Special Needs

Brag Day Wednesday

Post those Brags!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Brag Day Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • mrszee2b said:
    Brag: 
    The school scheduled our child study meeting for Tuesday--yay!  I'm so relieved we're able to do it before Thanksgiving.

Funny: 
    DD1 peeked her head into DD2's room while I was putting her down for a nap. 

"Hey Mom, do you like my hair?" she said.

"Of course," I said.

Then she stretched her arm toward me, and I saw that she was holding a big chunk of hair.

"I cut it," she said.

I guess her fine motor skills really are coming along :) 

Isn't it funny how we appreciate the "milestones" that parents of neurotypical kids probably wouldn't? I remember when dd had her first temper tantrum her slp/ot came for their visit the next day and I was excitedly talking about it. Lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All these are great!

And yes, auntie, it was so good to hear, especially given all we've been struggling through lately! A bright spot! There was even mention of the hope of one-day mainstreaming J. We're thinking that at least in math, this could be a real possibility in a couple years.
  • KC_13 said:
    mrszee2b said:
    Brag: 
    The school scheduled our child study meeting for Tuesday--yay!  I'm so relieved we're able to do it before Thanksgiving.

Funny: 
    DD1 peeked her head into DD2's room while I was putting her down for a nap. 

"Hey Mom, do you like my hair?" she said.

"Of course," I said.

Then she stretched her arm toward me, and I saw that she was holding a big chunk of hair.

"I cut it," she said.

I guess her fine motor skills really are coming along :) 

Isn't it funny how we appreciate the "milestones" that parents of neurotypical kids probably wouldn't? I remember when dd had her first temper tantrum her slp/ot came for their visit the next day and I was excitedly talking about it. Lol.

I know, she was so pleased with herself that I couldn't help but laugh. @Auntie, I'm really glad she didn't try this experiment on her little sister ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"