Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Play space in a small condo?

Hello - my DD is almost 8 months and just about crawling.  Even just rolling, she really can get around.  We live in a smallish condo and need to figure out how to contain her when DH or I cannot give her 100% of our attention.  We have a pack n' play but clearly this isn't big enough.  We are thinking about getting something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000U5FOT2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2IYYWSG24CLA6&coliid=IK9BHOFVKTEEG
(we would be using it against a wall so the space would be bigger than having it enclosed.)
Anyone have any alternatives?  Trying to do our due diligence!
Thanks!

Re: Play space in a small condo?

• Options
    I would try to baby proof the space and block off the dangerous areas, rather than blocking off a play area. We enclosed our computer desk and Christmas tree, put locks on tv console and moved everything up and out of reach.
  • Options
    we have done similar to @orangecurls. Is working so far.Two rooms are pretty much child friendly, and are so far able to close doors to keep LO out of areas in which she doesn't belong.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When DS started crawling, I thought about getting the playyard similar to what you've posted. But other moms told me that their babies really hate being confined in such a small space, as they really want to be able to explore.  In the end, we just babyproof our living room (gate off stairs and kitchen area), so he can roam freely. It was the best decision 
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    We live in a 700sqft condo. We baby proofed the crap out of the open concept living room/dining room/entry/hallway and just let DD roam free. We removed the coffee table, took out shelves, took out the TV and cable box (moved it to the bedroom), got a shoe cabinet and put outlet covers everywhere. We also got a nice plush wool rug for her to play and some poufs to use as ottomans. She is now starting to get into the kitchen cabinets so we're gonna get a gate to block off the kitchen rather than locking all the drawers and cabinets.
    My friends who have twins used a similar play yard to block off their desk and electronics. So the adults are in the playyard and the kids are free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"