April 2013 Moms

Still happy with name choice?

2»

Re: Still happy with name choice?

• sapphire021sapphire021 member
    edited November 2013
    @fireflyz56  I love Cortana Alexa, and I think Cora is a great nickname.  Growing up I was known as a nickname to family and my full name at school, it wasn't too confusing for me. 

We thought long and hard about our girls name, Arianna.  I always loved it, but I felt it might seem too "frilly" (I am not the frilly pink type at all, despite my husbands outfit choice in my siggy pic!) and I know it is gaining popularity.  It was the very first name DH and I found and agreed on.  We spent the next several months scrutinizing names and kept coming back to this one.  Some days I regret not spelling it with one n, as we pronounce it "are-e-ona", but it really hasn't been an issue as most people around here say it that way.  At first I did have some name regret, but that is gone and I think it totally suits my little bossypants :-)
  • Still love our name choice. My whole pregnancy SO wanted to name him Peyton and I did not like it. Towards the end we decided we needed to see him before we could name him. SO came up with Camden Michael and I love it.....and I love the NN Cam!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • No regrets at all. We love our name choice. Even if we chose something crazy, like Gumball or something, lol. It would still be the perfect name because he's our kid :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • arschm02arschm02 member
    edited November 2013
    I'm in love with LOs name: William Thomas. William is my dad's name (although he goes by Bill). Thomas is his middle name which is DHs middle name and his grandfathers name. I love classic boy names and love even more that it means something to us. Thank God DH and I didn't have a girl. We couldn't agree on anything!!!!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • I still love DD's name (Emerson) and it fits her perfectly.

• I love my DDs name.  DH and I met at a concert over 17 years ago.  We named our DD after that singer! She is a Righteous Babe! Her name is Ani.

Ani's middle name is "Spring" in my language because she came early on March 23rd.

I was worried that it would be weird at first, but it so suits her!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP#2 May 29/12 EDD Feb 3/13 M/C June 9/12 @ 6 weeks BFP#3 August 12/12 (It rained all day and then at dinner we saw a rainbow... and had a BFP just before bed!) EDD April 21/12
  • I love our daughters name (Giavanna)... Just a bit disappointed that everyone refers to her as Gia. It's not that I don't like the NN I just think her full name is so pretty. Oh well...her Momma will always use the full version I guess;)
  • Sol1790 said:

My daughters first name was chosen by dad and I got to pick her middle name. We both liked it and were happy. Full name is Jasmine Isabella and last name starts with M. Well a friend decided to customize a blanket with her initials and they are JIM I never noticed before that :(. I truly dislike her initials. Oh well!

Still love our name choices! But if it makes you feel any better Sol, we can't monogram anything for Halle because her monogrammed initials are hOe. :/ but I liked her name too much to change my mind because her actual initials are HEO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love the name Miles too!  My DD is named Charli and it took awhile for people to warm up to it.  She fits the name perfectly though.  My DS is named Carter.  I love their names!

• Love her name it fits perfectly!
  • Absolutely happy with name choice, spelling not so much. We were team green. The day before I was induced I looked at my husband and confirmed our name choices. The middle names were so easy but first names were hard. We choice Juliet Therese. NN Jules. I hate that everyone spells her name Juliette. We went simple and the original Shakespeare spelling, think how how much easier it will be when she learns to spell her name. We actually knew her name would be Juliet but we didn't decide spelling until after she was born. Therese is both of our mothers middle names so that was meant to be. Something original and then named after family. That's all I wanted.
  • Yep. Still loving our little guys name... Montaine (which means great mountain)It's definitely not common and we get a lot of "oh that's different" but who cares....
  • We named our daughter Anya Alexis Lee and it fits her so well. We get looks as well with the name but we both agreed on the name right away. She has the middle name Alexis after my sister who has passed away and Lee after my mom and my sister. Her initials are AALD. Yes I don't like them but wouldn't change her name in the slightest!
    <3 Married the Love of my Life Louie 3.17.12
    <3 Our precious baby girl Anya 4.18.13
    <3 Our handsome baby boy Louie 6.6.14

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • chgibeau said:

Sol1790 said:

My daughters first name was chosen by dad and I got to pick her middle name. We both liked it and were happy. Full name is Jasmine Isabella and last name starts with M. Well a friend decided to customize a blanket with her initials and they are JIM I never noticed before that :(. I truly dislike her initials. Oh well!

Sorry Sol but I lol'd a little. There are MUCH worse initials though! I knew a guy whose initials were ARM. He chose to have that be his nickname - still don't know his real name. Maybe in the future you could do Jasmine's initials with your last name included like they do in Mexico?

I have a friend who gave her daughter the initials KKK. Even worse, her first and middle name could easily have been spelled with C's. We made sure to point this out before the baby was born but her response was "Well, she'll get married one day."

My daughters initials are ARM. My son is BAM. Take out the middle initial and he is BM...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We or should I say I chose Ty Henry. We are going back and forth on naming him Ty or Henry with my husbands name Matthew as the middle name. After he was born I looked at him and said "mommy loves you Ty Henry". And that was it. That was his name. I absolutely love it. Henry wasy husbands grandfathers name. And Ty was a name of a boy I knew that had cancer and passed away and I wanted to remember him. I always call him Ty Henry and not just Ty. Poor kid will be confused when he is older but I just love his name.
  • sparty11 said:
    We or should I say I chose Ty Henry. We are going back and forth on naming him Ty or Henry with my husbands name Matthew as the middle name. After he was born I looked at him and said "mommy loves you Ty Henry". And that was it. That was his name. I absolutely love it. Henry wasy husbands grandfathers name. And Ty was a name of a boy I knew that had cancer and passed away and I wanted to remember him. I always call him Ty Henry and not just Ty. Poor kid will be confused when he is older but I just love his name.
    I love the name Henry.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • chgibeau said:
    chgibeau said:
    Sol1790 said:

Sorry Sol but I lol'd a little. There are MUCH worse initials though! I knew a guy whose initials were ARM. He chose to have that be his nickname - still don't know his real name. Maybe in the future you could do Jasmine's initials with your last name included like they do in Mexico?

ARM is actually Anna's initials, lol. Oh well.

@coffeeMonster19 I didn't mean in my post that ARM was one of the more worse initials. sorry about the confusion. I actually think ARM is kinda fun.  KKK like PP said is a bad one though! 
    all those initials might spell something, but the correct way to do a monogram is with the last name in the middle, larger than the first and middle name, so really it is jMi and aMr!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JSS1002 you are my new bf :) I did not know this because I don't monogram anything it was a gift and she actually did the whole "JIM" thing. This makes me feel better :) totally made my friday. I am too excited about this!
  • Sol1790 said:
    @JSS1002 you are my new bf :) I did not know this because I don't monogram anything it was a gift and she actually did the whole "JIM" thing. This makes me feel better :) totally made my friday. I am too excited about this!
    Happy to help!  Happy monogramming! :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love our name.. Mason Robert. I love our sons initials are MRZ. Mr.Z hehe same as his daddy! 
  • We kept coming back to our DDs name and it just stuck. Some family didn't like it but I don't care as she is our daughter and Fiona Josephine fits her. We get lots of compliments on it and I think it is sort of old school and classic.
  • I love my DDs name.  DH and I met at a concert over 17 years ago.  We named our DD after that singer! She is a Righteous Babe! Her name is Ani.

Ani's middle name is "Spring" in my language because she came early on March 23rd.

I was worried that it would be weird at first, but it so suits her!

I love Ani DiFranco!! Very cool name. :-)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• I love her name (Virginia Fay) and nickname (Ginny). I think it suits her well. We get a lot of, "oh, my great grandmother/great aunt/etc is named Virginia!" Yeah, we get it, it's an old name. Haha

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Everyone loves Ava's name (I wish it weren't so popular but I seriously picked it out ten years before I had her). Our friends love Mila's name- our families aren't as big of fans. But H and I don't care :P They've had the good grace to (mostly) keep their opinions to themselves.

• Late to the party here. I love DS' name (Leif), but I wish people knew how to pronounce it. It's Layf, not Leaf. People say, "Oh, like 'Leif' Erickson?" And I say "Yes, like 'Layf' Erickson." Oh well!

His middle name is my maiden name, Anderson, and I love that too. I was kind of sad when I gave up my maiden name, so I'm glad it lives on this way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"