July 2012 Moms
Options

FC

Like seriously, I wake up drink coffee until like noon. Sometimes later, iced coffee?? Yes please! Then it's onto dr.pepper or sweet tea for a minute until it's wine time. I really need to drink water.

Also I just applied to 4 jobs for preschool teacher positions that I dont want. If I get them I will work until my husband goes back to work and or school and quit and not put those jobs on my resume.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: FC

• Options
    I love Spongebob and besides Sesame Street every now and then it's all we watch w Austin
    Same, he's also started to watch LazyTown..that's a weird looking show. But he likes it!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    zpanjwani said:
    @hijoi, you're in charge of getting YH up?? MH has an alarm clock that he doesn't acknowledge, so I guess I might as well be, too. I think it would tick me off if he asked me to take that job though. He already gets kicked out of the bed with a sharp elbow to the back... I'd have to get a little tougher I think! ;) In other news, I'm about to win this FC thread, y'all. The other day before nap, I asked Benjamin to go pee pee. He answered matter of factly, "I just did, in your shower." Uhhhhh, WHAT??!! Sure enough, I go to check, and there's a big yellow puddle on the floor of my shower. You see, MH lets him pee in there when they shower together because apparently, that's a thing that guys do. Poor kid had no idea why I was upset; he genuinely didn't understand that he was ONLY allowed to do that DURING a shower. I tried to hide my disgust as I set him straight. I have no idea how long my son has been using my shower as a urinal. I don't think I want to know.
    Guys don't only do it.  I pee in the shower on the reg.  Boom!
    Same...i mean it's the shower it's going to go down the drain anyway.
    :\">

• Options
    We are moving closer to Atlanta (husband got a new job downtown) and I have found 7 houses that are beyond perfect for us. Buuuut I'm such a snob that I won't consider them because of the zip code they're in...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LOL, yes I'm aware some women do pee in the shower... I've done it on occasion. Definitely not the part of my story that I found weird/gross/hilarious. ;)

• Options
    jfresh said:
    I traded cars with my dad this morning so he could get the oil changed. I also really needed gas but I only put in 10 bucks because I knew he'd fill up the tank.
    I do this to my H!  I hate pumping gas so when my car is almost on empty, I always suggest that he drive it for the day or an errand.
  • Options
    Children show adults creep me out. I always think about them trying to hAve sex

• Options
    @summergirl1211 I'm so sorry.  I hope things improve.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    @summergirl1211, want to go in on an "executive home" with us?? There are some RIDICULOUS listings up there!

No seriously, I hope you take that as me lightening the mood and hoping for a smile... I don't mean to make light of tir situation in ANY way. I am so sorry you're in that spot! PM me if you want to talk it out. I've been there before. Hugs!

• Options
    I've never popped a zit or pimple. I've had maybe 4 my whole life. If I got one now I wouldn't know what to do with it

Now this post preg bacne is another story
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If things continue the way they are, it's just a matter of when (not if) until DH and I separate. I've already started looking for places to rent.

I'm so sad to hear this..
  • Options

Laurski81 said:
    @summergirl1211 I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you two are able to talk and work everything out. Hugs
    This. Have you though about therapy? 
    I don't know what the issue is, but for girls on here that are having trouble getting their H to do their part at home, I recently started to read "How can I be your lover when I'm too busy being your mother" because my H and I were having big problems.  I'm not quite done reading the suggestions to make it better, but just acknowledging the problem, and mostly, acknowledging my own role in the problem has made things A LOT better.  I have to admit I hid the book from my H and haven't even mentioned it to him yet, because I know the title will make him freak.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    Hugs Summergirl!

Happy Hour starts at 4 today and MH doesn't get home until 5. You better believe that Olivia will be sitting on the patio of the bar with Mommy until Daddy can pick her up. This Mom needs some girl time with her friends!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    JennMM said:

We were having sexy time the other night and DH all of sudden stopped and got up. I asked him what was wrong and he informed me that my monthly friend was visiting and he was soobviously grossed out. It was actually quite funny.

Period or not st is happening in this house. Lay a towel down baby. #gothisredwings ;)

• Options
    If things continue the way they are, it's just a matter of when (not if) until DH and I separate. I've already started looking for places to rent.
    @summergirl1211 I am so sorry.  I hope that things improve and you can work things out.  We are here for you!
  • Options

Laurski81 said:
    @summergirl1211 I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you two are able to talk and work everything out. Hugs
    This. Have you though about therapy? 
    I don't know what the issue is, but for girls on here that are having trouble getting their H to do their part at home, I recently started to read "How can I be your lover when I'm too busy being your mother" because my H and I were having big problems.  I'm not quite done reading the suggestions to make it better, but just acknowledging the problem, and mostly, acknowledging my own role in the problem has made things A LOT better.  I have to admit I hid the book from my H and haven't even mentioned it to him yet, because I know the title will make him freak.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I am going to search for a Kindle version.
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    DH and I haven't had sex in months.  We haven't even kissed in over a month.  I feel as though I have a room mate, not a husband.
    MH and I went through this a few months ago and I finally just broke down and told him I didn't sign up for a roommate.  He revealed his feelings too, and since we were both aware of what the other was feeling, we knew what to focus on.  That 30-minute talk turned our marriage around in an instant.  I hope you are able to get a grasp on what's bothering you also and can make a change for the better!
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    @summergirl1211 - yup time for us to go get that drink.  Maybe we need a little support group for those of us who are having trouble with our marriages and the transition with kids.

Summergirl, I'm so sorry. :(

@bellaxanthe I think that's actually a great idea, it sounds like several of us are having problems.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Options
    Sometimes I think LO broke my body.  I feel like I have always been dealing with some pain/discomfort since LO was born.  My body just feels broken after dealing with the tear from delivery, trying to DTD again, a raging yeast infection, and having a couple of broken/cracked teeth. I love her but I feel like she broke me.
  • Options
    I needed gas today and didn't wanna pay for it so I'm making runs for work. Food and gas all go on the work credit card. I don't even feel bad
  • Options
    Now for the bad one...

For the first time ever this week I had the urge to hit emery to get my point across. She was driving be completely bsc and being such an ass on Tuesday I really wanted to smack her hand or something. I didn't. We went on a long walk instead. I still feel guilty. I can't believe I wanted to hit a baby.

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options

I don't pee in the shower, I couldn't bring myself too. I gross myself out with thinking about how I'd be standing in my own urine, and what if it doesn't all get washed off down the drain no matter how much water is still pouring down and I end up tracking it around all day?  :-S

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Options
    @nesenotes I think we've all had moments like that.  Don't beat yourself up over it. :)
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    hijinx said:

nesenotes said:

Now for the bad one... For the first time ever this week I had the urge to hit emery to get my point across. She was driving be completely bsc and being such an ass on Tuesday I really wanted to smack her hand or something. I didn't. We went on a long walk instead. I still feel guilty. I can't believe I wanted to hit a baby.

Last weekend DS was being a stinker and was deliberately climbing on the raised hearth in front of our fireplace after I repeatedly had told him no. He did it a ridiculous number of times and each time had this smirk on his face that said "watch me do exactly what you've been telling me not to do." I know it was a game for him, but after 3 hours of me telling him no and going and getting him off the hearth, I started losing my patience. I actually had to fight the urge to swat his bottom the one time I got him down. It was so horrifying to me that I got angry enough that I thought that was an option in my mind. I still feel sick to my stomach about it. I never want to do anything like to my kids and I feel like such a bad person I had even let a though like that enter my mind.

Long story short. You're not alone and I think it's great that you stopped yourself and went for a long walk instead.

Yes it was exactly that. @barefoot84 hitting was the norm in my household. It was a violent place and my mom had anger issues. Even into my teen years she would attempt to hit me with a belt. And I don't want to be her. So the fact that I so quickly went there in anger disgusted me.

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    @nesenotes I've been there too. Several times. The important part is not that you had the thought to hit but that you made a conscious decision not to and did something else. Kudos to you, honestly.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just picked up my Rx for Zoloft. I am tempted to not take it bc I don't like the stigma associated with it. The hospital pharmacist even acted uneasy and awkward when handing the Meds to me. However, I've been denying my symptoms for a long time. And I'm scared it will make me crazier with weird side effects
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have no original FC so I'll piggyback on everyone else's. I pee and brush my teeth in the shower on the reg. Also, Taylor has gotten her fair share of toddler-appropriate hand taps when she throws food off of her high chair. It pisses me off because she smirks at me and thinks it's a game. I don't do it hard, and I never discipline out of anger. If I'm really pissed I walk away and cool down before I lose my cool.
  • Options
    Hugs to you @summergirl

I guess my FC is that Camden does get a swat on the hand/diaper when he messes with the electrical outlets and tries to unplug and plug stuff in. It's never done out of anger but it is done to make him realize that's not safe. We have tried redirecting him and he goes right back to doing it and will laugh when we tell him no.

Another confession is as soon as I am cleared DH and I will be starting P90X not because I want to lose weight but because DH has put on a lot of weight since becoming a cop and he doesn't have the motivation to do it by himself. He is constantly complaining about his back hurting and I know its the weight. I feel bad because he doesn't eat out but because of his shift he doesn't get lunch and his body is just holding onto everything he eats :(.
  • Options
    DeniseRN said:
    I just picked up my Rx for Zoloft. I am tempted to not take it bc I don't like the stigma associated with it. The hospital pharmacist even acted uneasy and awkward when handing the Meds to me. However, I've been denying my symptoms for a long time. And I'm scared it will make me crazier with weird side effects
    The stigma is what made me not want to ask for help. Once I realized how much better it made me feel, I decided anyone who would judge me for depression and anxiety can go suck a fuck, I will take my awesome little blue pill and they can side-eye all they want.
  • Options
    Whenever anyone on here talks about themselves or their H losing a job in nursing or engineering I want to send information on jobs in my state. It's getting awkward to me how much I'd like to have one of you ladies around here. :-??  <--- the blushing one looks way too happy for how embarassed I am about this.

• Options
    I have a bad one. I've been thinking about it for a while now.

First of all, I don't drink. Ever. But I used to drink a lot in college, like getting shitfaced probably twice a week. It was all before I was 21 so getting the alcohol was part of the thrill.

I stopped drinking after a party where I got particularly drunk, and drove myself home. I had like ten voicemails from people checking on me because I had been so drunk. I am not a stupid person, and I would never ever ever consider doing this sober, so that told me how drunk I had been to make such a bad decision. When I sobered up the next morning I drove the route again to make sure I hadn't caused any damage. 

Anything that would give me such poor judgment is bad news for me. I have never been able to have just one drink. Even though that was 10 years ago, it still gives me the willies.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

You can flame me too - Dex gets hand spankings now and then if we have already pulled him away from what we are telling him not to do, gotten down in his face and told him No, etc.   It's typically only used in a dangerous behavior situation, but I am not afraid to spank my child if the situation calls for it (again, as a last resort sort of thing).  I don't do it to spank out of anger; I do it when he isn't listening and thinks it is funny to ignore what I am saying.  Time outs do not work at this age.

Yep this is is as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"