January 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: Furbaby addition

megngregkmegngregk member
edited August 2013 in January 2014 Moms
Has this been done already? If so, let me know and I'll delete. If you don't have a current furbaby, feel free to participate with one that was once very special to you :) 

For each furbaby:

Name:
Type:
Breed:
How long have they been in the family?
Personality:
Where do they sleep?
Favorite toy/activity:
If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?

ETA name & last question.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: GTKY: Furbaby addition

• Options

Type: Does a Hamster Count....lol
    Breed: Short Hair
    Sex: Female
    How long have they been in the family? Two years!
    Personality: Thinks she can chew her way out of a metal cage..lol
    Where do they sleep? currently in the corner cause she got to fat for her house
    Favorite toy/activity: Hang from the top of the cage while chewing off the paint.

This hamster is a freak, she literally escaped the two previous cages we had and she went as far as eating her way into our walls, thankfully she got hungry and came out on her own after my dad cut a hole closer to where she would be able to climb up.  So we bought an all metal cage and she spends all her time chewing the paint off the bars thinking she will still find a way out.  She has only bit my daughter once and loves to play in her ball...she always ends up in the bathroom (same room she chewed through the wall)

Oh we have a fish too..lol!
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • Options
    Cooper - 
    Type: Dog
    Breed: Lab
    Sex: Male
    How long have they been in the family: 8 years
    Personality: Hyper, friendly, silly
    Where do they sleep: On their beds in my room
    Favorite toy/activity: He likes rope toys, sticks, nylabones

Diesel-
    Breed: Rottweiler mix
    How long have they been in the family: 8 years
    Personality: laid back, loving
    Where do they sleep: On their bed in my room
    Favorite toy/activity: Tennis balls

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Name: Izarra
    Breed: Doberman
    How long have they been in the family? I was there the day she was born, brought her home at 12 weeks.
    Personality: The biggest love bug I've ever met. Her happiness stems from being allowed to cuddle. She is protective of our home, DH & I, but only in the sense that she will bark if the door bell rings. She occasionally barks as new people enter the house, but stops right away (except a few instances where strangers came over, and even I got a bad vibe from them). She's very mellow and lazy, and was the easiest puppy I've ever raised. We adore her, and miss her terribly (she's staying with the IL's until next winter).
    Where do they sleep? She naps on her bed or on the couch with her head in somebody's lap. At night she sleeps in her crate. She puts herself to bed when she's ready.
    Favorite toy/activity: Toy, anything that squeaks. Activity, cuddling.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? N/A

Name: Henry
    Type: Cat
    Breed: Domestic short hair
    How long have they been in the family? Since he was 7 weeks old.
    Personality: Huge cuddler, very mellow, loves the dog, good with friend's baby, gentle. He does get spunky occasionally and will run around going BSC, but then he passes out.
    Where do they sleep? Curled up to my chest or around my neck
    Favorite toy/activity: He has a big stuffed animal twice his size that he drags around the house, throws around, and then kneads an falls asleep on. It's adorable.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Haven't started yet, and not really sure what I can do.

Can you tell I'm bored?

imageimage

• Options
    Name: Oliver
    Type: Dogface
    Breed: Pitbull Mix
    How long have they been in the family?: Since he was 6 months
    Personality: A big snuggly stubborn wimp.
    Where do they sleep?: Everywhere. Happiest is in bed with us on occasion.
    Favorite toy/activity: Ball and car rides.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?: I have no clue.

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    @PreDempsey, "Personality: A big snuggly stubborn wimp." -- as is every Pit I've ever met :) He's adorable.

imageimage

• Options

It has been done before, but it was a while ago :)

Name:  Max
    Type:  Dog
    Breed:  Mix
    Sex:  M
    How long have they been in the family? Since he was 10 weeks old He was a rescue
    Personality: Loyal, loving, patient (a must with a toddler), gentle, I could go on and on...
    Where do they sleep? In our bed
    Favorite toy/activity: His squeaky toy he has had since he was a puppy. It goes everywhere with him.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?  We read numerous blogs/websites, got advice from the pets board on the nest, set up the baby things right away, worked on additional training, set boundaries when it came to the baby's things and the nursery, brought home baby blankets so he could get used to DD's smell before we brought her home, we still work with him and refresh some of his training.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Name: Max (full name Maxwell Wigglebottom)

Breed: Best guess is a Jack Russell Poodle mix but he is a pound puppy so who knows

How long have they been in the family? Just over a year now

Personality: Big old love bug who is affectionately known as my shadow.  Fairly mellow most of the time but when he is excited and has energy he is known to race through the house and use the beds and couch as launching pads.

Where do they sleep? Slightly ashamed to admit he sleeps up with us and often can be found all the way under the covers curled up behind my knees.

Favorite toy/activity: Either his squeaky bone which he throws for himself or stealing clean socks and parading past us to try to get us to react and chase him.

If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? DH has been working on yanking ears and making loud annoying crying noises which so far doesn't seem to phase him.  I've been working on the all important "stay" and "go to your spot" as well as convincing him that laying right next to me is just as good as being sprawled across my lap.

image             image             
        Baby K is 3 months old!                     Max: The original fur baby            
  • Options
    We may be crazy... But we are getting a lab puppy in another 2 months! We've wanted one forever and have been on a waiting list for 2 years. We don't want to pass this by. So we will have a baby and a puppy at the same time... Wish us luck! At least pooch will be potty trained by then.
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

• Options
    Name: Zeke

Breed: American Shorthair. He's the orange stripey kind. :)

How long have they been in the family? 2.5 years

Personality: Curious, hyper, sometimes destructive, loving, cuddly, a big Mama's boy.

Where do they sleep? On our bed, by my feet. I'm surprised how many other furbabies are sleeping with their moms and dads, but it makes me feel much less shame!

Favorite toy/activity: He has a blue elephant which he likes to play fetch with. He'll also play fetch with plastic or metal bottle caps. He loves to sit in windows so much that he's broken 2 screens on windows in our condo that we've only been living in for 6 months.

If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Nothing yet, but once we get the crib/bassinet set up we'll do some training with aluminum foil or double-stick tape to demonstrate that this is not a place he wants to be. I'm honestly hoping he'll just be scared of the baby because of the noises she makes and hopefully will not be a problem.
  • Options
    Didn't think to add a PIP request (pregnancy brain), but I love seeing pictures of the furbabies!

@ThankfulSnail, Henry loves to fetch, too. If you haven't tried those small, soft foamy balls, I recommend them. The kitties can easily pick them up in their mouths and carry them around. Henry likes to throw his in the air with his paws. I love fetching kitties :)

imageimage

• Options
    Name: Ruger & Jaxon
    Type: dogs
    Breed: labs
    Sex: boys
    How long have they been in the family? 4years
    Personality: Ruger- lover, mellow, loyal Jaxon- curious, lover, mischievous, loyal
    Where do they sleep? On the floor around our bed
    Favorite toy/activity: fetch
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Haven't started this yet
    Married 05.19.12 
      Lucas Anthony born 12.29.13
    image image

• Options
    Name: Gabby
    Type: cat
    Breed: short hair tuxedo
    Sex: female
    How long have they been in the family? Since my 21st birthday when she was about 14 weeks old.
    Personality: very friendly. She likes being around people and is always very outgoing when we have company.
    Where do they sleep? Everywhere, she's a cat ;) But at night she usually sleeps on top of my legs. Naps during the day are either on the back patio, couch, or guest bed.
    Favorite toy/activity: Killing lizards! But indoor activity: She fetches. Her favorite toys are those Lance Armstrong bracelets. We have about a million of them all over the house.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Not doing anything.

Name: Cosmo
    Breed: Pembroke Welsh Corgi
    Sex: male
    How long have they been in the family? Since he was 9 weeks old
    Personality: super friendly. Loves people and always has a smile on his face.
    Where do they sleep? On the floor between our bed and the window. He has a dog bed, but he's rarely in it. He typically hides his face in the curtains and sleeps smashed up against the wall upside down.
    Favorite toy/activity: Fetch. Always fetch. We live for that game :) He prefers the Cuz balls with the feet.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? I plan take him for walks with the empty stroller to get him used to it. Haven't thought too much further than that, although I have read a few articles that gave me good ideas.
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • Options
    Name: Molly
    Breed: Pug
    How long have they been in the family? 7 years as of Christmas Day (she's been part of my family longer than DH has!)
    Personality: Stubborn ferocious princess
    Where do they sleep? On one of her various beds or the couch, but always downstairs.
    Favorite toy/activity: She really likes Bow Wow Beanies (basically Beanie Babies that have squeakers in them) and sleeping/cuddling

Her pic is in my avatar, and here is one from when she was a little puppy: image

OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    genaruthpgenaruthp member
    edited August 2013
    Name: Lucius
    Breed: Unknown (Best guess golden retriever and white german shepherd) ~ 65lbs
    Sex:Male
    How long have they been in the family? 8 years (rescue)
    Personality: Mostly lazy with bursts of energy. He is an escape artist.
    Where do they sleep? Couch or if he's being a chicken in the bedroom with us
    Favorite toy/activity: He goes to work with DH - he loves barking at squirrels on their walks - he also loves barking at the deer (who ignore him) at home.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? He has one human kid already. I always made sure he was well played with and used to being pushed around. I mostly just make sure they aren't unsupervised.

Name: Little Girl (DH wouldn't agree to a real name forever so she responds to this. Her "legal name" is Cassiah)
    Type: DOG
    Breed: Australian Shepherd/ Chow/ Polish Lowland Sheepdog ~ 35 pounds (she was from a friend's 2 dogs who are amazing in personality)
    How long have they been in the family? 4 years
    Personality: Incredibly loyal and mellow. But she is the "protector" of the house. She has a crazy loud bark for being so small. Which is funny because she is all show. She will bark and bark but if you are a stranger and approach her she runs. She is also a homebody and doesn't need a leash.
    Where do they sleep? Couch. She will come upstairs if Lucius is freaked out as well. She needs to make sure he is ok.
    Favorite toy/activity: She's great at fetch. She really just wants to be in the center of people and will just lay about. She really is just a great dog.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? She is less tolerant of the human child we have now. She's never acted aggressive but the dog runs from the kid if the kid gets to rough.

FIL has a cat here - Black cat named "Blackberry." DD1 loves him and he is actually pretty patient with her. That could have to do with the fact that he is an attention whore who just wants to be petted. Or with the fact he's 16, fat and lazy. We also have a 4 or 5 year old gray cat named "Hemi." Due to the acreage we live on and the time he spends outside he's gone practically feral at this point and is pretty nuts. But he's harmless and only comes inside to eat or when it is cold. He does not stick around at all for kid to even get close.

ETA: Little Girl surprised me. She has been indifferent or avoiding of Josie as she's gotten older. But she was very concerned with her when we brought her home. Every time Josie cried, Little girl would sniff her, then look at me with  these sad eyes- like I had done something to make the baby cry! It was funny. She was the only animal to have an interest in the new baby.

DD ~ 4/21/2011
    DD 2.0 ~ 12/30/2013

• Options
    Name: Dolce
    Type: dog
    Breed: morkie
    Sex: female
    How long have they been in the family? 6 years
    Personality: loud, needy, center of attention
    Where do they sleep? Her own bed next to DH's side of the bed until the sun comes up then she is allowed to curl up with us
    Favorite toy/activity: she chews anything and everything apart before it has a chance of becoming a favorite
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? We will bring a baby blanket home so she can smell LO first as well as turn on all baby toys so she can hear the noise.
  • Options
    Name: Coco
    Breed: Pug
    Sex: F
    How long have they been in the family? 8 yrs
    Personality: She is the sweetest thing but my husband would definitely disagree. She runs the show and I guess can be a little sassy. She can do NO wrong to me. 
    Where do they sleep? Once my now husband moved in she no longer slept in bed with us but was moved downstairs! She has 4 beds to choose from so she's find. Plus her brother Owen is there too.
    Favorite toy/activity: She loves to sleep and has an indestructible little dinosaur she'll throw around now and then.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? I keep telling her she won't be put on the back burner, she's my first baby girl.

Name: Owen
    Breed: English Bulldog
    Sex:M
    How long have they been in the family? 6 years, but moved out with my ex for a few years in between me getting him back.
    Personality: He's very lovable to people but not a fan of other dogs. 
    Where do they sleep? He loves his dog crate! We don't lock it, he just goes in there on his own when he's tired.
    Favorite toy/activity: He loves tennis balls and food. His life revolves around eating as much as possible.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? I pet him a lot when he's eating now and poke him when he's sleeping. He's a little jumpy and I want to try and help him relax before the chaos.

I'm going to try and insert pics, I've never done it before so we'll see!

• Options
    It worked it worked it worked!!!  That just took me like 30 minutes to do. :/
  • Options
    My twin rescue mutts:

Name: Coltrane (brown and black)
    Breed: Bassador (basset/lab mix)
    How long have they been in the family? 2 years, 5 months
    Personality: Has been dubbed "the prince of all puppies" by my husband.  He loves other dogs, but is a total people dog. He cuddles 24/7 and is happy all the  time.
    Where do they sleep? In bed, with his head on my pregnancy pillow.
    Favorite toy/activity: Deer antlers
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? I tried to give him less attention and kick him out of bed.  Didn't work :)

Name: Monk (brownish red and white)
    Breed: Bassador (basset/lab mix)
    How long have they been in the family? 1 year, 3 months (though they're littermates, Monk came to us a year later.  Someone involved in the rescue knew how spoiled Coltrane was from Facebook pics and asked if we'd take Monk because his current family didn't have time for him)
    Personality: Came to us a total nervous mess, but he's like a brand new dog now!  He loves to cuddle, too.  He still hates loud noises and leaps into my lap if he's scared.  My vet scolded me for coddling him, but he's my baby.  I can't help it.
    Where do they sleep? Starts on his chair and makes his way to our bed in the middle of the night.
    Favorite toy/activity: Deer antlers
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? I tried to give him less attention and kick him out of bed.  Didn't work for him either :)

• Options
    Name: Sullivan (Sully)
    Type: cheagle
    How long have they been in the family? Since he stopped nursing
    Personality: he is a big baby. Love him so much.
    Where do they sleep? Next to my tummy
    Favorite toy/activity: getting attention
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?he is going to be so jealous! Lol we need to work on him not being such a needy baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Name:  Kunu

Type: woof woof

Breed: American Brown (aka mixed pound puppy) about 20lbs

Sex:  Boy

How long have they been in the family? 2 years and a couple months

Personality: Cuddly attention whore, very friendly towards everyone and everything- he believes there isn't a creature out there that shouldn't be his friend and want to play

Where do they sleep? On the bed with us or if its a hot night, on his bed or the tile floor

Favorite toy/activity: dog park is his fav, he loves squeaky plush toys (we get the kind with no stuffing bc he has jaws of steel) and of course wrestling with dad

If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Once we get a carseat and furniture we will do more. He's already very comfortable around babies and kids so it should be ok. 
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Kc101212Kc101212 member
    edited August 2013
    Name: Flash
    Breed: short hair tuxedo
    Sex: M
    How long have they been in the family? Since he was 12wks old
    Personality: timid, loves attention, petrified of the doorbell. He has cerebellar hypoplasia, so he's a bit clumsy and disheveled.
    Where do they sleep? In the cat bed during the day and at night under my arm or on my feet
    Favorite toy/activity: giving kitten kisses, eating, toys with catnip
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? I think he'll be too nervous around the LO worry about prepping him.

Name: Dash
    Breed: short hair tabby
    How long have they been in the family? Since he was 8 wks old
    Personality: rambunctious, curious
    Where do they sleep? On the kitchen counter during the day and at night cuddled up to DH, on his chest or pillow. They love each other.
    Favorite toy/activity: stealing anything off tables, counters, and nightstands he can get in his mouth. He also loves to be in the shower with you. He has a stick toy with feathers on the end that we're pretty sure he thinks is a real bird with the way he rips it to shreds and growls at it.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Keeping him closed out of the nursery so he gets used to not being in there. I think there will be no way to stop his curious investigations once LO arrives.

For you cat ladies....https://youtu.be/PKffm2uI4dk
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

J14's January Signature Challenge: Favorite Post-Delivery Indulgence

Our little Princess is due 1.29.14
  • Options

@brideandbreve

Those are absolutely gorgeous photos of your Emmi. I am so very sorry for you loss. She sounded like one amazing little dog <3

sibling love  

• Options
    @ccip82 Thanks, doll. :x
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options
    Name:Venus
    Type: dog
    Breed: boxer
    How long have they been in the family? Since she was 8wks old
    Personality: loving, ocassionsll hyper (she is a boxer after all), and just sweet
    Where do they sleep? Typically her bed in our room, sometimes at the foot of our bed, and when she's cold she paws my side of the bed and I lift the covers and she curls up against my legs and butt.
    Favorite toy/activity: she loves to run and she loves to cuddle
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? She was brought into this family when my SS was 6  and I had an infant nephew. We didn't have to prep her for DS really and she did awesome. I'm sure she will do just fine with this princess. She has been more of a cuddle bug since I've become pregnant. I love it!

ETA name & last question.

Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

• Options
    Name: Lillian "Lilly"
    Type: cat
    Breed: Himalayan
    How long have they been in the family? 3 years
    Personality: She's a bitch! Haha not friendly to most people but she's never scratched anyone... just ignores them mostly. My niece (who is six now) has been picking her up and flipping her over against her will for years, but she just runs away when she gets a chance.
    Where do they sleep? In the winter, she sleeps on me but in the summer she sleeps on her cat tree thing by the window.
    Favorite toy/activity: She has her "baby" which is a stuffed furry orange cat stuffed with beads instead of stuffing.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? When I get the crib and have it set up, I'll put tin foil in it so if she jumps in, she'll hate the tin foil and never do it again! I also play youtube videos of babies crying so she gets used to the sound.
  • Options
    @brideandbreve My sister has 3 cavys (2 Blenheim and a tri color) and they are really sweet dogs. I'm sorry for the loss of your girl. She sounded really special.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Name:  Chloe and Sadie
    Type:  Both dogs
    Breed:  Chloe is a miniature American Eskimo and Sadie is a border collie/shih tzu mix
    Sex:  Females
    How long have they been in the family?  Both since they were about 6 months old
    Personality:  Chloe is fiercely loving and loyal but quite needy.  Sadie acts more like a cat.  She likes to be petted every once in a while but only on her schedule.
    Where do they sleep?  They are kenneled at night.
    Favorite toy/activity:  Chloe likes to go on runs with me.  Sadie would prefer to be by herself chewing on a bone or toy.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?  They are used to it by now and I'm pretty sure they know round #2 is coming.

• Options

Name: Nebraska

Breed: Rhodesian Ridgeback

How long have they been in the family? 7 years

Personality: laid back but energetic

Where do they sleep? She sleeps in her cage which is in her own room.

Favorite toy/activity: doesn't really play with toys, but she loves to run around the yard. And she loves to lay with our oldest son sometimes.

If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?
    She's used to the kids now but we really didn't do much to prepare her for the first. We just let her see and smell all the shower gifts and left her smell a blanket from the hospital. We also showed the baby through our baby gate.

• Options
    I have two furbabies!

Name: Bear & Ernie
    Type: both dogs
    Breed: lab/chow mix, dachshund
    Sex: both male (neutered)
    How long have they been in the family? Bear- 9y9m, Ernie- 5y4m
    Personality: Bear-laid back, mellow, patient. We call him Eeyore the dog. Ernie- the complete opposite of Bear! He is either sleeping or going on full blast. He is sweet, but a complete spaz. We should have named him Napoleon.
    Where do they sleep? They sleep on their dog bed. But they can get in the bed with me (on the dog blanket) after DH gets up for work.
    Favorite toy/activity: Bear- Ernie/eating and getting Ernie. Ernie- unstuffed pig/playing chase around the house and yard.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? We have been not letting them on the furniture as much and just brushing up on commands such as stay, get-in-your-bed, leave it, etc. We let them spend a lot of time in the nursery and smell baby stuff, it is their favorite room now. When baby is born, DH will bring home items so they can get used to the smell of baby. And we will try to do some initial introductions outside. I found this blog post with some really helpful tips!

Here are my furbabies!

**********************************************************************************************************************

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010, TTC#1 since May 2012
    Cycle#1-3 Clomid 50mg + TI= No response
    Cycle#4-5 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1000mg + TI= BFN, but finally ovulation!!!
    Cycle #6 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1500mg + IUI(4/15)= BFP!!! EDD 01/06/2014 <br>

Stella Margaret arrived on December 21, 2013!

imageimage image

• Options
    Name: Kazi
    Breed: Domestic shorthair (i.e. cat mutt)
    Sex:M
    Personality: thinks he's a dog. Super snuggler.
    Where do they sleep? Between DH and I, on top of me, pretty much anywhere he's pleases 
    Favorite toy/activity: riling up the dog, kneeding my belly
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Nothing really

Name: Kami (Kazi & Kami, get it?)
    Breed: Domestic shorthair (i.e. cat mutt)
    Personality: wants love on her own terms, a little bitchy (but not bitey/scratchy), hides from everyone but us
    Where do they sleep? at the foot of the bed or on any remotes, computers, etc. you want to use
    Favorite toy/activity: judging people from afar
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Nothing really

Name: Riley
    Breed: Aussie/hound/bird dog mix? Anyone's guess is as good as another
    How long have they been in the family? 2 years
    Personality: Goofy, very smart, lots of energy
    Where do they sleep? On a dog bed in our bedroom, the sofa when we aren't looking
    Favorite toy/activity: walkies, chasing balls, watching birds and planes
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Solidifying stay command, she does great with the others. Teaching her not to enter nursery until we tell her to. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    Name: Athena & Nemi
    Type: Dogs
    Breed: Pitbulls
    Sex: Females
    How long have they been in the family? Both since 6 weeks old
    Personality: Athena: total cuddler, tried to make out with any and all visitors, total daddy's girl; Nemi: not the smartest dog in the world, only reponds to her sister's name, mommy's girl
    Where do they sleep? In bed, of course
    Favorite toy/activity: Tied up socks or t-shirts
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Both of our dogs are constantly around children, so not much preparation needed

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • Options
    HappyDoc said:

Personality: Athena: total cuddler, tried to make out with any and all visitors, total daddy's girl; Nemi: not the smartest dog in the world, only reponds to her sister's name, mommy's girl

@HappyDoc - This seriously made me lol  :D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    blue_elle

Sadly, it is true. She can be looking directly at you, and if you say her name, she doesn't even flinch. Say her sister's name, and she responds! I don't even know why we both trying to use her name about 8 years.. she is probably thinking, "Dumb human, there is no one here by that name."

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • Options
    Name: Lee Lee
    Type: Dog (woof)
    Breed: Shih tzu, terrier (a.k.a. ugly mutt)
    Sex: jealous bitch (she gets so made when my husband rubs me instead of her)
    How long have they been in the family? A little over a year.
    Personality: She's a sweetheart.  Never barks, total lover.
    Where do they sleep? Between my husband and I (she's also a spoiled bitch!)
    Favorite toy/activity: She loves bones.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? We're not ....

Name:  Sheldon Cooper
    Type: Cat (meow)
    Breed: Half tabby, half lilac point siamese
    Sex: Our little boy
    How long have they been in the family? We've had him since February
    Personality: He's a lover and my stalker.
    Where do they sleep? He sleeps half the night with my daughter, the other half on my belly.
    Favorite toy/activity: He has a kitty tent that he likes pretty good.
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? Not doing anything with him.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    Great idea for a GTKY!!

Name: Scarlett
    Breed: Cockapoo
    How long have they been in the family? Since she was 8 weeks old
    Personality: Amazing. She is such a loving little dog. 
    Where do they sleep? In bed with DH and I
    Favorite toy/activity: Her current favourite is her Kong Air Dog mini tennis-balls. She loves them and hardly goes anywhere without one. She also loves pacifiers though and actually owns a couple lol
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? We don't really need to do much here. My mom owns a daycare and I take her there to play with the kids all of the time (and have since she was first brought home). She loves the kids and is so sweet and gentle with them, I am so excited to see her with our baby!

• Options
    @SarahA918 The tin foil idea is really clever!
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

• Options
    apickett925apickett925 member
    edited September 2013
    Dakota
    Breed: Beagle-Boxer
    How long have they been in the family? Since she was 7 months old
    Personality: Scared of her own shadow, wants to please us, very loving for about 3 minutes then aloof, naive (was attacked once by a dobie, turned around and tried to play with the dog 3 seconds later?!?), gets VERY upset if we put something on one of our other dogs and not her
    Where do they sleep? dog bed next to our bed
    Favorite toy/activity: sleeping or chewing on her antler
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? She's great with kids, grew up with my nephew and usually sleeps with him when he stays here

Danny
    Breed: Beagle-Dachshund-Jack Russell
    How long have they been in the family? Since he was 9 months old
    Personality: lap-dog, faux guard dog--barks like he's going to rip your head off, but really just wants to lick you to death.  Not a fan of dress up. 
    Where do they sleep?either by my feet or over my head on my pillow
    Favorite toy/activity:  obsessed with SQUIRRELS
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so?  He's pretty good with kids when they respect him, but he does get nervous when cornered because he's so little.  Luckily he half lives on the back of our couch or in the bay window, so he can easily get away from a grabby baby.

Toby
    Breed: White Boxer/Pointer - Belgian Malinois 
    How long have they been in the family? Since he was 2 weeks old
    Personality: Momma's boy, biggest moosh, loves everyone, listens fairly well, hates to disappoint 
    Where do they sleep? By my husband's feet or between me & my husband's feet
    Favorite toy/activity: Tennis balls, Frisbees (hasn't quite figured them out, but loves to bat them down out of the air), and red laser pointers.  Loves to swim
    If you're prepping furkid for human kid, how so? He recently spent 2 weeks with my nephew and was great, he's just high energy and still likes to kiss faces no matter how he gets to them.  Loves my neighbor's 2yr old grandson, but wants to tackle him and give kisses :(  

• Options
    @brideandbreve, this whole post was sparked because last night I couldn't stop thinking about my cat Chester, who I had to put to sleep on August 9th, 2011. He wasn't even three yet, but he had a freak accident (I still don't know the cause, and have never forgiven myself for letting something happen to him) and I couldn't afford the $3,000 vet bill. I'd never cried so hard in my life. I still miss him more than any human I've lost in my life -- I know that's kind of sad.

Anyways, I'm very sorry for your loss. Emmi sounds as though she had an amazing life with you. I understand how hard it is to lose a pet that was so special and unique.

imageimage

• Options
    Name: Milo/Pepa

Type: puppycat/ kittydog

Breed: jack mix/ exotic shorthair

How long has he been in the family: Milo with me seven years. With my husband and me about five. He is absolutely in love with my husband and follows him everywhere!
    Pepa: with me eight and 5 with hubby

Personality:MILO complex: bigger than life! Eyes of an old soul! Iguana hunter! Napoleon complexor, gate keeper, thunder and raindrops are his cryptonite, lover of hiking swimming and fetch. Part naked mole rat and borrouging under the covers at night! Litter box theif, Academy award winner for guiltiest dog in the world. . Has on ongoing rivallylove affair with the cat. Lover, fighter, kisser, dreamer.... Space cowboy! Emotional issues;)

PEPA: princess, higher superpower. Singer, conversationalist, cuddler, scorpion hunter, dog tamer, window sentinel, bathroom invader, lover, dog torturer, feed me now my bowl is only half full and if something doesn't happen soon I will surely starve to death preecher! Copper eye zen master

Where does he sleep:
    MILO:in the bed, under the bed. In the closet on my shoes. Behind the toilet when it's raining. With the cat
    PEPA: on my belleah, behind my legs or the closest thing resembling a throne.

Favorite toy:MILO sharky, car rides,
    swimming, hiking, and fetch
    PEPA: the dog

Prep for baby: Jedi training will begin shortly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"