March 2014 Moms

Things to NEVER name your child!

Okay, so I've been on a name binge lately trying to find the right name, yet everywhere I turn someone says "I would never name a kid that," or some other thing, but most the time it is something that isn't that bad, so I thought really... I'd rather name them that then something else... Like
Merry Christmas
Tragedy (yes this happened) or
Sharon Dicks... Yes, I know someone actually named Sharon dicks and even trying to be mature I still can't help, but laugh when my husband makes fun of her name.. If you don't get it well, read it again.. Haha
Anyways, what are some names you would never name any child? Like ever!

Re: Things to NEVER name your child!

• An old classmate of mine was named Monday. Also had a lightning and a strawberry at my school. They were brother and sister and their last name was blond. Seriously what were those parents thinking!
  • Loading the player...
  • YankeePeach08YankeePeach08 member
    edited September 2013
    Maddeegal said:
    Okay, so I've been on a name binge lately trying to find the right name, yet everywhere I turn someone says "I would never name a kid that," or some other thing, but most the time it is something that isn't that bad, so I thought really... I'd rather name them that then something else... Like Merry Christmas Tragedy (yes this happened) or Sharon Dicks... Yes, I know someone actually named Sharon dicks and even trying to be mature I still can't help, but laugh when my husband makes fun of her name.. If you don't get it well, read it again.. Haha Anyways, what are some names you would never name any child? Like ever!
    Bwahahahaha this is MIL middle name. Not sure where it came from but that is how it is spelled.

ETA: whoops, just Merry, not christmas hahaha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• MaddeegalMaddeegal member
    edited September 2013
    Ollila49 said:

An old classmate of mine was named Monday. Also had a lightning and a strawberry at my school. They were brother and sister and their last name was blond. Seriously what were those parents thinking!

Omg! Strawberry blond, that is horrible!! Hahaha oh man, makes for a good laugh though!
  • Well they did name one of there children with a normal kinda name. Harmony. She worked at bob Evans :)
  • Greg... It's not like it's that bad but it just reminds me of an old unattractive man. Idk. haha
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • I had a professor named Jack Wacker.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Nova Kane (I know someone who named her daughter this...seriously)
    brideandgroom4 ceremony20 brideandgroom11

Married 9/8/07

BFP on 12/30/12, EDD 9/6/13, u/s at 8w no HB MMC 2/4/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My neighbors kid is named "Xavier Ray" and they call him x-Ray..the names aren't so bad, but you have to meet these people to fully understand how ridiculous their logic is. And I hate a teacher in 1st grade named Rita Book. I'm assuming she was a Rita before she married Mr Book but it was still pretty funny.
  • Apparently, no generation of people who've walked the earth are immune to terrible names:

Nothing like naming your kid "No-merit" to really start 'em off right.

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• My sister knew someone named Chrystal Shanda Lier...REALLY people
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 • 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD • MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 • 6/30/13 EDD 3/9/14...TWINS!! Baby A (BOY)-167 HB • Baby B (GIRL)-174 HB
    January 31, 2014 • Dominic Jayden 4lbs. 8oz.Ciara Aliyah 3lbs. 11oz. at 34w5d
  • I'm curious as to what names people are telling you they'd never use??

I know someone who works for the county and has seen:
    Bill-Clinton Barak-obama (first and middle)
    Cash Money
    Vagina ( they pronounced it va-geena)
  • In high school there were a pair of siblings named Princess & Angel. I'm
    not going to spell out the last name but when you sounded it out it was basically Midget. Please, do not name your daughter Princess

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I know recently in the news there was a story about a court order to try and change two names some families had chosen. One was Adolf Hitler and the other was Messiah. Really people.
  • One of our clients is named Hummingbird.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• In high school there were a pair of siblings named Princess & Angel. I'm
    not going to spell out the last name but when you sounded it out it was basically Midget. Please, do not name your daughter Princess

Double posting but I just looked her up on FB and realized she has an older brother. Named Turbo. Turbo Midget.

I SWEAR I'm not making this up.

• I used to work with a guy named Joe King... No joke lol
  • Dude Laycock for a boy and Baby Jean for a girl. Poor kids.
  • MaddeegalMaddeegal member
    edited September 2013
    Oh my gosh, these comments are making me laugh so hard! Thank you all, keep it up!

@hemeyer
    Someone told me my names were tasteless and too normal on a thread about baby names, I think she was referring to Ava, just cause it is popular and she thought I should pick different more inventive names... I agree about it being popular just not tasteless, my BFF is gonna name her daughter Ava though so I'm not gonna do that. My other names are Lyla and Scarlett, I also have Aurora as my DH favorite, she didn't like any, oh well, back to horrible names!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maddeegal said:

@hemeyer
    Someone told me my names were tasteless and too normal on a thread about baby names

I'm fairly positive that NO kid has ever complained that their name was "too normal."
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • A relative of mine has a friend who is a teacher. Legit student's name....

...wait for it....

La-a

Pronounced "La-dash-a"

WHYYYY?!?! 

• A student at my school is named Silver-Gold.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • at my school we have a patience, silence, honesty, dymond, serenity, fantasy, promise, nettorious... that is just in kindergarten.
  • Heavenly Snow...heard it in a dr. office.
  • Bronx mowgli, and any alcohol brand (ie Hennessey, etc).
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My uncle who is a cop arrested two brothers, Orangelo and Yellojello.. I guess the mom craved jello?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The band director in the high school I went to was anita dick.  I also knew a kid with F and M Castle Story - but that kinda grew on me, though I wouldn't name my kid that!

• Ohh a friend from grade school is named makeba. Like pronounced MaKeyBa!! What in the hell!!!

I went to law school with a girl names Makeba. Makeba isn't my style but I think it is a pretty South African name.
  • lopezalonsolopezalonso member
    edited September 2013
    I work with kids in a mental health setting and one mother actually named her child Shit-Yeah (pronounced shat-i-ya). Another mother named her daughter La-A (pronounced la-dash-a).

MEGA FACE PALM
  • Oklahoma baby names book year 2006 (Or 07) don't recall which,is a list of names people USED that year.  the first name listed in the boys half was "A" not something i would ever name my child, I also know a little boy named Random Wolf.
    image image 
  • at my school we have a patience, silence, honesty, dymond, serenity, fantasy, promise, nettorious... that is just in kindergarten.

Seriously they were setting their children up to strippers at birth! Fantasy really!! I don't mind serenity, but still!

So I remembered a girl my brother dated in high school, her name was
    Disney, I didn't mind it, but I would never ever do it!

• Crystal Beth. Seems harmless but the reason she named her daughter that is because she did A LOT of crystal meth and she thought it was freaking hilarious. True story.
  • I knew a guy once named Dick Goff and his dad is Jack Goff. There's also a Dr. Out there named Dr. Happy Thanksgiving Reynolds. Seriously. Google her. We were talking at work today about this story that came out a few years ago of a teacher taking attendance in class and a little girl's name being Le-a so the teacher said "Leah" so the little girl stands up and says "my name is Ledasha. The dash isn't silent!"
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Teacher name her daughter California...not so bad until you realize my teachers last name was Gold. California Gold. >,<

We were originally going with Hunter for boys name....then realized it was terrible with our last name. Hunter Berry. No...just no.

• My great aunt and uncle are Harry and Mary Lamb.. Not horrible but funny. My sister had a teacher whose husbands name is Harry Glasscock.. Lol why would you do that to your poor child
  • A former co-worker's father's name is Santa Claus. No affiliations to the North Pole, though.
    imageimage
  • I had a student last year whose legal name was Daddy, I also had one named emagene, not bad until she said it's pronounced like "imagine". And a friend this year at another school has a student named Baby Daddy but goes by BD... I don't know what these parents are thinking!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD attends school with a girl named Shimmer. Apparently Shimmer has a brother named Dark Moon. To each their own I guess but we definitely won't be adding Sparkle or Bright Sun to our family, lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"