September 2012 Moms

FFFC

C'mon people. It's already like 8:30. GET ON THE BALL!!
Me: 27 DH: 28
Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
DD born August 31, 2012
Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
Round two - ? 

image image image

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • All I could think when I was watching the lady that crashed into the Capitol be chased by the cops was how sad it was that she was about to die.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I live in MN and have a detached garage, but I won't be putting a coat on my LO just to walk out to the car.  I don't think the 30 seconds she's exposed to the cold is going to cause her any harm.  I will be buying her a coat and/or snowsuit for when we play outside. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All I could think when I was watching the lady that crashed into the Capitol be chased by the cops was how sad it was that she was about to die.
    I thought it was sad too, but I was more upset she did it with her one year old in the car. I mean, holy shit, they were SHOOTING at her car with her baby in there. I'm assuming they didn't see the baby when she was trying to ram through security. 

• MRoxy0628 said:
    I live in MN and have a detached garage, but I won't be putting a coat on my LO just to walk out to the car.  I don't think the 30 seconds she's exposed to the cold is going to cause her any harm.  I will be buying her a coat and/or snowsuit for when we play outside. 
    Will you preheat your car? We have an attached garage and it's not the walk to the car that I would worry about, but the 10 minutes or so in the car that is so freaking cold until it warms up.

That being said, if we're just going to daycare, I will warm up my car and take him with his fleece on. 

• I've been doing more things for myself and I feel guilty every time.

You stop that right now ((hugs))

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• I have no BFing support IRL. when people ask me if I'm still nursing I say no, for the sake of not having to deal with the looks of digust or 20 questions about why I'm still nursing or when I plan on weaning

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • LoisLayn23 said: I've been doing more things for myself and I feel guilty every time. I have too, and I'm getting to the point where I don't feel as guilty. Happy mom = happy family.

• ambekirt said:
    We go on vacation with out lo in Sunday and I cannot wait.
    Ooh, have fun! Where are you going?

• I have no BFing support IRL. when people ask me if I'm still nursing I say no, for the sake of not having to deal with the looks of digust or 20 questions about why I'm still nursing or when I plan on weaning
    Aww, ((hugs)). It stinks when people can't be supportive no matter what our choices. I wouldn't think people would find it that odd that a 13-month-old would still be nursing. It's not like he's 4. No one has really asked me if I'm still nursing DD though, so maybe I'm just ignorant of how they'd react. Oh well, I'm going to do what I want in the end anyway.

• I stress so much I give myself stomach aches. Like yesterday and today. I still eat though.

I have no BFing support IRL. when people ask me if I'm still nursing I say no, for the sake of not having to deal with the looks of digust or 20 questions about why I'm still nursing or when I plan on weaning

That sucks, Holly. I know what you are going through. Eping for a year is something NOBODY really got around here.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hate the pain olympics on FB that the government shutdown has caused (example: Who cares about milk and cheese when I lost my job- local comment on TV). Everyone is affected by this in some way, I think it is a shitty thing to say that those who receive WIC are lazy and should just get a job.I don't care if you hate Obama and I don't care if you love Obama, Americans are suffering and I am sick and tired of seeing George W hugging someone as proof he was a better president.I just don't care, there is enough blame to go around. Stop looking for reasons, excuses and justifications and find a way to help yourself and others. 

Amen.
  • I'm going to put my kid in his carseat with a winter coat on.

Oh wait, we did this already didn't we?  Lol.  Just kidding.

Next topic.

Beat me to the punch here.
  • @LoisLayne23 Letting go of the guilt is easier said than done. We are going away without the kids next week for our 10 year anniversary. I am already feeling the guilt but I know that this vacation is really needed. So I understand but I am hoping for you and me (and everyone else) that the guilt doesn't outweigh the good parts. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • melody921 said:

ambekirt said:

We go on vacation with out lo in Sunday and I cannot wait.

Ooh, have fun! Where are you going?
    We are going to Hawaii for a week. I truly can't wait. Though just being my husband and me could be weird.
                  image     image
  • Over the summer, a friend told me that she saw on FB that my ex-fiance was now married, with a kid, living across the country. It was a bad, long-distance breakup at the time (2004; he was in Iraq), and we never saw each other again. I posted about this once before that I had freeze-framed him in my mind as stuck in the same spot -- Army, dead-end jobs, no degree, etc. -- so even though I don't really care what he does with his life, it kind of caught me off guard that he had finished school, had a god job, married a pretty woman in what appears to be a beautiful wedding, had a cute kid, etc.

Anyway, I looked him up on FB and he doesn't set all his stuff to private (dumbass), so I could see that he and his wife (who also doesn't set all her stuff to private) were expecting another baby in September. I definitely stalked photos of their kid this week. On one hand, seeing him and his family makes me even more grateful for DH and our kids bc I remember what an ass my ex became at the end. But at the same time, the mean, petty part of me wishes that I didn't have to see him now looking so damn happy. I know, I know, get off freaking FB and stop stalking people who have no bearing on my life. That's why it's a FFFC.

• tonir319 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I live in MN and have a detached garage, but I won't be putting a coat on my LO just to walk out to the car.  I don't think the 30 seconds she's exposed to the cold is going to cause her any harm.  I will be buying her a coat and/or snowsuit for when we play outside. 
    Will you preheat your car? We have an attached garage and it's not the walk to the car that I would worry about, but the 10 minutes or so in the car that is so freaking cold until it warms up.

That being said, if we're just going to daycare, I will warm up my car and take him with his fleece on. 
    Yes, I will definitely be preheating my car and she will likely wear sweatshirts. 
  • melody921 said:
    LoisLayn23 said:

I've been doing more things for myself and I feel guilty every time.

I have too, and I'm getting to the point where I don't feel as guilty. Happy mom = happy family.
    I know. Every time I go I feel so happy and rejuvenated, but I always feel bad about getting a sitter or leaving them with Grandma.
    Grandma loves it. This is something else I had to learn, and now, it helps to give myself a break.

• I'm going to put my kid in his carseat with a winter coat on.

Oh wait, we did this already didn't we?  Lol.  Just kidding.

Next topic.
    TOO SOON!

• I'm afraid to tell my husband that if we don't get some space from ILs, we'll likely end up divorced. While he acknowledges the crazy, his parents have done so much for him that he feels as though making his own decisions means he is ungrateful.

• I've lost 4 pounds in the last week from nothing other than anxiety. I'm not upset about it.

• I hate the pain olympics on FB that the government shutdown has caused (example: Who cares about milk and cheese when I lost my job- local comment on TV). Everyone is affected by this in some way, I think it is a shitty thing to say that those who receive WIC are lazy and should just get a job.I don't care if you hate Obama and I don't care if you love Obama, Americans are suffering and I am sick and tired of seeing George W hugging someone as proof he was a better president.I just don't care, there is enough blame to go around. Stop looking for reasons, excuses and justifications and find a way to help yourself and others. 
    I wanted to junk punch someone bitching about possibly missing their annual "boys trip" to Zion and not being able to hike. I get it. That totally sucks. I have co-workers that are furloughed and afraid of missing mortgage payments...so shut up, guy on FB!!!!

Little Sprout Blog

• I don't set my FB page to private. I'm on social media, so whatever I put out there is public knowledge anyway. I don't care.

Little Sprout Blog

• BPer said:

I've lost 4 pounds in the last week from nothing other than anxiety. I'm not upset about it.

I wish I lost weight from anxiety. At least it would then accomplish something other than previously stated stomach aches.

• FFFC- one of the biggest reasons I'm hoping to be KU this month is because it would completely fuck over my work to have me on mat leave next summer.
    Ha. This reminded me of when my boss asked me if I got KU'd with a due date during our "busiest time of the year" on purpose. That was awesome, especially since she knew about my previous m/c.

• I've lost 4 pounds in the last week from nothing other than anxiety. I'm not upset about it.
    I wish I lost weight from anxiety. At least it would then accomplish something other than previously stated stomach aches.

I get really sick to my stomach too, and that's even while taking klonopin.

Anxiety usually gives me the poops = weight loss. 

• MRoxy0628 said:
    I've been rocking out to Michael Bolton the past couple of days. 
    My mom is obsessed with Michael Bolton! We tease her about it all the time. She dragged my dad to a concert of his several years ago. Oh the things we all do for love! My FFFC: I hate wine & beer. I want to love it I just can't get on board. Plus I'm allergic to all red wine so that's out. I'm just not much of a drinker anyways. Why don't I like alcohol?

• tonir319 said:

BPer said:

I've lost 4 pounds in the last week from nothing other than anxiety. I'm not upset about it.

I've been taking Imodium for two days.

Yep. Couple that with hardly having any appetite in the first place, and this baby weight is coming off! My mental state however, is a little questionable,

@BPer I do this too. I had horrible PPA and I lost most of my baby weight in the first two weeks after Kate was born. That being said, I was so dizzy I could barely function and it fucked with BFing, so...not so great in the end

@redneckmomma25 The second the anxiety eases up I feel like it's a mad rebound effect where I put it back on and then some because I'm still obviously upset, but not totally distraught, so I go to the opposite where I'm devouring carbs, booze and chocolate like it's business!

Little Sprout Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"