Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby wakes early if I don't close shades

Anyone's else's lo wake early if you don't close the window shades? If I forget to he wakes earlier, as soon as it gets light out!!

Re: Baby wakes early if I don't close shades

• Options

Of course! As do I.  I think that's pretty much the norm for most babies (and adults).  We use a pull down blind and light blocking curtains over that to keep it dark in morning and for naps. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Definitely a silly question. I know I personally have a problem sleeping if the light gets into my room, wouldn't imagine it would be any different for my baby.

• Options

Every single post I read is full of snarky women. I don't understand this? Is it specific to this site? This poor girl just asked a question- there is no need for any of you to point out how silly it is. If you don't have something nice to say then shut the hell up.  Am I the only one that notices how rotten so many of these ladies are?

• Options
    I agree you have to be careful what you post :(
  • Options

MrsMuq said:
    If someone needs to ask if it's "normal" behavior for their infant to wake early if blinds are left open and the sun is blaring in said infant's face, then yes, snark and sarcasm will ensue.

You post a question on the internet and you're going to get a variety of answers. You don't get to put a glitter rainbow filter on it and only see the responses you deem suitable.
    I'm sorry, I thought this was a message board for new mothers to support each other. I am obviously confused.
  • Options
    Yes, my LO also does this. It's just something you have to remember if it helps them sleep, like we remember to close our own blinds. It becomes habit for us in this house... we have the same routine about getting LO's room ready which includes closing the shades since we have a street light outside that casts a glare into her room.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

MrsMuq said:
    If someone needs to ask if it's "normal" behavior for their infant to wake early if blinds are left open and the sun is blaring in said infant's face, then yes, snark and sarcasm will ensue.

You post a question on the internet and you're going to get a variety of answers. You don't get to put a glitter rainbow filter on it and only see the responses you deem suitable.
    I'm sorry, I thought this was a message board for new mothers to support each other. I am obviously confused.
    The responses here are tame in comparison other posts.  

To the OP - frankly I like the fact that LO is up at 6:30 everyday, because I tend to get more done when I get up earlier.  Yeah, sometimes it sucks that he won't let me sleep in, but if I wanted to get hours upon hours of beauty rest I wouldn't have had a baby (although today when I bought my coffee the girl behind the counter called me ma'am and it was a huge bummer :( )  He's up whether or not the shades are up.  
  • Options
    @jillybean lolz
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If you don't have something nice to say then shut the hell up.  

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Ditto. DS can sleep anywhere and through anything because we didn't tip toe around. With that being said....black out shades rule. I love them.

Same here.  We use blackout shades, but my 8month old sleeps anywhere anytime.  She sleeps through anything (smoke alarms, air vent cleaners etc).  We never tiptoed around. 

But, it is an innate thing to wake with the sun and sleep is healthier when it's in the dark.  My university chemistry class looked at how sleeping with lights (street lights and other artificial lights) messes with the body's hormone production.  I don't think I do my child good by training them to sleep through that on a regular occurrence (especially when it means less sleep).  But, I do her great good by training her to sleep through noises, and in other places and in light occasionally when we are out and about.

• Options
    girlmama83girlmama83 member
    edited November 2013

Every single post I read is full of snarky women. I don't understand this? Is it specific to this site? This poor girl just asked a question- there is no need for any of you to point out how silly it is. If you don't have something nice to say then shut the hell up.  Am I the only one that notices how rotten so many of these ladies are?

"If you don't have something nice to say then shut the hell up"

Well if that's not hypocritical I don't know what is.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    It's pretty normal I don't recommend getting black-out shades though--I'm generally a fan of avoiding anything that trains your child to be a persnickety sleeper (trying to keep your house dead silent... Keeping the room pitch black...) because those sleep habits will be annoying as an adult! But, maybe some babies are less tolerant of shades-down-but-not-blacked-out than mine, what do I know
    Ditto. DS can sleep anywhere and through anything because we didn't tip toe around. With that being said....black out shades rule. I love them.
    Dude, if you're going to have a "persnickety" sleeper you're going to have one regardless of what you do or don't do. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks to all the girls with the replies that weren't sarcastic :) Think I'll think twice about posting next time. Oh well
  • Options
    chloeval said:
    Wow! Thanks to all the girls with the replies that weren't sarcastic :) Think I'll think twice about posting next time. Oh well
    Don't let it get to you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

Babies seem to wake if a pin drops, on carpet, 30 feet away so how is this surprising? ::sarcasm::

Actually both of my kids can sleep through anything. We just moved to a new house and haven't put up window treatments in our rooms yet and the 2 yr old isn't bothered by it at all. Totally depends on the kid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"