April 2013 Moms
Options

Unpopular opinions?

Anyone? The board could use some discussion, since the "return stuff where you bought it!" debate has died down.

I think dentists are overpaid. I've met few that work a full five days a week. And most appear to be earning a healthy six figure income despite working 3-4 days a week. Maybe I'm just jealous because my education isn't paying off that well.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Unpopular opinions?

• Options

I hate soup!

Don't you live in the Midwest? How do you survive winter without some good soups or stews?
  • Options
    Wwhhaaa, I practically live on soup bc most of the time it's so low cal you can fill up on it and you don't feel like you missed anything.

I'll play on food. I hate bananas and yogurt. Yogurt tastes rotten to me and I hate the texture. Bananas have strings!!! They are slimy and brown with strings on them! I will eat a good banana bread or smoothie though, that helps.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keeping on with the food UO - I hate it when I order a glass of water in restaurants and they automatically put a wedge of lemon in it...ugh! I guess it's a southern thing?

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    ClandestineXClandestineX member
    edited October 2013
    I have on my fireproof panties on right now, so give me your worst.

-This is a spin off of when someone said that mothers "need" something to worry about, and I responded "when do mothers stop worrying?". While I think everyone worries, there are some people who worry way too much, the chances of your child ending up in the ER because of a food related issue is slim if you have no previous history of food allergies in your family. The other side of the coin, I cannot believe that some people do some things that scream "DANGER". Yes, accidents happen but it is really bad choice in parenting when a child gets burned, shocked, cut, or gets into something that was supposed to be baby proofed already. There is a level of being too strict and a level of being too lax. 

-I really dislike it when people post a UO in another day of the week and use it for this thread when it does come back up.

-I really do not know how people can watch reality tv shows now days and not feel their brain melting.

-Why do some people think flame free confessions are UO?

-Yes I will return items to the closest walmart if they accept it, luckily I haven't returned anything in years, but if a company accepts returns from other places that burden is on them. If they lose money on the deal then they need to revamp their return process/rules. 

-You should really not push your hang ups onto others.

I have more but I am dealing with a lady bug infestation at MIL's. Kinda hard writing one.. then vacuuming.. writing another.. vacuuming.

• Options
    Kate_C said:
    Anyone? The board could use some discussion, since the "return stuff where you bought it!" debate has died down. I think dentists are overpaid. I've met few that work a full five days a week. And most appear to be earning a healthy six figure income despite working 3-4 days a week. Maybe I'm just jealous because my education isn't paying off that well.
    Not to mention that the hygentist does 98% of a cleaning.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Options
    I hate soup!

I do too with the sole exception of Brunswick Stew and a side of cornbread.
  • Options
    Lady bugs suck.  Unless they are of the human baby variety!
    They really do, apparently there are swarms of them right now in the East. 

• Options

Oh yeah, I also hate the expression or use of "lol.'  I realize that is a VERY unpopular opinion.  Never used it (except in situations like my talking about how much I hate it), don't get it, think its dumb, etc.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I dislike all things "motivational" and "inspirational".
    Agreed. They just don't do it for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think that video of the mom singing and baby crying was weird and aw-ish.
    Agreed

I think they used actors tears;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sol1790Sol1790 member
    edited October 2013
    So glad I am not the only one who did not think that baby video was cute. My baby cries and pouts every time I say the letter A when singing the abc song so I dont do it because she doesnt like it. So I dont think the baby was emotional I think he did not like her song so he cried. And I totally over do "lol" sorry!

My uo I like baby jewelry my daughter wears earrings and has a 3 gold bracelets. Some people look at me weird in public when they see her with the bracelets well mind your own damn business. FWIW she does not wear them 24/7 just when out and about.
  • Options
    DC>Marvel. /waits for backlash
    Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

>

-I really dislike it when people post a UO in another day of the week and use it for this thread when it does come back up.

-Yes I will return items to the closest walmart if they accept it, luckily I haven't returned anything in years, but if a company accepts returns from other places that burden is on them. If they lose money on the deal then they need to revamp their return process/rules.
    I feel like you are a bundle of contradictions today... You don't like it when people bring up past UO or mix FFC with UO, but then confess that you return stuff to Walmart even if not purchased there (harkening back to the infamous baby food return post)? C'mon now. ;)
  • Options
    JSS1002 said:

Oh yeah, I also hate the expression or use of "lol.'  I realize that is a VERY unpopular opinion.  Never used it (except in situations like my talking about how much I hate it), don't get it, think its dumb, etc.

Totally guilty. At least I don't misuse it by writing "lolololol". As if laughing out loud requires repetition to indicate one is laughing out loud. Or when people say LOL in real life. Uh... Just actually laugh out loud maybe?
  • Options
    JSS1002 said:

annnnnnnnnnd a seasonal one:
    I absolutely loathe that women use Halloween as an excuse to dress like sluts.

Not unpopular unless you are said woman who dresses like slut
    DT Mpls it seems like they all do...

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    DC>Marvel. /waits for backlash
    That is rather unpopular, nice job. I just can't get with the side that doesn't have Deadpool. Also, Marvel does a good job with making characters you can relate to, way too many God-like characters in DC.

All in all it is like comparing granny smith apples with gaia apples. 

• Options
    I think that video of the mom singing and baby crying was weird and aw-ish.
    Agreed

I think they used actors tears;)
    I think she was cutting an onion off camera.
  • Options
    I am guilty of using LOL. and i am also guilty of using Halloween as an excuse to dress like a slut! (shrugs) I also love to over use the emojis on the iPhone keyboard. 

My UO... i hate people who celebrate their birthday during the week and expect you there. I mean i understand a small cake and dinner with the family, but a full on party on a week night? Really that is just dumb to me. ( My best friend just did this last night and needless to say i did not attend). I get it, It's YOUR bday.. but if you would like others to celebrate with you should also be considerate. 
  • Options
    Kate_C said:

Totally guilty. At least I don't misuse it by writing "lolololol". As if laughing out loud requires repetition to indicate one is laughing out loud. Or when people say LOL in real life. Uh... Just actually laugh out loud maybe?
    I hate it when people type it more than once or when people show off how edgy they are by using memes outside of the internet. 

• Options
    JSS1002 said:

Omg I was JUST saying today that the best part of having a baby on Halloween is that I don't have to dress up anymore! Everyone is looking at him anyway! Not that I have had a "slutty" costume in quite a few years, but in college... Guilty!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    ClandestineXClandestineX member
    edited October 2013
    Kate_C said:
    >

I feel like you are a bundle of contradictions today... You don't like it when people bring up past UO or mix FFC with UO, but then confess that you return stuff to Walmart even if not purchased there (harkening back to the infamous baby food return post)? C'mon now. ;)

I just saw this, my opinion in that walmart thread wasn't a unpopular one, at least were I come from. I am talking about people who say "I was going to save this for a UO but here it goes..." then use it again here. Also, it wasn't really a confession since I have not done it in so long I cannot even remember.

• Options
    I am guilty of using LOL. and i am also guilty of using Halloween as an excuse to dress like a slut! (shrugs) I also love to over use the emojis on the iPhone keyboard. 

My UO... i hate people who celebrate their birthday during the week and expect you there. I mean i understand a small cake and dinner with the family, but a full on party on a week night? Really that is just dumb to me. ( My best friend just did this last night and needless to say i did not attend). I get it, It's YOUR bday.. but if you would like others to celebrate with you should also be considerate. 
    This may be harsh - but my UO- I hate people who make a big deal of every birthday. As adults can't we just celebrate the big ones rather than be expected to get together for every single one? Just gets old to me (no pun intended)

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

• Options
    Grace0609 said:

My other UO today:

I don't believe in significant teething pain and major issues from teething.

There I said it.

Thank you! I usually think up UO throughout the week and actually last night fuming about Connor's costume I thought up all of the UO I wrote down here and forgot most of it, that being one of them.

• Options
    Grace0609 said:
    JSS1002 said:

I finally had an UO for today and this was mine.  Seriously.  I think Halloween for adults is the dumbest holiday ever and just an excuse to dress like hookers.
    I LOVE Halloween and will never stop dressing up, but there's a reason I tend to make my own costumes. I don't know where the sexy costume trend came from, but I hate them for being inaccurate to the character and for looking stupid.
    That being said, I always feel sad when I see people, even adults but especially kids, not dressed up on Halloween because it's just so much fun! (But then I'm biased because Halloween is my favorite holiday!)
    Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JBDamonM said:

This may be harsh - but my UO- I hate people who make a big deal of every birthday. As adults can't we just celebrate the big ones rather than be expected to get together for every single one? Just gets old to me (no pun intended)

I agree.  It's really dumb. Other than milestone birthdays (21, 30, 40,50),you just don't need to make a big deal out of your birthday as an adult... AW'ish / gift grabby to me...

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Grace0609 said:

My other UO today:

There I said it.

The bags under my eyes would beg to differ.
    Haha, yeah, how do you not BELIEVE in it?  Maybe your kid just doesn't have it? James has teethed fairly well but the night each tooth breaks the surface, he SCREAMS his head off. And then back to normal the next day. He's got 8 of 'em now so I feel like I finally know the signs and symptoms..

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Teething myths:

Teething does not cause a whole lot of trouble. I do not know how some people can pin point issues to teething anyways. Sure, maybe your baby is sensitive to discomfort and might wake up often but it should not compromise their health what so ever. 

Connor is getting his third tooth and the worst that has happened to him was moaning while I was messaging his gums and being a little irritable when they are cutting. 

• Options
    My first ever UO, here goes. I hate it when people have bumper stickers, T shirts or post on Facebook things like "I love my kids!" or "I love my husband!" Uh, yeah, most people love their kids and husbands. I'm not sure if it is just an AW kind of thing, they want us to know they have kids and husbands, or if they are trying to rub it in everyone else's face that they love their kids and husbands so much more than other people. Maybe they want to post a cute picture on Facebook and can't think of anything clever to say. Either way, I don't want to read people state the obvious all day long.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Grace0609 said:

JSS1002 said:

Grace0609 said:

My other UO today:

There I said it.

The bags under my eyes would beg to differ.

Haha, yeah, how do you not BELIEVE in it?  Maybe your kid just doesn't have it? James has teethed fairly well but the night each tooth breaks the surface, he SCREAMS his head off. And then back to normal the next day. He's got 8 of 'em now so I feel like I finally know the signs and symptoms.

Meh.  I just think people attribute waaaaayyyyy too much to teething that is likely just developmental, viral illness related, or grouchiness.

I don't know.  I've got 3 kids and I still don't believe teething is all it's made out to be.

I personally think you and @clandenstinex should have to cut some fresh teeth and then report back.

My dd also has not been a horrible teether but regardless I still think teething is traumatic and painful for a baby and personally I hate the thought of my daughter being in pain, even if its not "that bad."

• Options
    @JBDamonM - I am not new to dentistry problems. Nobody likes seeing their child in pain, but it is also a process in life that has to happen at some point. I honestly do not think it is 'traumatic'... I save that word for things like shots or broken bones.. 'ya know.. something that actually is scary.

• Options
    JSS1002 said:

JSS1002 said:

Not unpopular unless you are said woman who dresses like slut
    DT Mpls it seems like they all do...

Ha!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"