April 2015 Moms

extreme fatigue and some nausea a sign of labor?

Hi I'm a FTM and I just had a question for all those BTDT moms...has anyone experienced extreme fatigue before labor and a fuzzy nauseated (kinda like before you get the flu)feeling? I'm currently 39 weeks and 2cm dilated I havent really had any major prelabor symptoms except for today I slept in and then took another nap later on which is unlike me. I've also had a kinda weird flu like feeling I can't shake. I'm just wondering if this means labor is near or if I am just getting the flu. TIA :)

Re: extreme fatigue and some nausea a sign of labor?

• Wanting to sleep is common. Some women do feel nauseous. Whether these are prelabor symptoms for you, I can't answer.

Labor is near - most likely sometime in the next two weeks
  • Nausea and feeling like you need to push is a common sign of labor when coupled with contractions. Exhaustion is a third trimester feeling.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just made 40 weeks and I been very sick for the past 2 weeks with on and off throwing up and diarrhea. The doctor said it was common in which my body is preparing for labor. (Cleaning it self out).
    But yes my extra boost of energy I had through out my 2nd and 3rd trimester is officially gone. :)
    Good luck
  • Yeah the nausea just seems to be my lot with this pregnancy...I've had it since the very beginning :( I have started losing my mucus plug and having stronger contractions so I'm hoping the end is near and I get to see my little man :):)