Attachment Parenting

Giving children priase

2»

Re: Giving children priase

• st.augbride, my comment was never about your kid. You took my flippant (and admittedly jerky) off-the-cuff remark and turned it into an extra page of posts about how I mock kids with disabilities.

I am sorry that it came off as me being a giant asshole, but I was referring to specific situations that I have witnessed, not a general, "I point and laugh at kids who have trouble moving around trying to manuver at a park, and their parents who praise them".

This is all I'm adding to this thread, as I've been around long enough on the Bump to know threads like these are a lost cause with people trying to re-explain themselves over and over again. If you really think that's where I'm coming from and how I act, then so be it. Not much I can do to convince you otherwise.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• nosoup4u said:
    st.augbride, my comment was never about your kid. You took my flippant (and admittedly jerky) off-the-cuff remark and turned it into an extra page of posts about how I mock kids with disabilities.

I am sorry that it came off as me being a giant asshole, but I was referring to specific situations that I have witnessed, not a general, "I point and laugh at kids who have trouble moving around trying to manuver at a park, and their parents who praise them".

This is all I'm adding to this thread, as I've been around long enough on the Bump to know threads like these are a lost cause with people trying to re-explain themselves over and over again. If you really think that's where I'm coming from and how I act, then so be it. Not much I can do to convince you otherwise.

Of course I would hope that's not how you typically act. I get it. You were commenting on a particular situation. It was still hurtful the way it was said since you wouldn't see my kid and immediately realize his full history, which is often the case. I think you understand where we were coming from and how that was taken. Anyhow, I agree that this should just rest.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"