March 2014 Moms
Options

Telling names before birth?

2»

Re: Telling names before birth?

• Options
    We are team green and will not share the names. I won't share even what we are considering. Like PP said I don't want to here the opinions of others.
    DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • Options
    Girl: We've chosen Jessie (after hubby) (middle name) Elena after my beautiful mom.
    Elena is the best name! (Actually it's my name...)
    :-h
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are not telling anyone. We are also team green so everybody will have lots of surprises when the baby gets here. :)
    Exactly this.  We didn't tell anyone anything with DD and it was awesome.  Made the whole birth experience that much more special :)
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Although we're 95% sure which names we'd use, there's a small chance we might change our minds before then. Also, although I'd be annoyed to hear people's unsolicited opinions on our names, I really don't give that much of a shit... so that's not a huge factor for me.
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Unplanned pregnancy July 2005; EDD 3/27/06; birthdaughter born 3/15/06 (38w2d) (placed for adoption).
    TTC since December 2012, BFP 6/25/13. EDD 3/2/14. Baby Elias born 2/21/14 (38w5d)!
  • Options
    We tell anyone that asks. I really don't give a crap what anyone thinks. I already know my mom doesn't like our top boy name (Asher) and thats fine, its not her kid. With DS we were positive on what his name would be, we had it picked out for 5+ years. Yet when I told people what his name would be I would say "we're having a boy and his name will probably be this." I knew there was always the very slight chance I would change my mind at the last minute so the "probably" was the open door to changing my mind if I wanted to. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I wish we hadn't told anybody..not because they dislike the name but because I think it would've been a fun surprise. I think we will try to keep the name for baby x under wraps this time. I think H could do it but I'm the one that will spill the beans.
  • Options
    I did change my mind at the last minute last time. I actually picked my dads name as the first name and a very unusual middle name. A week before I have birth my mum and dad separated! I felt I could no longer use my dads name as it would be like picking a "side" (not that it was like that) and I couldn't have my mum call her new grandson by her ex husbands name! I was actually really annoyed with my dad cos he ruined our name!!! Anyway, we did a flip and now my son has a very unusual name (zephyr) and my dads name as a middle name.
  • Options
    TradeMama said:

I told my SIL my name for a girl when we were TTC and she totally stole it. My niece is Elizabeth... Nn "Libby". My mom's mn is Elizabeth, and SIL doesn't even like her. I was pretty irritated.

Ha! Sounds just like my SIL. She asked us if we had any baby names picked when we told her we were planning on having a baby. We told her we were planning on using DH's mn as our LO's mn if its a boy. She totally just stole it and named her son his mn. Ugh!
  • Options
    I would never tell. Partly because certain family members wouldn't hesitate to steal my names. Partly because I would like at least some surprise when baby comes. And partly because I like to see the baby before making a final name decision. Also, my family is extremely critical and opinionated when it comes to names. Weeks after my son was born my grandma was STILL telling me how she didn't like his name. I don't wanna hear that throughout the pregnancy too.
  • Options
    We are team green, but have both names picked out already. Not sure if we'll share or not we've got a very opinionated bunch.
  • Options
    We knew that DS was a boy but I still couldn't pick his name until 30 min before we left the hospital...and that was only because they wouldn't let me leave without naming him.

Since we are team green with twins this time around we should be finalizing the names around their first birthday...I'm just slightly indecisive
    :\">

to answer the OP question, nope we won't be telling any names before hand.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Family already knows our girl name because its after my mom's family name since she is no longer with us but our boy name will be kept secret. It took us too long to find the perfect one and nobody is gonna steal it from us!
  • Options
    Once we decided what the name was 100%, we told. I like monogrammed & personalized things so it allows for that...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"