Indiana Babies
Options

Weekly Check-In

Happy Labor Day!

1.  How are you?
2.  Weekend highlight / lowlight?
3.  What are you looking forward to this week?
4.  Are you happy or sad that summer is coming to a close?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Weekly Check-In

• Options
    daisy91606daisy91606 member
    edited September 2013

Hi ladies! It's been a while!

1. Feeling great. I'm 37 weeks 5 days pregnant and have a 2 year old so VERY tired too. Also frustrated by the fact that I can't seem to get my ticker or avatar to change.

2. My highlight is getting 3 days off. My lowlight was spending 6 hours trying to help my grandmother clean out her apartment so she can move back in. She's an extreme packrat and she HAS to touch everything before we donate or throw it away. She had a stroke and she's been in a rehab center so we are trying to clean the place out so she can move back in. Very frustrating.

3. I'm looking forward to my appointment tomorrow and Friday because I am ready for this baby to be out and being on leave.

4. I'm kinda happy that summer is coming to an end. The heat and humidity have really sucked this year.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    1.  How are you? Doing well!

DH & I went to a wedding Saturday night. Grandma & Grandpa came to babysit Lucas so I knew he was in good hands. It was great to get out just the two of us for the first time since he was born. Lowlight - we got very little sleep Sunday night so I felt like a zombie all day yesterday. Thankfully last night was much better.

3.  What are you looking forward to this week? Not much going on this week. Lucas has his two month appointment on Friday, but I can't really say I'm looking forward to it since he gets shots : (

4.  Are you happy or sad that summer is coming to a close? Neither one really. I love summer but with Lucas being born this one just kind of passed us by. I love fall too so I'm pretty much happy any time of the year except the dead of winter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1.  How are you?
    Overall, pretty good.

Worked 10 hour days all weekend, so that was pretty much the lowlight.  The little bit I got to spend with my boys was the highlight.

3.  What are you looking forward to this week?
    Going to check out the new Playscape at the Children's Museum tonight since it is the only time we can go as a full family this month and we both want to be there for their 1st time in there.

4.  Are you happy or sad that summer is coming to a close?
    Both.  I'm over the 90 degree days and the crowds at the zoo and children's museum during my days off and fall brings football, but it gives us more options of things to do than winter does.
  • Options
    1.  Great!

2.  We went down to my IL's new place in southern Indiana so DH could help his dad with some projects.  Lowlight - feeling like our parenting was really being judged.

3.  Nothing too special going on.  But it's been a good week so far!

4.  I'm a little sad.  I love going to the pool and I'm sad that they all close automatically on Labor Day.  I am looking forward to fall activities like taking Eli to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch, and the return of fall foods & beverages, but I don't like the thought of cold weather.  I'm honestly terrified of winter and what I going to do with two small children when I can't just throw open the back door and say, "let's go play outside."  
  • Options
    bepandnick - I feel you on the heartburn!  I have bottles of TUMS all over the house, in the car, in the diaper bag...it's a little ridiculous.  How is your MIL doing?

cesmiley - job hunting is never fun, especially when it means being away from Vi.  What did you do before she was born?  Is going back to that not an option?

coltsdad - How was Playscape?  I'm looking forward to checking it out!

jfresh - I hope you are feeling better!  Mastitis blows.  I had it last fall and I wanted to die.
  • Options

1. Feeling better than the last two weeks (14w2d now).

2. Highlight - not having to work Monday. Lowlight - H worked a lot this week and now I work all weekend. I can't get my ticker to work either!

3. I am looking forward the having Sunday off and getting my nightmere of a day tomorrow over with. Pregnant woman in the heat all day is no good.

4. I am getting happy summer is at the end. Love warm drinks at Starbucks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is very nice, but when we went, very crowded.  You cannot bring a stroller in, which makes things interesting if you have an older child and an infant.  Water table needs a safer flooring option, LO slipped on the floor... they have some mats down, but they don't cover every square inch... it is a water table, water is going to get on the floor... should have thought ahead.  Overall, very nice place... better than the old one, though maybe a few less individual stations (though some of the old stations weren't that great), but the stations they do have are pretty cool.  The natural light, diaper changing station and 2 bathrooms inside Playscape so you don't have to leave to go to the bathroom are very nice touches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"