Special Needs
Options

Intro: New: Toddler Delayed Speech

Greetings Special Needs Mamas! My name is Prim. 

I'm not really sure if I "belong" here with the situation we've got going on with DD. She just turned 2 in October and has yet to really string sentences or move past to make real words a lot of the time. She babbles all the time. She has some basics like "hello", "bye bye" "bird". However, none of them are articulated very well. 

We are in speech therapy and its slowly "Paying off". I just wanted to introduce myself. Does anyone else have experiences with delayed Toddler speech? DD is completely alright in other areas. Its just her speech output. She understands a TON. Its just getting her to open her mouth and not flip out. 

I look forward to getting to know you all (if this is the right place). Also, I won't be offended if there is a better place for our situation. I know there are more serious delays and this may be a drop in the bucket in comparison. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Intro: New: Toddler Delayed Speech

• Options
    Welcome!

There are all kinds of moms here that have LO's with speech delays and have speech therapies in place!

My DS has been in speech therapy since he turned 1 and now he is almost 5.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Welcome! There are moms from all walks here--those dealing with delays in a single area to life threatening diagnoses to everything in between. Last year I was in the boat of dealing with solely delayed speech and everyone was very welcoming. I know there's over a handful of moms on the sahm board that are dealing with delayed speech and I've seen some on parenting as well so that's a few other resources to cross post if you don't get a huge response to a specific question.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Junebug060609Junebug060609 member
    edited November 2013
    Your screen name seems really familiar. I'm mobile, but i bet we've shared a BMB at some point.

My DS has speech delays. He is just over two and rarely uses sentences, has just à handful of phrases and maybe a twenty single words. He started with therapy at 21m.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    LovenycLovenyc member
    edited November 2013
    Hi there-- My son is 25m. Everything is on track developmentally, except for language. He has just a handful of single words. He talks up a storm, but it just sounds like jibberish. We are in the midst of the EI process. He was evaluated and qualified for speech services. He starts in a couple of weeks. The team has given us some tools to help him in the meantime. Would love to connect with you. Would be great to talk to someone else about this challenge.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome,you are in the right place.  My son is 3 yrs and has SPD and expressive and receptive speech delays. He has been in therapies for a year and a half now and is thriving.  He is starting to sing songs now and is catching up more to his peers, we still have a ways to go but he is progressing every week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"