July 2012 Moms

FC

2»

Re: FC

• I gave E a hand tap once over the food-dropping issue.  I felt so bad.  I don't think it's inherently wrong, but it's not even in my background.  It's not how I was raised, it's not how I intended to raise my kids, so it just came out of nowhere for me.   Startled the hell out of me.  :-(
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok I'm a mess today. I'm literally at my wits end sitting at 40 weeks pregnant. I'm so much more sore this time around, the constant false labor is killing me mentally, and I hate not being able to play/take care of Wes like I feel like I should. I really do hate complaining about it because I know there are so many struggling with getting pregnant or staying pregnant. But I don't know where else to vent. I apologize!!

Here's the flame part. I have a good friend in L&D who also knows my doctor well. Since I've been having so many painful contractions (that end up fizzling out) and was at 3cm yesterday, the two of them talked and said if by Sunday morning nothing happens, I can go in and have them break my water and that would probably jump start things enough without meds (trying to go med free again). I'm just so tempted to do it :( but I feel like its just me being impatient.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • To clarify I'm not talking about she was in a dangerous situation. She was not listening about the goddamned cabinets and then throwing huge tantrums when I would redirect her or say no. I would have absolutely hit her out of anger and that's the part I'm shameful of. I lost MY patience. So we went outside where there are no cabinets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Summergirl, I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through such tough times.  Please know that we are all always here for you.

We also utilize the "hand tap" when Em is doing something dangerous.  We barely do it hard enough to even feel it, but she startles and cries.  I let her be for about 5 seconds and then cuddle her close.  Maybe I'm sending mixed messages, I don't know.  I just can't let her continue to be scared, and I want to reassure her that mommy loves her even if she does need discipline sometimes.  I stay firm that those are not good activities and she's not allowed to do them, so hopefully the cuddles don't undo that.

My confession:  We still haven't figured out a name for this LO together, but I've been secretly thinking of him as Nicholas.  I don't know what I'll do if DH decides he hates that name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If things continue the way they are, it's just a matter of when (not if) until DH and I separate. I've already started looking for places to rent.

Big hugs. If you need anyone to talk to let me know. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • eafogel said:
    Summergirl, I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through such tough times.  Please know that we are all always here for you.

We also utilize the "hand tap" when Em is doing something dangerous.  We barely do it hard enough to even feel it, but she startles and cries.  I let her be for about 5 seconds and then cuddle her close.  Maybe I'm sending mixed messages, I don't know.  I just can't let her continue to be scared, and I want to reassure her that mommy loves her even if she does need discipline sometimes.  I stay firm that those are not good activities and she's not allowed to do them, so hopefully the cuddles don't undo that.

My confession:  We still haven't figured out a name for this LO together, but I've been secretly thinking of him as Nicholas.  I don't know what I'll do if DH decides he hates that name.
    See, maybe this is why I don't feel as bad for doing the hand-tap. Taylor is impervious to discomfort and pain, I swear. And she's not scared of me one bit. She'll be throwing food, and I'll do the tap and say NO sternly, and she just mean mugs me, holds her food over her tray for a moment, looks me dead in the eye, and drops it. I'm so fucked.
  • RTaylor12 said:

eafogel said:

Summergirl, I'm so sorry you and your husband are going through such tough times.  Please know that we are all always here for you.

See, maybe this is why I don't feel as bad for doing the hand-tap. Taylor is impervious to discomfort and pain, I swear. And she's not scared of me one bit. She'll be throwing food, and I'll do the tap and say NO sternly, and she just mean mugs me, holds her food over her tray for a moment, looks me dead in the eye, and drops it. I'm so fucked.

DH thinks she cries because she's angry and frustrated at not getting her way, which could be the case. I just can't help feeling like she needs a cuddle when she gets upset.

She does that thing of watching me while she does something mischievous too. Today it was climbing into/onto things like the baby swing, the washing machine, a chair, and her empty water table. I say no and she just grins. I think we're all screwed!

• This is the look..."whatcha gonna do about it, mom?"

• @summergirl1211 I'm so sorry.  I hope things improve.
    @summergirl1211 - I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope you are doing ok. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"