June 2013 Moms
Options

How'd you meet?

How'd you meet your Hubs, BF, or GF lol? Today is the 2 year anniversary of Tommy and I meeting on Match.com

Sure did! I wanted to make a commercial but he wanted no part of it lol!

Re: How'd you meet?

• Options
    We met 6.5 years ago through friends when we all went to the movies. I was almost 18. We've been together nearly 6 years now and just celebrated our first wedding anniversary.
  • Options
    DH and I met at his fraternity at rush 9 years ago.  We started seeing one another in some capacity or another a couple years after that - we were just good friends who hung out and watch Stargate together before then.  Such geeks ;-)  And we each dated some of each other's friends before finally getting together ourselves.  Weird, but true.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We met 6 1/2 years ago.  My now MIL was my supervisor at the time and kept trying to set me up with her son and I was so not interested.  I finally gave in and went out with him and we've been together ever since; our 3 year wedding anniversary is in less than two weeks!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    We grew up in the same small town, so we always knew about each other, but he was 5 years older than me.  I went home for Thanksgiving Break one year and we hung out all night at the bar.  We started talking on the phone and about a month and a half later, we were engaged!  Married 6 months after that and here we are almost 3 1/2 years later!
  • Options
    We met online.  We had our first date in January of '09.  I just had to look back at my Google calendar, because I couldn't remember the year we met! LOL
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    We met in 1999. Yes, that ages me. We were in the same dorms in college. We liked each other right away and have been joined at the hip since then. :D
  • Options

We had some mutual friends, met once or twice at a few parties.  The last one was a Christmas party, you were suposed to wear a slutty santa outfit.  All I had was this tight red sequin knee length dress of my mothers from the 80's (its so tacky its awesome).  I don't remember really talking to him but apparently I left quite an impression on him.  A month later my sister (a jockey) ran into him at a race track.  He had just started training horses on his own and she asked him when he was going to put her on some horses in the afternoon.  He said he when she gave him my phone number.  She essentially whored me out.  It all worked out, he did put her on a horse (it took almost 6 months) that won and they have a pretty good win percentage together so all in all not too shabby of a transaction. 

• Options
    I was a friends house and told her I needed a boyfriend so she called up one of her ex-boyfriends and we have been together ever since. I was 16 about to turn 17 and he was 20. I told him that I wouldn't date him til I was 17, so he waited til the day after my birthday and asked me out. We have been together for 11 & 1/2 years and about to be married for 4 years. DS1 was 2 years when we got married.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    I've known him since we were both 12. We went to neighboring middle schools that go to the same HS. We dated for like a week back then (do you even call that dating when you're that young?). We reunited about 2 years after we graduated from HS and started dating a couple weeks later and have been together ever since. That was over 10 years ago now!

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Options
    Met at a bar :\"> We had mutual friends. It will be 7 years ago next month...and we have been married for 3.5 years!

• Options
    We met at work. I was student teaching and he had been working there for 7 years. We now both work in different schools but it's always fun to say we met in middle school, even though we were teachers!!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    He was my neighbor (2 doors away)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We met almost 10 years ago in college, we went to large school in the city but a really small program (like 30 kids) he was a year ahead of me (4 years older then me though). It took him a while to notice that I wanted to be more then friends but he finally caught on and we've basically been together ever since (with a short break towards the beginning). We'll be married 3 years next April. We just took LO to the reunion/weekend getaway with his class, first baby of the bunch and a total hit!
  • Options
    We met our freshman year in college.  We lived on the same floor, we became really good friends and after a year and half of being friends, we started dating!  
    That was 13 years ago. we got married 6 years later, and then 7 years after we got married we have our first baby!  ( yeah, we are slow )

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    We met while working at Walmart when in college.  I had just been transferred from frozen to being a cashier.  He tried to be all smooth and give me his number saying that if I wanted someone to hang out with that night, I should call him.  Funny thing is, we had friends that were dating each other and his friend had asked if I knew him.  I didn't at the time the question was asked even though his locker was right above mine.  6 1/2 years later, and we're married and have a kid!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He was my tae kwon do instructor in college.
  • Options
    We met almost 6 years ago at a pub in college station home of the Aggies. I was there for my best friends birthday and my now hubby stole me away from some creepy guy. It was love at first sight. We saw each other every weekend for 3 years until we got married taking turns making the 2 hour drive.
  • Options
    We went to high school together.  We were best friends first, but have been together over 6 years now (married for 3+).
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options
    We met on jdate (internet site) 7 1/2 years ago.  We will be married 4 years in January.
  • Options
    We met through a friend when I was 14 and he was 15. We all went to a movie together. We liked each other... Then were just friends for a few years, dated for awhile in high school, just friends for the first few years of college, finally dated seriously for 2 years and we've been married for 4 years. It's crazy to think I married my first love.
  • Options
    KellenHi21KellenHi21 member
    edited September 2013
    We met while we were in college, although we didn't go to the same school. he was working at chipotle. Which was right by my college, while he was in school... And we got to know each other cause I was a regular, I went there way too much lol. Well he started hooking me up with free food And then one night invited me to a party and gave me his number. I texted him letting him know I wasn't going to make it, but now I knew he had my number. Took him 3 weeks but he finally called and asked me out, been together ever since... Got engaged after 6 months, had a long engagement since we wanted to wait until we graduated and got good jobs and such... Been together 6 years, married 2 1/2.

• Options
    We met 8+ years ago when a mutual friend invited us both to a charity event. I didn't really even notice him until we all started dancing and he and I did a Pulp Fiction-style dance to "Total Eclipse of the Heart". We kept the party going until the next morning ::wink wink:: and have been together ever since (married for 3+ years).
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    We went to the same university and a co-worker one of mine was one of his fraternity brothers so during recruitment week I and a few friends went over to their frat house to hang out and that's where we met.  A few weeks of exchanging conversation we started dating and have been together ever since.

7 years later and almost 5 years of marriage and we have three dogs and our beautiful baby girl.  Time really does fly.

• Options
    My sister and husband were friends in college. My junior year of college, I moved to a new city in a new state, where I knew absolutely no one and my sister told me her friend was staying in that city with his grandparents. So we met up, since I figured I should try and make one friend and we ended up dating. Now almost 8 years later it is crazy to think that we met at such a random place where neither of us lived for more than 4 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We met in 7th grade and were best friends. We started dating when we were 16 and the rest is history :) we have been together 10 years and married for 4.
  • Options
    I met DH through my friend who was dating his brother. We met briefly at Walmart, where he was working at the time. He was 17 and I was 18. Later that day we were both at the same BBQ at his brother's place and we found that we had a lot in common and the same sense of humor. We were friends for a couple of months before either of us got the courage to ask each other out. 
    We've been together for 8 years and next month we'll have been married for 3. :)
  • Options
    Drunk in a bar circa 2008

DS#1 3-28-02 ~ DD 6-15-09 ~ DS#2 5-31-13

• Options
    We met 7 yrs ago this month in college. I was teaching a swing dance class with my fiance at the time. DH was drug to the class by his friend who had a crush on one of the girls in class. We all hung out as a group for the rest of the semester. By January my fiance and I were dying fast and I broke it off in February. DH and I had a whirlwind romance almost right away that included the idea of moving states away when I graduated that May. We upset a lot of people, many thinking we rushed into it. I graduated in May and we moved closer to my home area. We got engaged in February, 1 year after dating, and married the next April. We've been married 4.5 yrs. DS1 is 2.5 and DS2 is 3 months.

• Options
    SilverEF said:

We met on jdate (internet site) 7 1/2 years ago.  We will be married 4 years in January.

My husband and I met on JDate as well! We met in July 2007, got married in July 2010...LO was born June 2013 (as you all know).
  • Options
    We met when I was 17 and he was 20. I was a waitress at Steak n Shake and he was friends with some of the regulars. They hounded me to date him and I kept saying no, but my husband kept coming in to 'read'. He finally asked for my number and we went on a few dates. The rest is history. He said he knew we would get married from the very beginning. That was 9 years ago. We've been married 6 1/2.

• Options
    We met at a party at a mutual friend's apartment 6 years ago.  I had just moved back after graduation and he had just moved back from living in Nashville.  He had apparently had a few shots of tequila before I arrived. He kept coming up to me and saying "Hey. Hey! Joanna?...I think you're really pretty" (great line, right?) I laughed him off, but couldn't shake off the connection I had with him instantly. I ran into him a couple of times after that and he called and asked me out.  We dated for three months, broke up because of some drama over exes (I was heartbroken), he moved to Australia for 8 months, came back, and a year later (after many long distance texts, phone calls, and FB messages to each other) we started right where we left off. I was never in love before I met him. I am a hopeless romantic, what can I say?
    Anniversary       

• Options
    His sister and I hung out with the same group of friends in junior high and high school and both our families attended the same church. He is 4 years older so we weren't in HS together, didn't really talk and weren't friends. When I turned 18 he came to the sporting goods store I worked at and asked for my number, then went right home and called. Uh, hello, you just saw I was at work! We've been together ever since. Our 6th anniversary is in November and we've been together almost 11 years total.
    N

Mr. Baby's ticker

• Options
    We used to work at the same ambulance company. He was a dispatcher and I was an EMT. We had our first date Halloween on 2007. We went to the movies amd watched Saw 4. Had dinner at the theatre. Went to the Cutting Edge in Fort Worth(haunted house) and then went for drinks at a Bennigans and the rest is history.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Options
    We met through one of my former coworkers. H was her husband's best friend, and she set us up.
  • Options

We met in high school! Started dating senior year & broke up the next year. I moved to Tennessee, Justin joined the AF and got stationed in North Dakota. Five years later, he was back home and I moved back home and asked him to go out for drinks so I could apologize for everything that had happened between us. It was love at first sight, all over again!

This is pretty much our story as well, except it was the CG instead of AF. I moved to Florida, Brian got stationed in Boston and then 5 years later we met up and never looked back! We just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We met on the beach. I had just moved to Miami and decided to go to the beach for the day by myself. He was there by himself. We ended up talking all afternoon. He called me that evening and we talked for hours. We got married exactly one year later on the beach where we met.  Been married now for over 5 years. My cousin says that I met the only nice straight guy on Miami Beach  :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"