April 2014 Moms
Options

Worried about spotting

I'm pregnant with my second and just experienced some spotting on my first day of my second trimester. Anyone have a similar experience or any info on this? I'm worried bc this never happened with my first.

Re: Worried about spotting

• Options
    Just to be clear I'm 12weeks along today.
  • Options
    Mandyw75Mandyw75 member
    edited October 2013
    I unfortunately have no advice. But I do know that every pregnancy is different and if it were me at this point I would call my dr and give myself some peace of mind. I did not have any spotting with my first either so I would also be freaked out now. 

Edit: I also meant to say I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm hoping it's nothing. 

Pregnancy Ticker

10 year old boy - April 13th 2003
    MMC Feb 20th - May 20th finished naturally
    BFP on July 25th 2013 LMP June 28th 2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did not have any spotting with my first either, but this time around 7 weeks I had some minor spotting. I called the doc and they told me to keep an eye on it and let them know if it happened again but there wasn't much they could do if it was a miscarriage. I am now 11.5 weeks and we heard a heartbeat last week at my first appt. Give your doc a call and see what they say.
  • Options
    This happened to me earlier this week, I'm 11 weeks and a few days. Wasn't a lot of spotting but I called my doc and they had me come in for an ultrasound just to make sure everything was ok, which thankfully it was! Said it's completely normal to spot as long as it's not "period" bleeding. Im glad I got the reassurance though!
  • Options
    I got sent to the er Fri night for light period like bleeding. Turns out my sch hasn't resolved as I was told weds and baby a's placenta is partially overlying my cervix. Never hurts to call the Dr if you're worried.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    i would dfinately get it checked out soon. I stared spotting (very light with no pain or cramping) two nights ago at 11w5d and after a phone call to my mother, i determined that it was probably nohing and that i probably overdid it during my workout that day. The next morning it was still very very light, like not even soaking thru to a pad. but since it was still flowing continuosluy  i went to the er yesterday and discovered id had a miscarriage. its been two days now and i am still just spotting very lightly and have no cramping. im not trying to scare you. i just want to let u know that ANY kind of bleeding can be a sign of a problem, so please get it checked out. best of lunck to u.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"