Options

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    kmcd23 said:

CNJ4EVA said:

kmcd23 said:

FFFC #3. I am terrified of being alone for another extended period of time, and will probably fly my Mom out again next time H goes out to sea for more than a few days. We're going to go broke buying plane tickets.

None of my business of course, but my two cents is to fly your mom in (or fly to her) as much as you can afford to. Sorry to be morbid, but when she's gone you will never look back and say "I shouldn't have spent that money", but you may have regrets if you feel like there's more time you could've spent together but didn't.

I say this because my mom is very sick. I'm always worrying that each holiday that passes is our last with her and I try to have her spend as much time with LO as possible before it's too late.
    I'm really sorry about your Mom, and I appreciate the perspective adjustment. It is more than just help for me - it's good for her and for G too. :)

ETA - I don't know what I did to mess up the quote. :/

Thank you.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Posting late... But I just woke the baby up!! Shut door super hard, she startled but figured would be fine as had been down for two hours... The I start clipping toenails and being loud and shocker, wide awake baby. I am an idiot! Especially since we are regressing anyway. Pretending I am doing a dream feed right now and not a guilty feed

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmcd23 said:
    My FFFC is that I have zero desire to leave my Mom's house. I've been here for a week, and with her taking such good care of me, I feel like I'm taking better care of G. 4 more days and vacation is over, and I don't want to go home! FFFC #2, stemming from that. I practically begged my husband to start planning for retirement from the Navy this week, even though I know he wants to stay in another 12 years. Wife of the year right here. FFFC #3. I am terrified of being alone for another extended period of time, and will probably fly my Mom out again next time H goes out to sea for more than a few days. We're going to go broke buying plane tickets.
    I completely get it. Trust me. My husband will be leaving soon again for ANOTHER long period of time. Luckily I have my MIL flying it, going home to stay with my brother and SIL, and flying/driving to visit other friends. Keeps me sane.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"