Health & Exercise
Options

Hello and pilates core exercise Q

I'm not sure if you do intros on this board, but hello! We are 12w6d with our first, and both active people. I searched to see if this topic was already covered, and didn't see it, so forgive me if I am in fact in duplicate. I am wondering about core exercises in pilate, or in general. I have a pilates DVD which includes a section with modified core movements, on your back but propped up with 1-2 pillows. I hear some people say this is a terrible idea, but it seems if they are modified and don't cause discomfort they must be safe? Any info? I plan to ask my midwife when I see her next week.

Re: Hello and pilates core exercise Q

• Options
    I did Pilates throughout both my pregnancies my last class was on my due date with my daughter and the day before with my son. With that being said I was doing it on a reformer and I done it for years before I got pregnant. For someone who is not used to Pilates I think it is a bad idea. I find Pilates DVDs a bad idea in general and less you know what you're doing. My OB said she only approves Pilates for those who have been doing it before they got pregnant
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had only done pilates on and off before getting pregnant, but I bought the 10 minute solutions pre-natal pilates videos and did them every day when pregnant.  I really liked them and think they helped me from getting typical pregnancy symptoms like sciatica and helped me keep some core strength (really helpful for labor!)
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I have been doing more yoga and running prior to getting pregnant, with only occasional pilates, so these tips definitely help! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"