2nd Trimester
Options

if you feel like sharing...

just because I'm naturally curious about my/everyone else's weight gain, how far along are you and how much weight have you gained so far? Also, is this your first or second? And, just for sh*ts and giggles, whats your biggest gripe about your pregnancy? Come on, let off some steam :) I'll go first... I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and I've gained 11 lbs so far. This is my second, which brings me to my gripe. Even though I havent gained that much weight, my belly is huuuuge. I look like I'm 9 months. I've compared pics from my first baby and I look twice the size! I'm scared what I'm gonna look like in afew months! :) Happy Friday night everyone :) Thanks for indulging me! 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: if you feel like sharing...

• Options
    I'm 21 wks, 4 days and have gained 6 lbs. I'm a FTM and my gripe is that I'm starting to get annoyed with all of the unwanted labor tips and suggestions.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    BalabustaBalabusta member
    edited November 2013
    I am 20w2d and have lost 2 pounds so far. I was pretty concerned about this, especially since I didn't throw up once in 1st Tri. My doctor told me that it's OK since I was overweight to begin with, and baby is probably living off of my existing fat  :)) . I haven't changed how much I eat, but have been trying to eat healthier. Some people are just late bloomers! My mother gained 60 pounds with each pregnancy, so I'm sure that it will catch up to me later in the game!
    **TTC since April 2010**
    DH diagnosed with moderate MFI, low everything, me low AMH
    3 IUI's and 1 IVF all BFN's, almost gave up hope
    June 2013- One last IUI for the heck of it... BFP! Complete shock!
    April 2014- Eliana- In Hebrew means The Lord has Answered! Welcome to the world my miracle baby!

September 2016- Surprise BFP without medical assistance! New Baby due June 2017!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    13w6d and haven't gained or showed yet. I know it's just a matter of time, and I suspect I'll pop quickly when I finally do.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    kit0429kit0429 member
    edited November 2013
    I'm 13w5d and I have gained almost 13 lbs if I'm totally honest :(

I started out underweight bc of a bad IBS flare up this summer and going to a week long festival where I had pre made all our food so binging or snacking wasn't an option. Sooo....I don't feel too badly about the weight gain. Especially since my pre pregnancy clothing still fits. My body fat % was too low before and is now at a good number.

My gripe is in my circle of girlfriends, a number of them have had babies already, and a few are giving me advice that is so basic that I already read about months ago. Like I am so stupid I don't do any of my own pregnancy research. Just bc I didn't have a regular 9-5 doesn't mean I'm lazy, and it gave me more time to research! And just because you co sleep and baby wear doesn't mean it's the gospel! I plan on getting a wipe warmer so shut up about it already.
  • Options
    I'm 13w6d, and I haven't gained any weight. This is my first. My gripe is the constipation! I seem to have it under control now with the help of Metamucil capsules.
  • Options
    21 weeks and gained 17 pounds eek!! This is my second but like last time I gained the most in the beginning. Looked huge early on as well. Super short torso so can only go out! Already ribs hurting. Only gripe.. I miss my wine nights with my girls!!!!!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Only gained 2 pounds so far and 1 is him!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm 26w tomorrow and I've gained about 15lbs. This is my second. My biggest gripe is my bad back pain (thanks scoliosis) and a numb spot between my stomach and breast. I have to lay down to get any relief.

J. Jackson

Feb '14 March Siggy Challenge: Face Slaps

Daisypath - (SVGA)
    Lilypie - (xd4F)
    Lilypie - (jQcs)
  • Options
    I am 26 weeks and have gained 20 pounds..I am 4 foot 9, but the doctor said it was ok...I look bigger than what i actually am...my biggest pain is my back, and between my legs when i walk...I can not find a good position to sleep at night...i feel extra lazy all the time..i want to clean, but put it off until its convenient....
    Mom of 4 plus one more!!!!
  • Options
    I'm 16 w 1 day gained zero still trying to catch up from the 7lbs lost from the 6-13 weeks.
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Options
    I would love to know if those who have gained zero or little to none are super healthy and don't indulge, exercise a ton and worry about every pound they put on? I know I have zero self control when hungry especially when ms hits so I know that's my downfall. Just curious...

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    I am 18 weeks 1 day with twins and I have gained 22 pounds already!  I gained ALOT in the beginning and it has slowed down!  I have read that with twins you are supposed to gain 20 pounds by 20 weeks soo I guess I am being an over achiever! lol
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC SINCE 7/2010, BFP-10/2010 ended in miscarriage 11/2010 : (.....
    Progesterone level 4/2011= 11.29. SA normal. HSG normal.
    8/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 35,
    10/11 Clomid 50mg =BFN progesterone level 31,
    11/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 12,
    12/11 Clomid 50mg=Progesterone 31
    01/12-Break from meds-BFN
    Feb-cd3 blood work FSH(5), AMH(0.56) 02/12 Break....
    03/01/12-Clomid 50mg with IUI #1=BFN.
    04/01/12-Another round of clomid with IUI#2=BFN.
    5/8/12-Diagnostic Laparoscopy-found minimal endometriosis and small fibriod.
    June and July-much needed break
    August-Bravelle 75 with IUI#3- BFN
    September-Bravelle injects with IUI #4-BFP!! MC 10/7/12 : ( Sonohysterogram-Normal
    December- Bravelle(3 good follicles & E2 1252) with IUI#5 BFFN :*(
    July IVF #1- BFP! : )  Beta #1-245, #2- 703, #3- 1655, #4- 3553 YAY!  Praying and Praying this one sticks around!
                      1st U/S scheduled for Aug 23rd!  
    Twins!!
    We are having a BOY & a GIRL !!

• Options
    I am 26 weeks and gained 3 lbs the last I was checked. I had a lot of morning sickness at the beginning and was over weight to start with so I should only gain 15 lbs any ways.
  • Options
    I'm 17 weeks and 3 days.  I have gained 6 lbs.  I am proud of myself, because with DS, I had put on more.  By 32 weeks, I was at 28 lbs gained.  Within the last 6 weeks, I gained an additional 22 lbs for a grand total of 50 due to PE.  I am really trying to show some self control this time around, because I have none with DS.  This is my second.

My gripe is just the way my clothes fit.  I can still wear some of my normal clothes, but they are a tad tight and uncomfortable.  I feel like the maternity clothes are too big. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm 24w with twins and have gained 9lbs. This is my 3rd pregnancy, babies #4 and #5. I already have a set of twins. I only gained 28lbs with my last twin pregnancy.

My gripe...people expecting me to carry on as if I'm not pregnant with twins and taking care of a 10yr old and 2 toddlers! Just bc I was more active last time...I only had 1 kiddo then! I'm freaking exhausted this time.
  • Options
    This is my first and I am 13 weeks along.  I have gained 4 pounds so far.

My biggest gripe has been the morning sickness up until last week.  Now it is that I look chubby instead of pregnant.  Maternity clothes are too big and my regular clothes are too tight.  Thank God for my Bella Band!

• Options
    mcgeeva said:

I would love to know if those who have gained zero or little to none are super healthy and don't indulge, exercise a ton and worry about every pound they put on? I know I have zero self control when hungry especially when ms hits so I know that's my downfall. Just curious...

I'm 5'4" and 128 lbs, and I have an athletic build. Although I'm trying, I'm not eating super healthy or exercising a lot. I'm also not worried about the weight gain. I think there are a couple reasons why I haven't gained any weight yet... I didn't have any ms but did have aversions. I also noticed that I seem to get fuller more quickly than before I was pregnant. (I am typically a huge eater but have a fast metabolism.)

• Options
    I'm 26 weeks and I have gained only 5 pounds. This is my second. With my son I gained 35 pounds. I held onto 15 of that long after he was born. I'm grateful I'm not gaining as much this time... But I still have time... With Eli I had lots of water weight in the end. My biggest gripe is how emotional I am this time. We're having a girl this time , so I'm not sure if that's why. But, it is driving me crazy feeling this way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wowzers I can't believe how many people have gained barely anything!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mcgeeva said:

I think it's just a nature thing. I have a friend who's on kid 3 and she gained 4 pounds in all of her pregnancies. She didn't do anything extreme, she wasn't overly worried etc..it's just who she is.

As for me 26w, 2 days. I've gained 11 pounds. Which is my normal. With my first 2 I gained it all towards the end. I seem to have a lot of water weight issues. So I'm expecting it to catch up with me and I'll be up to the standard 30ish before it's done.

• Options
    mcgeeva said:
    I'm 5'4" and was averaging 135 before getting pregnant. I don't exercise but I am on my feet 10 hours a day at work. I eat a good mix of healthy foods and snack foods. I just had some chips and dip watching football with a soda, but I bring hummus and sweet potato crackers to work with me. Veggies and milk with dinner and ice cream for dessert. I don't worry about every pound put on or taken off. I just try to have everything in moderation. I'm able to maintain around 135 doing this.

• Options
    Lost 2 lbs BUT.... Gained 30lbs during IVF of this pregnancy :/ guess I just had an early start.
  • Options
    Awesome answers guys I appreciate it! I'm 5'9 and last pregnancy started at 125 before fertility treatments and by the end of my pregnancy put on 45 pounds eek! But lost all but ten before this pregnancy. Since I've already gained 20 at this point I will attempt to not gain too much more but knowing me it will be another 20.

• Options
    I am still down 4# from starting weight due to ms and my appetite has not returned so at least for now I don't expect it to change much for another few weeks but we shall see...a gripe would be that doctors who use my weight only and like to ignore my actual body shape (ie I have a lot of muscle) are annoying. I am 5'7" and 181 but doubtfully look anything like what you would expect someone of that dimension to look like and was very active before ms and back into now. Also have a history of an eating disorder but some nurses/docs don't seem to care when talking about weght... But regardless I would love to stick to the lower rec of 15# gain if I can.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 18w3d and haven't gained anything - I haven't done anything special but I've tried to add more fruits and veggies and limit the sweets.  I was overweight to start with and have PCOS so the doctors don't want me to gain more than about 20 lbs.
  • Options
    mcgeeva said:
    To be honest I have no idea why I haven't gained weight. I can't work out (because of a bad back and hip) and eat what I want and still nothing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i am 13+6 and have lost 6 pounds because of sickness my biggest gripe is my ibs playing up a lot
  • Options
    19w3d and I've gained about 6lbs. I wish my backache would go away, it's been pretty constant the past week. 
  • Options
    I'm 13w5d. We actually don't own a scale, not because we are "fundamentally against scale people" or anything like that, we just got lazy when our last one broke!! Haha. So going by the scale at the doctor, at 10w6d I had gained 5 lbs. I'm estimating I'm in the 7-10 lb area right now. I'm eating much healthier than I was in the first tri - I felt so sick the whole time and the only thing I didn't feel like hurling was carbs! Now I'm actually eating a lot of veggies again, so I think the weight gain will slow a little bit.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    I'm 15 weeks 2 days and have gained 4 lbs. I'm working out every other day by doing a mix of TurboFire and Les Mills Pump. With my son (8 years ago) I gained 40+ lbs. Didn't work out a day while pregnant, not so much as even a walk around the block and ate like shit. Now I know what not to do and am trying my best to stay active. I don't really deny myself or the baby anything we are craving, so I make sure I get my work outs in. I usually workout for about an 1 a day. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Lucy

• Options
    I have the same gripe! It honestly didn't cross my mind that my scoliosis would affect me this early but at almost 16 weeks I'm feeling it! My OB gave me a referral for PT but am hesitant to go. Have you found anything that helps?
  • Options
    I'll be 25 weeks on Friday and I've gained about 12 lbs. This is my second child. I carried low with my first and I'm carrying high with this. Both are girls. My biggest gripe is my cravings! I love French fries and iced coffee... neither of which are good for me :/
  • Options
    18w6d I have gained 13lbs, i started overweight (PCOS and Hypothyroid) and my Dr. only wanted me to gain 15lbs total so i am ready for the "talk" when i go this week. My biggest gripe is only sleeping for a few hours a night, i am so tired by 3:00 in the afternoon when my 3 other kids get home and don't get me started about the weekends when i have all 4 of them and my husband is on the day shift. I JUST WANT SOME SLEEP!!!!
  • Options
    I am coming up on week 21 and this is my second.  I had JUST hit my goal weight coming back from DD #1 when we found out #2 was on the way!  I have gained about 12 lbs so far.  I am trying to continue my workouts 2 -3 times per week and eat fairly well, but I've had a lot more stomach issues this time around which throws things off.

I gripe is that I am so much more tired and crummy feeling this time around (and having to keep up with my 17 mo and work full time, too) and hubby seems hard-pressed to pick up the slack, help me out, do a little extra.  And I would LOVE a vodka martini. 
    /:)
  • Options
    RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited November 2013
    14 weeks with my first, haven't gained any weight yet.

ETA: just saw that I replied to this a few says ago!

• Options
    I'm 22 weeks, I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight after losing about 10lbs at the beginning. My biggest gripe is just having an uneasy stomach all the time. I never know what's going to make me sick, I hate it.
  • Options
    laurakaz13laurakaz13 member
    edited November 2013
    mcgeeva said:

With my first pregnancy, I was so sick from 6 weeks on that I didn't gain weight until 20+ weeks at all.  I started out at 125 and 5'8".  I ended up gaining 34 lbs total, but could barely keep water down without drugs the entire pregnancy. 

I wish I was able to exercise and eat well without puking for 7 months. 

• Options

mcgeeva said:

With my first pregnancy, I was so sick from 6 weeks on that I didn't gain weight until 20+ weeks at all.  I started out at 125 and 5'8".  I ended up gaining 34 lbs total, but could barely keep water down without drugs the entire pregnancy. 

I wish I was able to exercise and eat well without puking for 7 months. 

That sounds miserable! I hope you feel better soon. My husnand son and I all got the stomach flu this weekend and I can't even imagine feeling thin sick all the time!

• Options
    I am 15w2d and have lost 3lb. However, I am very obese and the doctor doesn't want me to gain. I'm following a GD meal plan even though I don't officially have GD (yet). I have insulin resistance though so I have to be careful. I've been swimming about 4 days a week (leisurely). I'm pretty sedentary otherwise.
    photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

This is my first and I lost 17 lbs in the first trimester and have not gained any back get. I'm currently 17 weeks

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"