March 2014 Moms
Options

Things to NEVER name your child!

2»

Re: Things to NEVER name your child!

• Options
    Bronx mowgli, and any alcohol brand (ie Hennessey, etc).
    I know a Daiquiri...and she's like 35ish, I just really cant understand what her parents were thinking. I mean, I get that all Moms crave a drink during pregnancy but she took it to another level. 
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

In high school there were a pair of siblings named Princess & Angel. I'm
    not going to spell out the last name but when you sounded it out it was basically Midget. Please, do not name your daughter Princess

I went to college with a girl named Princess. Not only did she have an awful name but she was also an uppity bitch (had a "started from the bottom now we're here" attitude like she was so special)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    We have a sib set in my school named huckleberry and finnegan.
  • Options
    I keep thinking of more. When I student taught, one of my student's names was Diamond and another was named Elvis.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    DaisyJane11DaisyJane11 member
    edited October 2013
    Vicky Hicky.  She was a few years behind me in school. I've never known a girl more excited to get married and change her last name. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I currently know a child named Jealicy (pronounced jealousy). I'm dying to know the origins of her name since I can't exactly ask, wtf were you thinking???
  • Options
    How about Rainbow. I mean WHAT!
  • Options
    I keep hearing DR. Names so I remembered one in my old Doctors office, sad thing it is only a last name so not much of a choice unless she married into it and even then... Dr. Fillerup, which isn't uncommon, but she is an OB GYN so I just think it is super laughable because of her job, she seriously spends her day doing just that! Now I'm picturing nurses saying her name why she is delivering a baby... Worth a few giggles!
  • Options
    I went to high school with a girl named Justa Doll, the last name was spelled differently but pronounced the same. Overheard a pregnant woman in a doctors office tell a lady they would be naming the baby James Tiberius to which the woman asked, "Oh, like from Star Trek?" The mom replied, "No my husband says it's Roman." Uh huh, right.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I know a Mary terry, but at least she married into a rhyming name instead if her parents Naming her that.

Also, one if my husbands students moms name is candy Barr. That one cracks me up every time!
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options

Greg... It's not like it's that bad but it just reminds me of an old unattractive man. Idk. haha

Haha!

Rainbow, yellowjello, candy barr...I hate Greg.

Haaa!

=))
  • Options
    So I am a hardcore lurker who has never posted, but this post reminded me of one of the most funny/tragic things I have ever read on the internet:

Names include: 
    - Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii (that's the child's first name)
    - Midnight Chardonnay
    - Number 16 Bus Shelter (one can only imagine this is where the child was conceived and/or birthed)
    - Violence

Another woman attempted to name her child with text symbols (#@$%^&*, etc).  

Thank the Sweet Baby Jesus these names were overturned in the court, but personally, I think they should be bestowed on the parents who gave them to their kids! 
  • Options
    I went to school with a kid named Lydon... Lydon Blood!!!!!
  • Options
    jrw526 said:
    We have a sib set in my school named huckleberry and finnegan.
    I actually really like this.  Wouldn't do it myself, but I think it's kind of cute!
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image
                          Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                              

• Options
    Coworkers grandson is Sirius Thunder. Maybe would have been ok without thunder lol
  • Options
    One of my dad's colleagues has a daugter named Sunshine.  When I was in HS, my physics teacher said he was dating a girl named Sunshine.  I told my dad I thought it was funny how small our town was sometimes, and he's like "maybe it's someone else."  Right. 

"I can see light at the end of the tunnel, but I hope it's not another bastard with a torch holding more work."

"I don't always know what I'm talking about. I often don't know what I'm talking about. But it pisses me off when I do know what I'm talking about and people don't believe me."

Pregnancy Ticker      image

• Options
    I worked with a lady named Penny Hooker. I had to bite the inside of my cheek before saying her name to keep me laughing about it every time! She wasn't very nice either... Ha!
    Nicole W.
  • Options
    My mom went to school with a girl named Punny, her legal given name. Not a nickname.
  • Options
    I have to add another that my friend told me about today.  She had a preschool student who's name was Tyler William Anthony T.  Yup, his initials spell TWAT!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

This post is ca-racking me up!! WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!

Years ago we saw in the birth announcements a "Lake Michigan" and then the last name. Honestly?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Tickerimage

• Options

I work in a hospital, and I love our local policy.  If someone opts to name their child something that might not work out in American culture (ex: Diksh*t - no joke - it's an Indian name), social work gets involved to explain why the parents might want to rethink things. 

Ditto on the Nevaeh name.  And people always think they are SO clever and original when they explain it's Heaven spelled backwards.  If your child is born prematurely, PLEASE do not name him/her anything along the lines of Precious, Miracle, etc.  You're just dooming your child to a bad outcome.

• Options

I work in a hospital, and I love our local policy.  If someone opts to name their child something that might not work out in American culture (ex: Diksh*t - no joke - it's an Indian name), social work gets involved to explain why the parents might want to rethink things. 

Ditto on the Nevaeh name.  And people always think they are SO clever and original when they explain it's Heaven spelled backwards.  If your child is born prematurely, PLEASE do not name him/her anything along the lines of Precious, Miracle, etc.  You're just dooming your child to a bad outcome.

Really? An Indian name, omg that is horrible!!
  • Options
    Mrs.N.H.Mrs.N.H. member
    edited October 2013
    Ollila49 said:
    I know recently in the news there was a story about a court order to try and change two names some families had chosen. One was Adolf Hitler and the other was Messiah. Really people.
    Wasn't the Adolf Hitler sister named Aryan Nation?
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Mrs.N.H. I believe so.... Crazy people!
  • Options
    @lopezalonzo
    I worked in a special education school a few years back and also had a La-a in my class!!! And she gave me such an attitude when I pronounced it incorrectly on the first day!!
  • Options
    What about the Zappa kids: Ahmet, Dweezil, Moon Unit, and Diva? Weird enough for you?

Also, my mother graduated with a woman named "Candy Loving". No joke, that was her real name. I guess it was a good fit for her, because she later became a Playboy model.

Elliott Brady was 7lbs 4oz & 19in
    born March 8th, 2014 at 9:08pm
  • Options
    I went to school with a girl named Ada Kok......why don't parents think the whole name through! Lol :P
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I always liked the name Sunshine and it is my gaming handle... but I recently met a lady who name was Sunshine. I thought it was kind of cool, but I wouldn't name my child that.

Also DH and I loved the name Oneiric (Oh-nei-rick) for a boys name. We considered it in great detail, but I think it is out of the running since it is so unique.

Oneiric - of or relating to dreams or dreaming.

Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options
    AriaAmante143AriaAmante143 member
    edited October 2013
    Nevaeh has never ceased to annoy me. We get it, you can spell backwards.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @hemeyer Someone told me my names were tasteless and too normal on a thread about baby names
    I'm fairly positive that NO kid has ever complained that their name was "too normal."
    I've heard kids complain about their name being "too normal" but that's because in my grade we had 70 students all together [split into 2 classes] and out of those 70, 16 were named "Jessica".
    SIXTEEN! So you can imagine there were quite a few complaints about that - you can only have so many Jess, Jessie and Jessica B's. I would hate it too. :P
    But yeah, some people go way too far to try to make their kids "unique"
    An example of a very unfortunate name was a met a guy named "Eric Shun" last year - he said his friends called him Boner in high school.
  • Options
    kcanuckkcanuck member
    edited October 2013
    Just read this comment in a discussion on naming (on a FB group I'm on).  I'm sorry, but I've left their last name on because OMG. 

Oops, just edited as it preserved the link to the lady on FB...eeek!  Didn't know it would do that...

"[Redacted] VanLoon: If it makes you feel any better not many liked our boys names and we named them anyways. Rowdy Rhieus and Tryan Ryder. Most didn't like Tryan Ryder because of the obvious but my husband and I did so who cares about the rest, lol"

Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

image     image

• Options
    Tryan Ryder?! THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!
  • Options
    kcanuckkcanuck member
    edited October 2013

Tryan Ryder?! THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!
    I know!!  Tryan Ryder VanLoon.  Jeez.  
    Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

image     image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"