Secondary IF
Options

CD11 Monitoring

I had my CD11 appt today after taking 50 clomid day 3-7 and they found 4 follicles on my left ovary, 0 on the right (which is good since I only have a left tube). The sizes were 13.6, 18.5, 19.5, and 17.3 and lining was 7.5. The monitoring dr told us I responded almost too well, and we are at the point where it isn't too many for them to cancel us but we have to decide if we want to go ahead with this IUI cycle. He said we would have ~30% chance of multiples: ~25% twins, ~5% triplets, ~1% quads. There of course is a chance of not getting pregnant at all, but if it did work the chance of multiple seems high. I am waiting for a call from my dr with the bloodwork results and his thoughts. Anyone else have this situation or opinions on what you would do? We are having a hard time deciding.

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: CD11 Monitoring

• Options
    Are you male factor IF at all?

If yes- then I would go ahead and chance it. Simply because there are more targets for the sperm to hit. We had 2 eggs and 3 million sperm and our IUIs didn't take...

I don't know...Don't you have risk of multiples with IVF as well? (I'm not well versed on IVF so pardon my ignorance)

I was always inclined to risk it because I felt like it upped our chances of at least ONE working BUT the decision is a personal one.

Best of luck with whatever you decide!

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options
    I don't have any experience, but I would go for it if your doctor is ok with it.  He would know best, but if he was to put it on me, I would do it.  There is just a chance it will be multiples but still a chance of one. Go with what you feel is best for you! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the replies!These decisions are a really hard part about IF. My doctor just called back and he actually said he would recommend cancelling so I guess that is what we are going to do. There is a good chance it wouldn't work at all, but he still thinks the risk is too high. I would be ok with 2, but the thought of 3 or 4 scares me especially since I had a lot of early contractions with DS. I worry about what I would miss with him if I got put on bed rest or anything in the next pregnancy. It is really disappointing but we do have a plan for next time to do 25 clomid instead of 50 and hope for just 1 or 2 mature follicles.

Now I have to figure out how to keep busy until the next cycle!

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think your decision was wise given the circumstances you described. Best of luck for the next go around!

I know unwanted breaks stink but I would take the time to relax and/or prepare for the next go around! :)

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"