Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

gtky: do you have any of your teenage journals?

2»

Re: gtky: do you have any of your teenage journals?

• Options
    themrsJRD said:
    I have a lot of the notes my husband wrote to me in high school, as well as a notebook we passed back and forth. I ended up putting a lot of them into a shadowbox I made for our first wedding anniversary. Gawd, the notes were so raunchy lol. I would be so embarrassed if anyone ever read them.

Oh, and Lisa Frank was the shit. LOVE.
    Man, this takes me back!  Is Lisa Frank stuff even still around I wonder? 
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    emelee2 said:
    God no.  When I read stuff I've written I always think I sound like a huge douche.  Aren't you all glad I'm here?
    You can join the rest of us who sounded like total douches at 14!
    Yay!  Teenage douches unite!  I work with teenage boys, and stuff they come up with is epic.  Makes me a little nostalgic.  *tear*
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    themrsJRD said:
    I have a lot of the notes my husband wrote to me in high school, as well as a notebook we passed back and forth. I ended up putting a lot of them into a shadowbox I made for our first wedding anniversary. Gawd, the notes were so raunchy lol. I would be so embarrassed if anyone ever read them.

Oh, and Lisa Frank was the shit. LOVE.
     I LOVED Lisa Frank.  Although, seriously, WTF is going on in both of those pictures?  I'm pretty sure Lisa Frank was on acid.
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    @knittylady when I gogled Lisa Frank, an official website popped up so I think it is still around. If I saw some in the store, I'd have to hold myself back from buying it lol.... and honestly I'd probably cave and buy a notebook or folder :-p

@emelee2 there was another picture that I was going to post but it was too big.. it had like aliens in a flying car, a cat dressed like a lady driving a car, etc etc. It was like the best of everything!!

So, I was able to log into deadjournal, which means I will probably also be able to log into livejournal. This gem was one of the last entries:

"3/14/2004 9:38pm

i've gotten in a lot of trouble lately. i cant play tennis anymore for the rest of this year. i told my parents i'm not a virgin anymore and they freaked. but its okay, theyll get over it. it was bound to happen sooner or later.

sorry, mom, i'm not your "good Christian girl."

whatever.

school is okay. it goes, i guess you could say. 

so. its spring break, joshua is in new mexico for the whole time (not that i'd be able to see him anyway since i'm kind of grounded from him) and i'm in dale. we leave the day after tomorrow. we went to san marcos today. drove around southwest's campus. its pretty. i can see myself going there. perhaps living in a cute little house with joshua for the years at college. then we went to the giant outlet mall. i went to pacsun. got khaki dickies for work and a cute summer shirt that shows off my expanding chest.

i'm getting fat. working in a candy store is starting to show. lol. but its good.

my car was in the shop for a week and a half. transmission went out. its good now.

my grandma (eddie's mom) passed away wednesday night. the funeral was traumatizing. it was my first one. i was so scared.. i didnt want to go up there.. pepaw is absolutely devastated. tami found a version of amazing grace sung by george jones, who memaw loved, and when the first 2 syllables were said, he cried out "Oh my God" and was bawling and when we first arrived eddie cried before he went up there, he was freaking out and said he didnt want to go.. i was so scared.. i walked up there with him and just glanced at her lying there and i broke down.. she didnt look real.. it all looked so unreal. she looked like wax and she had makeup on, which i dont think i ever saw her wear.. it took me 2 hours to go up there to tell her goodbye.. i cried pretty much the entire time. i went up there and i told her how beautiful she looked and i miss her and i love her and i touched her hand.... she was so cold.... i wanted to kiss her but i was afraid of the coldness.. now she's gone, she's ashes. i dont think i ever even took a picture with her.. i only knew her for a year and a half and its not my fault.. its my moms.. because of her selfishness 16 years ago i only had a year and a half with my grandmother and that entire time she was sick. everyone told me how much she loved me and raved about me and talked about me all the time.. it makes me cry.. she took me in as if i had been there with them my whole 17 years.. i cant take it.. it wasnt long enough. i cant believe i'll never see her again. i kept talking to her, and shes lying there in an open casket, and i want her to talk back to me and comfort me, and shes not. she wont, she didnt look like she would and i just couldnt believe that my grandmother's dead body is lying there in front of me, just lying, about to be taken off to be cremated and i couldnt have done a damn thing to save her even when she was alive. the last time i talked to her when she was alive, she was so out of it in the hospital she didnt even know i was there and couldnt talk back. the time before that, she may have know i was there but couldnt talk back. it just hurts really bad.. i'll never forget how cold she was....

i guess i'll cut the sadness..

joshua and i are excellent, by the way.

disneyworld is in a little over a month! (one happy thought)

i hope everyone has a marvelous spring break.

love, La"

Gawd. I was pretty dramatic and had lots of feels.
  • Options
    @themrsJRD

:(:(:(

(Although, PACSUN. Omg. Totally forgot about that store until a commercial for a Paul Frank cartoon came on the other day and my kids were flipping out. I was all, 'I had like twenty sweaters with his picture on it from PacSun.' Also, so many cords. I had so many corduroy pants from there.)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • Options
    @likeanoldtimemovie  I can't fit in anything from there anymore!! I like the store though. I remember exactly what shirt I was referring to that "showed off my expanding chest" lol. I wore it on the Disneyworld trip I mentioned.

@DarcyHermione Thanks... It's funny, I'd probably never write anything like that nowadays. I'm not really that emotional anymore. It is still hard to think about Memaw though, having so little time with her still stings. And Pepaw is gone now too, so it's lame.
  • Options
    I kept very detailed journals from when I was 7 till I was 17. This is a personal fave from my first journal:

Today were getting supper nintindo, me and Patrick and me are going to play it. Patrick told me all abuot it and I say it's fun fun fun.
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"