Pregnant after 35
Options

suggestions please...

I am absolutely tired of food! I have no idea what to make for supper anymore! I would love to know what you are having? Any new idea is most welcome! (Not seafood eaters here)

Re: suggestions please...

• Options
    https://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-bacon-wrapped-apple-bbq-chicken/

This is so yummy! Plus I make some mashed potatoes to go with it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh that looks amazing! I just got all of the ingredients (found nitrate free bacon!!). Something new and crock pot easy! Thank you! \:D/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is one of my favorites -- I add a bunch of other vegetables into it, too, depending on what is in season. I have found that butternut squash and red peppers are particularly good additions. We are not vegetarians but the soy chorizo is really tasty in this! Sometimes I use ground beef or turkey instead.
    https://cooktj.com/trader-joes-recipes/tamale-bake
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Sausage and lentil soup.  I can't find the recipe at the moment but basically you take chicken stock, a can of lentils (don't drain the water) onion, carrot, celery finely diced and cooked sausage (we use turkey sausage to reduce the fat content) simmer and eat.  We call it crack soup because it is that addictive.  I will post the actual recipe later on this evening.  IT is really good.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Geeps2 I make a soup almost exactly like that but I also add kale. It is absolutely delicious. Now I want to make that for dinner tonight (and will start calling it "crack soup")!
  • Options
    @Geeps2 I make a soup almost exactly like that but I also add kale. It is absolutely delicious. Now I want to make that for dinner tonight (and will start calling it "crack soup")!

LOL I now want it as well.  It is on the back of the Goya lentil can if that helps.  I don't know where my Hubs put the actual recipe.  We tweak it a bit from the can directions but it is DELICIOUS. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    DTNZ4Ever do you pre-cook the bacon at all before you wrap and put in the crockpot? I've never used bacon in a crockpot recipe before -- seems like it would stay really soft and pink. Does it actually get done-looking like the picture?
  • Options
    I made the bacon wrapped chicken tonight for supper. It was good. I may have cooked it too long... the apples kinda were just about nonexistent lol and the bacon was soft but cooked. I think maybe I will skip the bacon on the chicken and cook it seperate and sprinkle it on the finished product. I was all set to make corn bread with it, but I forgot! I have become such a spaz these days!
    Thanks again for the great ideas! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"