August 2013 Moms

3 Month Sleep Regression??

My guy has slept through the night or only gotten up once to eat since like 6 weeks. The past week he's been much worse. The past 2 nights it's 2-3 times with them getting earlier and earlier. I did just go back to work, he isn't in day care yet but our moms are watching him. Anyone else had this happen? Is it bc of work and his schedule changing? Or could the slept regression happen earlier than 4 mo? Being back at work and getting up 3 times a night is taking it's toll!! Help!
Off BCP since 1/12
TTC since 3/12
High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
DX with PCOS 11/12
Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
EDD August 11, 2013 
DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3 Month Sleep Regression??

• Loading the player...
  • This sleep deprived momma is in the same boat. Before I started work last week, he slept from 9:30 to 3:30 consistently. Now he is up every 2 to 3 hours. Its exhausting. I don't know what to do and since we BF, I am the only one not getting sleep. I hope its just his 3 month growth spurt and not a new normal.

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

• There is a growth spurt at 12 weeks. Those can last for weeks though. Hang tough.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• darjeelingdarjeeling member
    edited November 2013
    Maritza, haphazard use of "literally" as an intensifier diminishes the effectiveness of the speaker. Just sayin.

imageimageimage
  • OP - We have hit a sleep regression at around 15 weeks. I wasnt sure if it was due to the time change, and that we traveled to the east coast (two hour time difference). But he appears to be holding strong at waking up twice per night still, wherease before he was STTN for about 6 weeks (weeks 9-15). 
    So no tips other than to commiserate that its tough! A couple things that have helped me through it. 
    1) As @BelhurstBride helped remind me, he isnt going to need me like this forever so I should try to enjoy it as much as possible. I am keenly aware that time passes so so so quickly now that I have a little one, so I try to remind myself to savor each moment. 
    2) I've been putting him to bed a bit earlier. This allows me to get a little extra sleep on the front end before his 1am feeding. Not sure if this would work for you but give it a try. 

• Umm, since when is telling someone it was posted recently super bitchy?  OP, I'm also mobile, so the fact that I had posted on the thread about the same thing, and also telling you the title of said thread, would "bump" it up on the app so you could also see it.  Can't exactly copy and post a link to the thread when you're mobile.

Yea, I've been sleep deprived for almost 4 weeks from a growth spurt and sleep regression and likely incredibly snarky as a result. You probably would be, too.

@zever000 I was thinking the same thing.
  • Like I said, I don't mind if someone points out it was posted about earlier that's fine. You don't need to be so snarky about it.
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• ITS A GIRL!!! TTC 8/11 November Clomid 150mg+trigger+IUI+TI= BFP<br>
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' 
    Eleanor Roosevelt 
    image image 

• Damn, when did telling OP to do some scrolling become taboo, cause we used to do it ALL.THE.DAMN.TIME.  Is being sleep deprived going to be the new pregnant and pissy (which is the sister to "are you PMS-ing?")  Cause if someone is all "you must be sleep deprived cause you're being a bitch" I'm gonna be all "no you are".  

But seriously, as a mom to a kid who doesn't even come close to STTN, I'm am sick of people complaining about getting the kind of sleep I would very much appreciate.  

Babies be babies.  

This! Holy! I freaking cry with joy if I get a 4 hour stretch. Most nights I'm still up every 2-3 hours. I usually run on 4-5 hours of inconsistent sleep a night. If I can do it you can do it.

• Um... we often suggest to OP's of duplicate posts to try searching the board. And really? Sleep regression and growth spurt posts are a dime a dozen these days. 

You know what else is a dime a dozen on TB? Ladies who lord it over other posters for any perceived error or misstep. We need power tripping less than we need duplicate posts.

imageimageimage
  • I literally just commented on a thread called "12 week sleep regression". It was on page 1. It's not that hard to scroll through to see if your topic was posted recently. Just sayin.

Exactly!

All of you getting upset because Maritza pointed out a previous post need to calm down. It happens here all the time. You ladies are way too sensitive. Besides, it is very annoying that we get the same posts constantly (sleep regression, wonder weeks, 2 month shots, STTN, and preparing to return to work). I don't have to spend all day on this board to see that the same questions get asked over and over again.

OP, babies sleep patterns change. It's normal (unless you notice something that makes you suspect illness).

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• nnikki10 said:
    Is it just me or are there hell of a lot of SN I've never seen on this board before??
    I recognize some of them but from a while ago, not recently. And OP, you can't see the post count anymore without going to that users page. Clearly none of us have the time for that kind of detective work.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • edited November 2013
    Zever000 said:

Ummm...didn't you just join this board like two months ago? Yea, that's probably why you don't recognize some of the SN's here.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Ummm...didn't you just join this board like two months ago? Yea, that's probably by you don't recognize some of the SN's here.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• I literally just commented on a thread called "12 week sleep regression". It was on page 1. It's not that hard to scroll through to see if your topic was posted recently. Just sayin.

Good lord ladies.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
    You are such a bitch.

THAT'S WHY I LIKE YOU! and why your post made me giggle. but my baby also STTN so i'm not bitter about sleep related topics like some posters apparently are.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Zever000 said:

Ummm...didn't you just join this board like two months ago? Yea, that's probably why you don't recognize some of the SN's here.
    At the risk of sounding like the dirty creepy lurker like I was, I've actually been reading the threads on this board since I found out I was pregnant. I originally intro'd back last December and if you read my reintro a few months ago, I explain why I lurked for so long.

I usually recognize most of the posters on here.

• edited November 2013
    Zever000 said:

Zever000 said:

At the risk of sounding like the dirty creepy lurker like I was, I've actually been reading the threads on this board since I found out I was pregnant. I originally intro'd back last December and if you read my reintro a few months ago, I explain why I lurked for so long.

Ok. Well if you truly lurked back then , you should in fact, recognize these posters.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've been on TB for quite some time and have seen plenty of snark in my day.  I just feel that sometimes it isn't needed/useful/funny/etc especially since we don't have all day to make sure we don't post a dupe.  The way I read maritza's response, it sounded like she was trying to make her feel stupid which isn't helpful.  All she had to say was "see the thread a few posts down" or wherever the hell it was which I've seen plenty of people say that without being jackholes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Zever000 said:

Zever000 said:

Ok. Well if you truly lurked back then , you should in fact, recognize these posters.
    Should, but don't.
    Like I said, I usually recognize posters. I don't see why this is an issue whether I recognize them or not.

• I've been on TB for quite some time and have seen plenty of snark in my day.  I just feel that sometimes it isn't needed/useful/funny/etc especially since we don't have all day to make sure we don't post a dupe.  The way I read maritza's response, it sounded like she was trying to make her feel stupid which isn't helpful.  All she had to say was "see the thread a few posts down" or wherever the hell it was which I've seen plenty of people say that without being jackholes.

I am with this. I usually love me some snark where its warranted. Here it seems like snark just to be ugly. That's not cool. There are TONS of duplicate post. You would think that it would have been reconciled a while back that this would be the run of the mill.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"