Pregnant after IF

?'s:babymoon and when to tell work

2 questions for you ladies today.

1 -Are any of you planning on a babymoon? If so, where are you going and how far along will you be at the time?  I would like to go somewhere in December before Christmas holiday.  I will be estimated 20 weeks at that time.  I hear 2nd tri is the best time to go.

2- When do you think it's appropriate to let work know about being pregnant?  I'm not sure when to tell....all I know is that in my contract it does specify if I have decided to quit I do need to give 6 months notice which seems like a loooooong time.  I'm not planning on quitting, just maternity leave.  I was initially thinking of letting them know at 20 weeks but thought then maybe that would be "too late" ...?

Also, I graduated yesterday from RE!!!! I was measuring 8w1d and the little gummi bear had a HB of 167.  I'm so excited that I've also graduated from PIO- now onto chronic vag discharge from the endometrin x 2 weeks!

TTC#2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ?'s:babymoon and when to tell work

• I'm not sure if we are doing a babymoon this time.  Last time, MH had a business trip in Malaysia when I was 24 weeks.  I met him over there and considered that our babymoon.  It was a good time to go, I was finally over feeling sick and food aversions, but not huge yet.

Last time I waited to tell my boss until I was 16 weeks.  I didn't tell my coworkers until 20 weeks, when it was obvious that I was KU.  This time I will probably tell at 12 weeks.  I'm in a much more understanding and caring environment, plus I'm SO SICK so I'd like to give them an excuse for my slacking.

Congrats on your graduation, and on being done with PIO!  What a milestone day!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Congrat's on graduation! I told my co-workers when I could no longer hide it, it really depends on the relationship you have with your boss/co-workers & your comfort level. No babymoon here but 20 weeks sounds like a good plan :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am trying to wait until after a big rush at work. I think I will be about 18 weeks. It depends on how much I am showing though. 

Congrats on graduating! My RE let me choose between staying on PIO or switching to endometrium. I chose to stay on PIO. If you get to choose I wouldn't suggest switching! 

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Gr8teGr8te member
    edited September 2013

We didn't babymoon. :( We waited too long, so around 20 weeks would be good timing.

I checked with HR and they didn't specify a timeframe, so I waited until I was showing.  I didn't tell my work until 7 months, but we just acquired a company and I wanted the dust to settle before I made any big announcements.

~ Everyone Welcome ~
    TTC: 05/2011 Me: 32, All Clear DH: 38 Dx: MFI Low Testosterone & 1% Morphology
    IVF #1 w/ICSI & IMSI, 12/03/12: ER: 27R, 20M, 15F
    4 blasts frozen (3BA 4BA 4BB 5BB) b/c of moderate OHSS
    FET #1: 02/08/13 Transferred 3BA & 4BA | HPT 5dp5dt BFP!

10dp5dt Beta #1 - 810 | 12dp5dt Beta #2 - 1843 BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am going to Barbados in a few weeks and will be in week 19. I've told a few people at work and just told my supervisor yesterday. She's announcing it at our team meeting tomorrow. I'm in my 16th week
  • My boss knows because I let her know about my treatments. Then I told her when I was spotting a couple weeks ago and missed a bunch of work. I think I will officially tell her and my colleagues when I possibly can't hide it anymore. 

We are planning on a babymoon, for sure. I think we are going to go somewhere warm in December before the holidays. I'll be about 18-20 weeks depending on when we go. Somewhere my DH can scuba dive and I can lay on the beach. We've actually been planning this trip for a several years, but due to money, moving, miscarriage, and fertility treatments, it kept getting pushed back. I'm so happy we can finally go.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We babymooned when I was 17 weeks. I am not working currently, but I honestly don't think I could have waited until 20 weeks. I was showing enough around 14 weeks that I couldn't have hid my pregnancy in work clothes, only baggy sweatshirts!
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We went on a baby moon to Ireland when I was around 25/26 weeks.  I have had a pretty uneventful pregnancy and wasn't too big at this point so it worked out well for us.  The plane ride was a little rough sitting in one spot for so long, but manageable. 

I told work around 14 weeks because both myself and one lady that I manage are due the same week - which means we are both out on leave during the busiest time of our year - so I wanted to give my boss/group plenty of heads up.  
    imageimage

TTC #1** Went off BCP July 2011

Me: 31 DH:31

Jan 2012 Dx PCOS by OB/Gyn

July 2012 - Tests with RE confirmed PCOS and annovulation

2 rounds of clomid, 5 IUI's using clomid + injectibles. 

Surprise BFP while on break cycle due to cysts.  It's a girl! Baby "E" born on Thanksgiving Day 11/28/13

• I think we will do a babymoon, but due to my teaching schedule it may not be possible to do a trip until I'm about 27/28 weeks. Do you all think that's too late? We are planning to go to Mexico with some good friends...probably Sayulita and/or Punta Mita. :-)

I have no CLUE when to tell work. Probably at the end of October when I am after the 12 week mark. I am hoping to take a long leave May-November, so they will need to plan ahead and likely adjust my pay for next year accordingly since I will take some unpaid leave.
    | Married since 2008 | DH and I: Both 30 | Me: Endometriosis and Carrier of an X-Linked Dominant Genetic Disorder | DH: Low Morph | Planning IVF with PGD and PGS in 2013 | Freeze-All IVF #1: March 2013 ER 3/26. 29R, 12M, 11F. 4 5AA frozen blasts. Freeze-All IVF#2: May 2013 ER 5/15. 31R, 21M, 20F. 6 5AA frozen blasts. Our PGD probe was completed in late June (total of 20 weeks to develop). PGD and PGS Results came on 6/19: 3 healthy embryos (normal chromosomes and unaffected by my family's genetic disorder). FET #1: July 2013 Natural Cycle - Cancelled due to insufficient lining (only got to 7.5mm). FET #1.2: August 2013 - Medicated Cycle with Lupron & Estrogen Patches to build up lining. Single embryo transfer was 8/23. Beta #1: 240! Beta #2: 578! U/S on 9/19 at 6w4d: We saw the heart beating at 131bpm. Second U/S on 10/4 at 8w5d: We saw the heart beating at 178bpm. EDD 5/11/2014
    PAIF/SAIF/Everyone Welcome! 

• Congrats on graduating!!

I told work at 12 weeks.  I was starting to not be able to hide it already and I just gave up. 

As for a babymoon, we are having one, but it was a pre-planned trip to Europe because I'm in a wedding in December.  Time-wise it works out perfectly for us, but I maybe would prefer a nice warm beach over the December drizzle of London :)  But hey, that's a first world problem and I should get over it.

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• 1 -Are any of you planning on a babymoon? If so, where are you going and how far along will you be at the time?

We're not planning a baby moon. There's just too much going on. We went on vaca to FL at 15 weeks so I guess that counts. We're going camping this weekend which is a yearly thing for us. Other than that. I'm 22 weeks and don't want to travel much.

2- When do you think it's appropriate to let work know about being pregnant?

I told work at 12 weeks. I think whatever makes u feel comfortable.

Congrats on moving on to OB. Beware, you do not have as many u/s as with the RE. But they take good care of you. Best of luck!!!!
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • Thank you for all the kind words and input :)

I think right now maybe i'll tell around 14 weeks?

As for babymoon - I can't stand long plane rides(nothing more than 4 hours) so I was thinking maybe mexico?

TTC#2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our little IVF miracle born 5/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"