August 2012 Moms
Options

UO!!!

2»

Re: UO!!!

• Options
    Oh! I remember! I don't think Doc Mcstuffins is necessarily a "girl show." I thought about this because all of the merchandise for it is aimed towards girls, but J loves him some Lambie!
  • Options
    @nenecakies, this just popped up on my FB news feed. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think there is just as much stupid gossip that comes from men as there is from women, including in the workplace. Growing up, I identified with guys more than girls. I was a tomboy and "one of the guys" and it probably is why I was such a late bloomer in the dating world (and then acted all slutty when I was in college.) I find myself relating more to women now, because I have found a niche that has the same interests as me. But still, there is gossip and conversations about things I just don't care about. I just dot let that but get to me.

My UO: maybe this goes back to my days on TK, but I don't understand how so many women can get so up in arms about how perfectly you must treat your guests at a wedding, like I'm talking down to the perfect food, favors, drinks, temperature conditions. Maybe it's just my family, but any wedding I've been to I dont think anyone cared about the favors or what the food was like. We just are what was there, drank what was there, danced, and had fun. TK (and occasionally my mom) really stressed me out about having the perfect everything when all I really cared about was making sure I enjoyed the day. I ended up spending too much money on all that other crap and had a ton of favors and excess booze and leftover food. Guess what, none of my guests complained about anything (well, except my step MIL who felt she should have been mentioned in dh's thank you toast, but that's a different story for a different day.)

I didn't have favors for our guests.  I never liked favors, so I didn't get them for other people.  I feel kind of bad now because I wonder if it really is etiquette to give people a "Thank you" at the reception, but damn it, I wrote personalized thank you letters after the wedding/reception!!  And they got free food and booze, so they should consider themselves lucky (teasing, of course).
    The whole topic of favors ran me off my month board on TK. I got hit with some snark from this one chick and she made me cry (FFTC?) I didn't venture on TK for the last half of my wedding planning. Lol
    You were run off your board? I have thrown out every indelible wedding favor I've ever gotten. I don't need a champagne flute with your names on it.

Pretty much. My wedding was in January and it was also looked down upon if I didn't provide shawls or shrugs for my BMs. They didn't care that I was in AZ. I guess I was the red headed stepchild of the bunch (no offense to our red heads here. Just using the saying and I LOVE red heads!!! Actually runs in my family)
  • Options
    I think there is just as much stupid gossip that comes from men as there is from women, including in the workplace. Growing up, I identified with guys more than girls. I was a tomboy and "one of the guys" and it probably is why I was such a late bloomer in the dating world (and then acted all slutty when I was in college.) I find myself relating more to women now, because I have found a niche that has the same interests as me. But still, there is gossip and conversations about things I just don't care about. I just dot let that but get to me. My UO: maybe this goes back to my days on TK, but I don't understand how so many women can get so up in arms about how perfectly you must treat your guests at a wedding, like I'm talking down to the perfect food, favors, drinks, temperature conditions. Maybe it's just my family, but any wedding I've been to I dont think anyone cared about the favors or what the food was like. We just are what was there, drank what was there, danced, and had fun. TK (and occasionally my mom) really stressed me out about having the perfect everything when all I really cared about was making sure I enjoyed the day. I ended up spending too much money on all that other crap and had a ton of favors and excess booze and leftover food. Guess what, none of my guests complained about anything (well, except my step MIL who felt she should have been mentioned in dh's thank you toast, but that's a different story for a different day.)
    I didn't have favors for our guests.  I never liked favors, so I didn't get them for other people.  I feel kind of bad now because I wonder if it really is etiquette to give people a "Thank you" at the reception, but damn it, I wrote personalized thank you letters after the wedding/reception!!  And they got free food and booze, so they should consider themselves lucky (teasing, of course).
    The whole topic of favors ran me off my month board on TK. I got hit with some snark from this one chick and she made me cry (FFTC?) I didn't venture on TK for the last half of my wedding planning. Lol
    You were run off your board? I have thrown out every indelible wedding favor I've ever gotten. I don't need a champagne flute with your names on it.
    Pretty much. My wedding was in January and it was also looked down upon if I didn't provide shawls or shrugs for my BMs. They didn't care that I was in AZ. I guess I was the red headed stepchild of the bunch (no offense to our red heads here. Just using the saying and I LOVE red heads!!! Actually runs in my family)
    They would have hated me! I tried to get my girls to choose their own dresses. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    Oh! I remember! I don't think Doc Mcstuffins is necessarily a "girl show." I thought about this because all of the merchandise for it is aimed towards girls, but J loves him some Lambie!
    I totally agree! H loves him some Doc Mcstuffins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

06/10 mmc@ 10 weeks: 03/11 mc @ 8 weeks due to blighted ovum.
  • Options
    I love crust! I've never in my life cut the crust off my bread or left pizza crust behind.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jodegaard said:
    I love crust! I've never in my life cut the crust off my bread or left pizza crust behind.
    My SIL doesn't like pie crust. So if we're invited to a dinner she's going to, we're not "allowed" to bring a pie unless there will also be another dessert. MIL reminds us if she asks for a dessert. 

• Options
    jodegaard said:
    My SIL doesn't like pie crust. So if we're invited to a dinner she's going to, we're not "allowed" to bring a pie unless there will also be another dessert. MIL reminds us if she asks for a dessert. 
    How bizarre. Does she dislike all things pastry-esque? Or just pie crust?
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Linzlu214 said:

When I see my mil's number pop up on my phone I cringe and have a really hard time answering.

Hah! Me too. I usually don't answer, and text her back like "sorry! I'm out of area!", or "trying to get W down for a nap!". Big fat lie.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Medhp00 said:

I just don't need a lot of interaction. Maybe this is why I didn't want to return to work after my maternity leave. I notice that many said they were excited to return to work after having a baby because they missed the adult interaction and I just don't get it. I interact with my SO and Max. If I'm really needing more interaction then I can interact with my family and SO's family. I feel like that's plenty interaction for me.

I don't understand why people would ever order a well done steak.

I don't really need the interaction either. Actually, talking to people kind of makes me nervous
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jodegaard said:

jodegaard said:

How bizarre. Does she dislike all things pastry-esque? Or just pie crust?

It's sweet things in crusts. She can eat quiche and chicken and dumplings or biscuits but not pie or cobbler. It's annoying because I like making pie. I use butter BTW. :)

• Options

I think the Geico commercial with the camel asking everyone what day it is is hysterical. I seriously laugh every time I see it!

Gawd. My aunt loves that commercial too. Lol
  • Options
    I use Crisco in pie crust.  It's the way my mom always did it.  And our chocolate chip cookie recipe uses Crisco too.  Those are the only things I use it for I think.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"