VBAC

how far apart are your LOs?

HOw far apart are your LOs if you had a VBAC? we just had an unplanned C-Section in June and we aren't TTC now but we don't want our LOs to be too far apart. I am worried about not being able to have a VBAC if they are too close.

What is your experience?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how far apart are your LOs?

• Mine are 2 years and 10 days apart.  I got pregnant when DD#1 was 15 months old and went on to have a successful VBAC with no issues.  I think rule of thumb is they say to try and have 18 months between deliveries if you are going for a VBAC.  I really like the spacing too.  DD#1 was old enough to kind of know what was going on, but didn't really care that she had a sister too....no jealousy issues until she was a bit older and her sister started getting into her stuff.
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• skioskio member
    Ask your OB if they have a preference or requirement. Mine wanted 18 months to 2 years between deliveries, which was fine with me, because we wanted our kids 2-2.5y apart anyway.

My VBAC baby was born 27m after my c/s.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB also wanted at least 18 months between deliveries.  My DS was born 22 months after my DD. I am liking the spacing so far.  DD is able to help out a little and she didn't seem to mind when we brought DS home.  My SIL had her 2 kids 17 months apart and that was hard on her in the beginning because her older DS was still pretty much a baby himself and then she had a newborn to take care of also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My kids are 22 months apart. I had two miscarriages between them though, and my ob was completely vbac supportive with what would have been my original birth interval of 16 mints. I would find out your providers preference. While, IMO and experience, it is safe to vbac with less than 24 months in between, you may have a difficult time finding a provide who agrees.
  • my son is 6

so lots of time here
    Due 9/18/2013 after 3+ years of trying
    Expecting a GIRL!!!
    Big Brother is also a September BABY - 9/24/06
  • Almost 22 months
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 2 years and 7 months apart.

• Mine were also 22 months apart. I think they wanted at least 18 months apart.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 23 months between my cs baby and my first VBAC, and 28 months between my first and second VBAC.
  • Mine will be 3 years and 2 months.  While researching, the recommendations I found were not to conceive for 24 months, but this is conservative.  I think it depends on your ob, what occurred during your first pregnancy and the shape you are in now.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"