April 2013 Moms
Options

Unpopular opinions?

2»

Re: Unpopular opinions?

• Options
    Re: teething - I think about what it felt like when my wisdom teeth came in and it was a constant, throbbing pain. I know some people who have had their wisdom teeth come in with no pain. So I'd think it would be the same for babies, meaning every baby is different, some experiencing more teething pain and issues from teething than others.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Re: teething - I think about what it felt like when my wisdom teeth came in and it was a constant, throbbing pain. I know some people who have had their wisdom teeth come in with no pain. So I'd think it would be the same for babies, meaning every baby is different, some experiencing more teething pain and issues from teething than others.
    I agree that babies have different pain thresholds, but what I am arguing about is everything else like diaper rash, ear infection, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Also, with wisdom teeth some people have enough room for it some don't, those who have limited amounts of room will probably have more painful eruptions because things need to be pushed to the side.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Debbie0580Debbie0580 member
    edited November 2013

I agree that babies have different pain thresholds, but what I am arguing about is everything else like diaper rash, ear infection, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Also, with wisdom teeth some people have enough room for it some don't, those who have limited amounts of room will probably have more painful eruptions because things need to be pushed to the side.

No, you didn't say anything about pain but I it was mentioned by whoever started the teething UO above.
    While teething may not "cause" the things you mentioned, it doesn't necessarily mean its unrelated. I think babies get sick more often when teething because they are shoving more stuff/toys/hands/whatever in their mouth to help ease the pain, therefore encountering more germs than when not teething.
    ETA: why am I always a quote failure when quoting more than one post?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

@JBDamonM - I am not new to dentistry problems. Nobody likes seeing their child in pain, but it is also a process in life that has to happen at some point. I honestly do not think it is 'traumatic'... I save that word for things like shots or broken bones.. 'ya know.. something that actually is scary.

I think shots are ten million times easier than teething. To each their own!!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Grace0609 said:

My other UO today:

I don't believe in significant teething pain and major issues from teething.

There I said it.

I would have agreed with you with Ava- teething only ever brought more sleep. Mila is so mild mannered but was frigging hell on wheels when her first tooth broke through.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    JSS1002 said:

Oh yeah, I also hate the expression or use of "lol.'  I realize that is a VERY unpopular opinion.  Never used it (except in situations like my talking about how much I hate it), don't get it, think its dumb, etc.

So how do you convey that something is funny via IM etc? The same could be said then of emoticons or similar abbreviations. If you have something that sounds "smarter", I would be happy to hear it.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    hatroopes said:
    JSS1002 said:

Oh yeah, I also hate the expression or use of "lol.'  I realize that is a VERY unpopular opinion.  Never used it (except in situations like my talking about how much I hate it), don't get it, think its dumb, etc.

So how do you convey that something is funny via IM etc? The same could be said then of emoticons or similar abbreviations. If you have something that sounds "smarter", I would be happy to hear it.
    I say "Haha" or "kidding!" or something that is actually a word. :-) 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"