2»

Re: GTKY: Furbaby addition

• Options
    Name: Toby (Tiberius)
    Type: Dog
    Breed: King Charles Spaniel
    Sex: Male
    How long have they been in the family? Since he was 12 weeks
    Personality: Needy and very loving.  The King Charles spaniels were bred to be lap dogs/bed warmers, so he always wants to be in my lap.
    Where do they sleep? In a crate, he loves it.
    Favorite toy/activity: Playing fetch, snuggling in my lap.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Not allowed upstairs at the moment.  That is where the nursery is.  We're preparing him to give baby some space.  Will let him back upstairs later.

Name: Chloe
    Breed: Bassett hound
    Sex: Female
    How long have they been in the family? I rescued her when she was 3.  She is still skittish around unfamiliar men, poor sweetheart.
    Personality: Shy, but very affectionate to those she recognizes
    Where do they sleep? See above for the rest.
    Favorite toy/activity:
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Name: TiberiusType: dogBreed: HavaneseAge: 2years 4 monthsSex: maleHow long have they been in the family? since 8 weeks oldPersonality: loves cuddling, naps, and people. a total clown who makes us laugh dailyWhere do they sleep? in our bedFavorite toy/activity: big stuffed dog-shaped toys to cuddle. If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Trying to teach him his commands a bit better

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have five, so bear with me!!

Name: Preston
    Breed: Yorkie
    How long have they been in the family? 6 years
    Personality: Grumpy old man
    Where do they sleep? In the bay window or on a pillow
    Favorite toy/activity: Sleeping and barking
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?  Not really, he's scared of babies so he won't go near them.

Name: Sweet Pea
    Breed: MinPin
    How long have they been in the family? 3 years
    Personality: Hyper but loving
    Where do they sleep? Pretty much anywhere but at night under the covers on the bed
    Favorite toy/activity: Chasing her tail
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Not really, also scared of small children.

Name: Josie
    Type:  Cat
    Breed: Tuxedo
    How long have they been in the family? 2 years
    Personality: Aloof
    Where do they sleep?  Anywhere that's warm
    Favorite toy/activity:  Eating, sleeping and going outside.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?  Nope..  she wants nothing to do with anyone except DH and me.

Name: Leonard
    Type: Cat
    Breed: Classic Tabby
    How long have they been in the family? 3 months
    Personality: Sweet and loving
    Where do they sleep? On DH's chest or the back of the couch.
    Favorite toy/activity:  Playing with his sister or chasing the mouse on a stick.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Not prepping so much, but I am having to teach them not to climb in the baby stuff.

Name: Penny
    Breed: Classic Tabby
    How long have they been in the family?  3 months
    Personality: Sweet but crazy
    Where do they sleep?  Anywhere
    Favorite toy/activity:  Attacking her brother, your toes, strings, playing with boxes and hiding in shopping bags.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?  Yes, trying to teach her not to use her claws so much.

And if you sat through all of that, more power to you!

M/C April 2005
    M/C July 2006
    BFP 9/28/12
    M/C 10/9/12
    10/30/12 diagnosed with Lupus Anticoagulation
    TTC again 3/11/13
    BFP 5/23/13!! Due Jan 29 with twin boys!

October Siggy Challenge ~ Baby Hitler

• Options
    Name: Neeko and Keeko
    Type: Dogs
    Breed: Shiba Inus
    Sex: Neeko is male, Keeko is female.
    How long have they been in the family? We got them at 12 weeks in September 2010
    Personality: Neeko is active and independent. He's our rough and tumble dog who plays fetch and rope tug. He's also one to be sleeping under the bed when everyone else is in the living room. Keeko is our cuddle bug. She has to be near you at all times and sleeps in between DH and I on the bed. She's also a lot calmer than Neeko.
    Where do they sleep? Neeko in his dog bed in the living room, Keeko between DH and I on the bed.
    Favorite toy/activity: Neeko LOVES tennis balls. Keeko has a pink elephant that's her "baby"
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? We prepared the dogs by introducing them to all the new baby things little by little. Also, my mom took a blanket home that had DS's smell on it while we were at the hospital so they knew his scent before bringing him home.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    Name: Rocky
    Breed: Hava-apso (Havanese Lhasa Apso)
    How long have they been in the family?  6 Months
    Personality: He is scared of people he doesn't know but once he does know you he likes to lick.
    Where do they sleep? At the foot of my bed
    Favorite toy/activity: He loves bully sticks but he also loves the skinneeez  dog toys. For an activity he likes to run around with his brother at my parents house (my parents got his brother the same time we got Rocky).
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? This is gonna be a tough one cause he just loves his mommy. Anything we bring into the house baby related he sniffs and when we are in the hospital having the babies I'm going to have my parents bring a blanket home that smells like the babies so he can sniff it.  I think in the beginning he might be scared but he will grow to love his brothers too!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll just list my 3 dogs this time

Name: Ouzo
    Breed: Min Schnauzer
    Sex: spayed female
    How long have they been in the family? 9 years
    Personality: Typical schnauzer, she is the doggie referee and prefers a nice quite crate to most other things 
    Where do they sleep? in the bed or in her crate in the room, she often chooses the crate
    Favorite toy/activity: she likes plush toys but her favorite thing is really just sleeping and looking out the window
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? This isn't her first rodeo and while in general she doesn't like kids, but she makes the exception for mine. Before DD I just got her on a routine that would be baby friendly and, honestly, with all the fostering we've done, she's use to changes

Name: Champagne
    Type: dog
    Breed: "pocket pit"-- she's a pit bull mix under 50lbs
    Sex: spayed female
    How long have they been in the family? 5.5 years (She was only about 5 wks old when she came into my shelter)
    Personality: Happiest dog ever. She loves everyone and everything. She can play rough with a 90lb am bulldog or gentle with a 10 lb pom. She is amazing with kids and we're planning to get her certified to do therapy. 
    Where do they sleep? In bed or sharing the crate with the schnauzer
    Favorite toy/activity: chuck-it balls. she loves to fetch and chew on them. But she also loves any and everything else
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? same prep and Ouzo, she just already loves kids and any/everything we've brought home.

Name: Calico Jack
    Breed: pit mix with a lot of boxer characteristics 
    Sex: neutered male
    How long have they been in the family? 7 months
    Personality: goofy and still very puppy-ish. We got him as a buddy for Champagne and (we went through a rescue who matched him to our home) he is the perfect match for her.
    Where do they sleep? In a crate in our room. He will still have nighttime accidents if he's out.
    Favorite toy/activity: Playing with Champagne. He'll play with toys but her prefers wrestling and tag with Champagne.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Nothing special. He had to adjust to DD when he came here, but infants are a lot easier on our critters than toddlers. He also follows Champagne's lead, so really, she makes it easy for us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Name: Misty
    Breed: Ragamuffin (I think - we adopted her after she was abandoned as a kitten so don't know her background)
    Age: almost 3 years ("birthday" around October we think)
    Sex: girl
    How long have they been in the family? almost 3 years (we adopted her in November 2011)
    Personality: A bit snobby but very loving when she wants attention, favours me and will tolerate DH when she wants love and I'm not around, very graceful and agile, very timid around anyone other than DH and I (will disappear when visitors are here, even if they're staying for days she won't come out at all)
    Where do they sleep? In bed with me by my face, she has her "spot" and gets pissy if anyone/anything is in her way at bedtime
    Favorite toy/activity: staring out the window or playing with our other cat occasionally
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? No prep. I have a feeling she'll just ignore the baby

Name: Justice
    Breed: Torbie (tabby/tortoiseshell mix)
    Sex: girl
    How long have they been in the family? about 2 years 
    Personality: Quite timid but curious, her curiousity overcomes her fear and she always needs to know what's going on, very friendly and unlike Misty is always up for cuddles, kind of clumsy and awkward
    Where do they sleep? In bed with me and DH, but doesn't have a spot. Will sometimes sleep by me, sometimes between DH and I, and sometimes on DH's side. Also sometimes sleeps in the spare room
    Favorite toy/activity: Doesn't really like toys and is actually difficult to play with because she just gets kind of scared/confused. Favourite activity is cuddling - she will let you pet her all day
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? No prep. She's slightly more of a concern than Misty because I think she'll be more curious and might be more likely to jump into a crib/bassinet. 

We'll see what happens but I won't leave the baby alone with either cat til I am sure they're safe. Also won't be letting the cats sleep in our room/baby's room (depending where he/she is sleeping) for the first while until I see how they do
  • Options
    Name: Mia
    Breed: Shepard/Lab Mix
    Sex: F
    How long have they been in the family? 3 years
    Personality: Stubborn, but loving.
    Where do they sleep? They're bed in separate room
    Favorite toy/activity: Oversized stuffed animals
    If you're prepping fur kid for human kid, how so? Friends children

Name: Zoey
    Breed: Blue Heeler/Australian Shepard
    How long have they been in the family? Rescued two weeks ago
    Personality: Hyper at times, but is also a big sweet baby.
    Where do they sleep? Our bed until she gets past her chewing faze.
    Favorite toy/activity: Anything she can chew!!
    If you're prepping fur kid for human kid, how so? Friends children

We also have a 16 year old cat named Christina that I've had since I was little.
  • Options
    Name: Bailee
    Type:dog
    Breed: belgian malinois
    How long have they been in the family? 4 years
    Personality: happy loving full of energy. loves hikes and walks
    Where do they sleep? I work nights so when i am home with me and when i am working my dh kennels her. 
    Favorite toy/activity: hiking walking
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? they r not allowed in the baby room

Name: Burt
    Type: dog
    Breed:chihuahua
    Sex: male
    How long have they been in the family? 1 year
    Personality: loves everyone, happy loves to play. 
    Where do they sleep?in bed w me during the day. and with bailee in kennel at night
    Favorite toy/activity: he humps his twins bear lol... and plays fetch with his ball
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Name: Tucker
    Breed: Catahoula Leopard
    Sex: Boy
    How long have they been in the family? We got him when he was 4 months old.
    Personality: The biggest lovey EVER! Not entirely confident all the time but very well behaved & obedient (4 rounds of classes at Petsmart ought to do that though - he just has to complete the test to be a Therapy dog)
    Where do they sleep? on his own bed at the foot of our bed (floor)
    Favorite toy/activity: Loves going to the dog park, curling up in my lap because he still thinks he's 4 months old, and going for roadtrips to visit my parents back home or sister in NYC.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Letting him check out anything baby related we bring home. Our cats will be a whole different story though I'm sure!
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• Options
    Name: St. John (pronounced Sin-Jin)
    Type:cat
    Breed: domestic short hair
    Sex: M
    How long have they been in the family? 15 years
    Personality: snuggly, a big suck who likes to lie on top of you or beside you... but very vocal and "cries" when he thinks you should be feeding him ... which is always.
    Where do they sleep? He sleeps pretty much anywhere in the house.  He used to sleep in my bed but my husband put a stop to that when he started staying over.
    Favorite toy/activity: sleeping, snuggling and begging for food
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? ummm... yeah... so we should think about this.

I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"