June 2014 Moms
Options

What are you making for baby?

I'm sure I'm not the only knitter/crafty person on this board. So, what are you planning on making for your new little one, if anything? 

I wanted to start something almost as soon as we found out. Currently, I've got a little car seat sized baby blanket started (this pattern). Anyone else have something on the go?

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
DD2: October 2016
DC3: coming May 2019

Re: What are you making for baby?

• Options
    i wish someone would teach me how to knit but pretty sure my carpal tunnel wouldn't agree. I make hair bow boards, wooden name wall displays, tutus, etc. So if I have a boy - i'm screwed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not very talented. Grandma is knitting Blankets :)
  • Options
    I wish I could knit. But I can sew, so I plan on making the nursery set, possibly bibs, and a few other small projects. I will also most likely do the art for the nursery. Oh, and I am definitely scrapbooking this whole process.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 Oct/19/13, EDD June/27/14, MC began Dec/4/13 at 10w5d, sac measured 6w1d - blighted ovum, Misoprostol Dec/13/13 - nothing, bleeding, slow declining HCG, D&C Feb/6/14, HCG <1 Feb/18/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I also love ridiculous stuff like this
     That is awesome!

• Options
    My sister makes hair bows and all types of girly things so I'll be all set if we have a little girl. And my mom started on our baby blanket (gender neutral) the day after we gave her the news!
  • Options
    I will be making a crib size rag quilt, and I have plans to make some pretty hand dyed muslin recieving blankets.
    Mom to Haydon and Harper

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby #3 Due July 22nd
  • Options
    Nothing yet, just growing them :)
    I'm hoping to knit a blanket for each of them as well as sewing the curtains and cribs skirts for the nursery once I find fabric I like. I've found some cute painted dresser drawer pulls on Etsy but might try to make them myself. I'm also trying to persuade H that we should paint our cribs a bright fun color but he seems less on board with this idea. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    That blanket is beautiful! I'm working on a poncho right now to keep the burgeoning baby bump toasty through the winter months... Once I'm done with that though I plan on whipping up one of these adorable booby breast feeding hats https://www.paapinden.dk/blog/2010/11/09/lidt-brystfikseret/
  • Options
    My mom crochets so I know she will be making some blankets since this is her first and probably only grandchild. Well beside grandfur babies. Lol

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

• Options
    andyandrachelandyandrachel member
    edited October 2013
    Um yeah, I can't make stuff. With each of my boys, I bought letters to make a train out of their names and painted each letter a different color.
  • Options
    diagonalleydiagonalley member
    edited October 2013
    I hope to make the bedding for the nursery once I know if it is a boy or girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Probably a scrapbook baby book. Although, I have to finish Aidan's baby book first, I slacked off after 3 months!
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    LoHerrim said:
    Breastmilk. I'm crafty like that. ;)

Darn this was what I was gonna say!! Too slow...oh well
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• Options
    I'm hoping to make curtains for the nursery, maybe a little name plaque for his room/door, and POSSIBLY start a scrapbook for him. I dunno, though, I've been meaning to do a wedding album one, and that just hasn't happened.... :-/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    June '14 June Siggy Challenge - Summer Heat
  • Options
    I'm not crafty, but I love to write. So I'm wiring a journal for LO. I thought of the idea when I found my mom's journal and I just loved reading through it and seeing her from a whole new perspective.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I wish I knew how to sew/knit. I have made a few things though. I have made some artwork, I re-finished a vintage dresser, made the invitations for my shower (no, not planning my own, but my mother begged me to make some because the ones she liked were out of her budget), and a restoration hardware knock- off toy bin. I am also considering making a no sew adjustable crib skirt.

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • Options
    I was going to try to make a cool mobile for over his crib. I was thinking, when people make those hard molds of their pregnant bellies, what do they end up doing with them? Hang them on a wall? -obviously a little off topic.
  • Options
    I made this headband holder. And my mom is making a baby quilt.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Emery Elizabeth
    Due Date: June 5, 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I sew; I'm making her a crib skirt/sheets, some blankets, burp cloths, some headbands, and hopefully a swaddler.
    Although I haven't started on any of this.
  • Options
    I'm currently making a nursing cover. I'm going to try to make some dresses and a couple of headbands too. I just got a sewing machine so I'm not sure how they'll turn out. I also have some knitting patterns for headbands that are really cute. I just need to save up some money for all my projects lol.
  • Options
    I'm not crafty at all.  The only thing I plan on making is baby food.
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    I'm a quilter, but I'm not going to be able to pull one off before she comes. Between work, school, and the kids, I can't justify the craft time. I hope my father's wife makes one! I LOVE blankets!
    image  image
    Baby GIRL born June 12
  • Options
    I am not crafy so I am so jealous of all you girls. I can digi scrap but that's about it.
    :|
    DS 1 Alex born May 28, 2007 7lbs 14oz
    DS 2 Aiden born November 29, 2011 9lbs 1 oz
    DS 3 Lucas b/d February 26, 2013 at 18w6d Forever our angel
    DS #4 due June 13, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know how to knit, crochet, sew, or do anything involving fabric. I do draw and paint, though, so chances are I will make a picture and frame it to hang on the wall.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    flerlgirl said:

I am making the baby itself. That is all it gets. 

Same. I did crafty stuff for other people's kids. I'm done.

• Options
    I've crocheted a blanket that is carseat size but big enough to work as a breathable nursing cover as well. (: I find out gender on Friday so if it's a girl I'm adding pink bows and owls to girly up the blanket. I wanted pale blue incorporated into the nursery as well as pale and lime green so the blanket is pale blue and a pale green (half and half), and if its a boy, I'll add blue bow ties and owls. I'm excited. I'm also making both my toddlers blankets, and the baby a bigger blanket for him/her to grow in to. Also, I'm going to make matching hats to each blanket so Squishy will have two hats, and the tots will have one each, unless they want a second one then I'll make them each another. Squishy will get an Owl Hat to match nursery theme and boys will get to pick out of a few options (:
  • Options
    Picture for the blanket ladder didn't load :(
  • Options
    I'm attempting to knit a blanket. So far, I'm not getting very far with it.

• Options
    I am working on her letters.
  • Options
    I'm attempting to knit a blanket. So far, I'm not getting very far with it.
    @JohannaD22 I've been knitting for a long time, so if you'd like any help, tips, encouragement, etc feel free to send me a pm!

• Options
    @Natalie78W You can do it! :D

• Options
    I'm planning on making the crib bedding and maybe a quilt if I can find the time. I also am making a couple of cute wall hanging things. I am very crafty but lately I feel like I have no time for fun projects that I don't get paid for.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I tried knitting a few months back but it was going so slow and hurt my wrists. I then went to crochet, which I felt much better about. I'll be working more on attempting a blanket for him soon.

If all else fails, I'll sew a blanket. I sewed my niece a blanket and painted wood letters for her wall.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    I love to paint, so I am making a few large canvases for the nursery since we aren't allowed to paint the walls in our rental home. I'll also be sewing some things I found on Pinterest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"