VBAC
Options

2nd VBAC! Success!

I"m 11 days postpartum with my beautiful DD Cecilia.  She is just perfect.  Had another successful VBAC - just perfect.  I had a doula and we stayed home as long as possible - which surprisingly ended up being only 10 minutes in the hospital to push.  

We hadn't planned it that way - I'd been contracting mildly for about 10 hours Sunday morning - around 5pm I called our sitter and the doula to come for 7pm - but still not 100% sure it was all happening that night.  Once they got here to the house - my mind must have relaxed and all of a sudden ctx picked up big time.  They ramped up and we worked through each with the yoga ball or swaying,etc.  Then those got to be almost unbearable - so the doula got me in the tub - AMAZING!  I really never believed it could work that well.  My DH poured warm water over my belly for 2 hours.  Then those ctx started being too much - and was turning into back labor - (still fully 5 minutes apart but strong!) - so the doula predicted my baby had turned sunny side up - she got me out of the tub, had me lie on my side on the bed and jiggled my hips and FLOOP the baby turned - SUPER AMAZING! She also had predicted that once she did this hip jiggle thing - this baby would come on out.  Well after the hip jiggle thing - I was on my hands and knees on my bed, saying it was all just too much -and I wanted the hospital/epidural. So off we went to the hospital (she knew I was probably very close to complete).  What do you know - water breaks in the driveway.  We live close to the hospital - so we were there in no time - water gushes more w each ctx - and then huge gush in hospital lobby (yuck!) then crazy ride in a wheelchair to L&D - got out of the chair - and all the rest of my waters break - flooding the floor (shoes were a goner) - got onto bed - start pushing  - 3 pushes later out pops Cecilia!  9 lbs, 2oz at 39w 3d

No time for a heplock, or any other interventions.  Loved that! 

Good luck to all you ladies - I highly recommend staying home as long as possible and get in the tub!  

Re: 2nd VBAC! Success!

• Options
    Congratulations!!!!
    Emmerson 3/23/10 Asher 2/7/12 Baby boy due 10/17/13
  • Options
    Wow.Amazing! Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fantastic! I just had my second VBAC too, two weeks ago, 15 min after getting to the L&D room. It was wild but awesome! Well done!
  • Options
    Love this story and congrats!

We are trying for a VBAC Water birth (at the very least, labor in the tub) this time around.  I'd like to labor at hope a bit, but we live 40 min from the hospital and they have a tub there. I hope I have a successful story like yours!
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"