH is trying to put the carseat in at the last second.
3% 7 votes
dreading sleepless nights or just fearing being responsible for keeping a very needy little human alive.
12% 24 votes
SS
8% 17 votes

Re: CPT: Biggest fear/concern about LO's arrival?

• The first three, but if I had to choose, then a c-section recovery. I'm scared out of my mind about the pain.

• Loading the player...
  • All the things!! But every time I get a good night's sleep, I dread having to get up with a newborn.
  • The emotional part of the recovery.  I hated the way I felt the first two weeks or so after I had my son and I am praying it doesn't happen again this time around. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• The first three things scare the crap out of me the most because they are all things that depend on MY body.  Nobody can do those things for me like birth the baby, recover from delivery, and breastfeed the baby.
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• SS - aside from all of the above, adjusting to a whole new life and fearing getting the post baby blues as I try to figure out a whole new routine.

• All of the above!!!
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• EVERYTHING. I picked SS because there's really no way I could pick just one...
  • pennstated912pennstated912 member
    edited December 2013
    It's a dead even tie between post-birth recovery and family issues.

My ILs will attempt uninvited visits. Guaranteed. And I will want to stab them because they will consistently tell me I'm doing whatever wrong.

Also, the idea of trying to do anything post-birth is terrifying to me. I can't even comprehend trying to go to the bathroom with stitches. Just...no.
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • Voted SS - I'm worried about my labour happening too quickly and not getting to the hospital in time or not getting enough antibiotics for GBS during labour!

• SS- Very nervous about the delivery this time ..it went so wonderfully last time I feel like there's nowhere to go but to hell..lol

Also nervous about balancing 2 kids..DD is very attached to me and is used to being the center of attention. I feel like I'm more worried about her than the new LO- newborns aren't bad (in my head)..it's the unknown of a toddler with a newborn that has me scared!

• The first three!!

X_X

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
    BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
    Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
    March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
    4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
    EDD 12/30/13

• My biggest concern is the lack of sleep, not in itself, but the fact that I will still have to be functional enough to deal with older kids during the day regardless of how much of a walking zombie I am. Times like these I pray that my oldest suddenly and randomly starts napping daily, again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SS- My biggest fear is NICU time. 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • SS- I'm nervous of DD's reaction to LO. She hates when another kid sits in my lap. She will literally push them out. I have no idea what she will do when baby boy is nursing!
  • I'm most nervous of delivering a baby that is in the 90th percentile.
    And the possibility of a c-section.

But like @cpm1223, being a FTM everything worries me.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Sleepless nights. Delivery is over in hours. Sleepless nights last months!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My kids have always been years apart in age. My first 2, 1 was in Kindergarten when the second came. This is the first time I will have a 2 yr old and a nb and I'm terrified of how I will manage them, much less my 3 other children.
  • Sleep deprivation, hands down.
    DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • Sleep deprivation for sure.  Everything else is a shorter term problem (hopefully).  The sleep deprivation lasted for over a year with DS1.

• SS - I am worried about how DS will adapt to having a new baby.  He gets very jealous whenever I have another child in my arms, or even just the dog. He has been the only child for 2 years and the only (local) grandchild to both sets of grandparents who live less than 2 miles away so he is a little bit spoiled and used to being the center of attention. 

• My inlaws are going to be here. Enough said.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • All of it! But the biggest one not mentioned is something being wrong with the baby, losing it/dying.
    --------------
    "Practice any art, music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing, painting, sculpting, poetry, fiction, essays, reportage, no matter how well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to experience becoming, to find out what's inside you, to make your soul grow." --Kurt Vonnegut
  • I have a fear of the epidural.  I'm so afraid of the epidural, I'm seriously thinking about going natural.  I rather deal with the pain than the thought of the epidural.  Sad, I know.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sleep deprivation, DS1 didn't STTN till he was over 1. Now he sleeps great, so why are we flucking things up again with a new baby?!
  • I have to push a watermelon out of my hoo-ha (or jackfruit according to the bump, but I don't even know what that is). There is no greater fear.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I fear the epidural and delivery itself. I also fear financially and living situations come next fall when our lease is up, but that's a whole other story.
  • Yeah, I need an "all of the above" option.
    image   image  image
  • Recovery was really hard for me after DS was born five years ago, and I'm afraid of how that will go this time. I don't count the recovery from my loss because the emotional turmoil from that definitely made that recovery so much different than normal.

Now that I'm more aware of how chaotic your body becomes after you have a baby [everything from baby blues to hemorrhoids], I will be more prepared for the aftermath. I'm still nervous about it, though, especially with an active 5-year-old.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• My biggest fear is that something is going to go wrong during the delivery. I've been irrationally fearful throughout this pregnancy that I was going to lose this baby, and as I'm getting closer to delivering, it's getting worse.

But aside from that, I voted the birth scares me most. Not so much the pain, but that everything will go relatively smoothly, that I'll make it to the hospital in time, etc.
  • I don't hate my in laws, but my house is always kept up and clean. You can eat off of my floors type clean and my MIL is sooooo messy. I literally obsessed over it at thanksgiving when the pink E. coli ridden juices from the raw turkey were splashing all over the floor when she was getting it stuffed and into the bag. Also, why can't she use spoon rests, not mix things, eat off of the spoon, and reuse it without washing it while knowing others will be eating it, when you're done with measuring cups and spoons, put them right into the sink and not on the counter so all of the crap still on them gets all over the Effing counter! I'm going to make all of the food they will eat before she gets here so she isn't cooking in my kitchen. She thinks she's making spaghetti sauce at my house again. Ha! No way.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Terrified of a really rough recovery and DH's entire leave being wasted with me not being able to do anything. This stresses me more than anything because it'll be 7.5 months before I will see him again.

imageimage

• SS: I am most worried about the logistics of childcare for my 2 year old and getting to the hospital. 

• All. Of. It. Ok maybe not the c-section so much but going into labor early - before the scheduled date. All the other things? YES! Added to that will I be good at it? Will I be a good mom? What if we don't connect like we should?
  • JmattisJmattis member
    edited December 2013
    All of the above, but mostly the inlaws over stepping boundaries and not respecting the space we need. Also terrified of the recovery and never sleeping again :/ I love me so sleep.

Eta- oh yeah and a Catheter they share the s**t out of me

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• I voted breastfeeding, but honestly its a toss up between that and sleep deprivation. DH got up with me almost every time last time so I could pump while he fed DS, which worked pretty well, since he had a very short commute to work. Now he has a 1.5 hour commute each way, so he won't be able to get up with me at all, and sleeping when baby sleeps is going to be pretty difficult with a toddler around. I'm hoping and praying the BFing goes very differently with this one and that I don't end up EPing again, though if it comes down to EPing or formula, formula is probably going to be the way we go.
    imageimage

image"AlternaTickers">image
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm more afraid of the recovery and breast feeding.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Breast feeding and hemorrhoids
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards