May 2014 Moms
Options

Twins?

What makes your chances of twins greater? I've heard the rumor that is skips a generation and I've heard your chances are greater the older you are?

I'm a twin and my mother had us at about 36 years old but there is seriously no other twins in our family on both mom and dad's side.

Just wondering what my chances are. I'll be 22 when I give birth. But I guess I'll find out for sure Wednesday how many are in there at our first ultrasound!

Re: Twins?

• Options
    My husband's family on both sides is loaded with twins in every generation except his parents. His cousin is a fraternal twin and is preg for the 3rd time - she is having triplet boys! Ha!

• Options
    I heard that sometimes you don't find out right away if your having twins, that sometimes it takes up to 20 weeks to find out. Is that true? Anybody know?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! That's a lot of babies haha!! @jerseygirl129
  • Options
    MommyP26 said:
    I heard that sometimes you don't find out right away if your having twins, that sometimes it takes up to 20 weeks to find out. Is that true? Anybody know?
    I guess if you have a super early ultrasound and then dont have another one until your anatomy scan, then I suppose its possible.  I had my first u/s at 5w6d and my RE couldnt see the second baby hiding, if I wouldnt have had another ultrasound...guess I still wouldnt know. 
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the input :)
  • Options
    monimu13 said:
    MommyP26 said:
    I guess if you have a super early ultrasound and then dont have another one until your anatomy scan, then I suppose its possible.  I had my first u/s at 5w6d and my RE couldnt see the second baby hiding, if I wouldnt have had another ultrasound...guess I still wouldnt know. 
    Yes, BUT, your OB might figure out before the big u/s based on fundal height and hearing two heartbeats on the doppler. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 7w2d and I found out I'm pregnant with twins. You can see both gestational sacs and both heartbeats already:)
  • Options
    I know! She is in shock still - ha!

• Options
    I'm so nervous to see if there's more than 1!!! Twins run on both sides of our family. Hubby keeps saying " twinning" and everyone keeps telling me " I think you'll be the one to have twins"and I've had 3 psychics tell me in the past I have twins!!!!!!! I'm praying the twins are the second pregnancy!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"