Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How to say thank you for Baptism money gifts?

I need to send out my thank you's from the boys Baptism, We got checks or cash from just about everyone, I'm not sure how to say thank you for money. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks!!

Edit/Addition: We started their savings accounts with the money, Would you mention it in the thank you?

Re: How to say thank you for Baptism money gifts?

• Whenever I've gotten cash or checks I have just thanked them for their "gift".  And mentioned that it was greatly appreciated.  I think it's tacky to say "thanks for the money".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the generous gift - If it is someone I know well I may say - their future colleges thank you.  :)

Otherwise we just say thanks for your generous gift - it was wonderful to see you, and enjoyed your company... that sort of thing.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank them for their "generous gift" and include what you are using it for. So in your case, I would mention the savings (or college fund? if that's ultimately what it's for).
  • Thank you for joining in DS baptism. It was (whatever adjective you feel) to have you be a part of that special day.  Thank you also for the gift.  We have tucked it away in a savings account for his future.

Love, 

Your family name.

• I also said TY for the "gift" and I made sure I mentioned that it was put into a savings CD. 

Dear So and So,

Thank you so much for attending Colton's Baptism and lunch, it really meant a lot to our family to have you to share this special day with us.  We greatly appreciate the generous gift, Adam and I opened a savings CD for Colton- we too are thinking of his future.  :-)

With All Our Love,

The Ds

Also, someone had the great idea of writing the TY's from LO- and I did this for our immediate family and our friends- they got a kick out of it.

• imageexcitedchic:

Thank you for joining in DS baptism. It was (whatever adjective you feel) to have you be a part of that special day.  Thank you also for the gift.  We have tucked it away in a savings account for his future.

Love, 

Your family name.

That sounds good - I think I'll use it! Thanks!! Big Smile

• imageBugLuv:

Thanks for this too!! Can you tell I suck at this stuff!!

• imageSuparstarz714:

I also said TY for the "gift" and I made sure I mentioned that it was put into a savings CD. 

Dear So and So,

Thank you so much for attending Colton's Baptism and lunch, it really meant a lot to our family to have you to share this special day with us.  We greatly appreciate the generous gift, Adam and I opened a savings CD for Colton- we too are thinking of his future.  :-)

With All Our Love,

The Ds

Also, someone had the great idea of writing the TY's from LO- and I did this for our immediate family and our friends- they got a kick out of it.

Ooooh I like this idea too!! Aaarrrggghhh! Big Smile

• thANK you for reminding me....I have to send Gemma's out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"