August 2012 Moms
Options

Friday, Friday, Gettin' Down on Friday !!!

Everybody looking forward to the weekend......

Except me !!!

I have over 50 people coming to my house for the birthday party Saturday. I did not send out invitations or ask anyone to RSVP.

I'm a stupid woman....

p.s. My real FFFC is that no one really cares about your UO. Again I say, you're not as important as you think you are.

p.s.s. I miss BDL :( Come back from Planet Lurkdom to Cricket Bumpie Land !!!

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Friday, Friday, Gettin' Down on Friday !!!

• Options
    Not stupid just unaware of the magnitude the party would become.

As of yet, I have no real confessions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My confession is that despite always being the voice of reason when people start freaking out about leaving their kid....I'm starting to freak out about leaving my kid.

We've booked our trip to Puerto Rico for 6 days (TR-Tues). The in laws are coming up to watch Nolan. He'll go to daycare on the weekdays. He's only met them a handful of times. We're leaving so early in the morning that we can't say goodbye.  I really hope that we can enjoy the trip without me being sad the whole time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't had any cigarettes since we decided we would try to conceive, so about a month before I got pregnant with Kate. Before then, I was smoking about two a day. I just couldn't give up those two. I have been so stressed lately with this move that I had my husband steal two from my MIL's pack and I had them the other night after Kate went to bed. I smoked them outside, came in and showered and brushed my teeth twice and gargled. I felt extremely guilty but those were the best two cigarettes of my life.
  • Options
    This one really makes me an asshole, so buckle up...

I don't actually love one of my grandmothers. She's a ridiculous liar and AW who has taken advantage of the fact that my parents are the only family she has who are willing to help her out in her old age (upper 80's). I hate that my sweet IL's have fallen for her "woe is me" act. My grandpa, on the other hand, was one of the most amazing and wonderful people in the whole world. 

I don't WISH this on her at all, but the fact that the Alzheimers took HIM away from us (mentally, he's still alive) so many years ago seems like a horrible joke. He was a kind, hard working, selfless man, and now he's the one incapable of speech and even the most basic interaction while she has only ever thought of herself and she's doing just fine. I know that diseases are impersonal, and don't adhere to some law of cosmic justice, but it's still shitty and it makes me sad. I invited her to Baby Aggie's birthday party because it's not worth the hassle of dealing with NOT inviting her, but the thought of dealing with her histrionics and listening to her go on and on and on about every imagined problem and ailment she has...is exhausting. Ugh.

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AutumnLeaves2AutumnLeaves2 member
    edited August 2013

I don't actually love one of my grandmothers. She's a ridiculous liar and AW who has taken advantage of the fact that my parents are the only family she has who are willing to help her out in her old age (upper 80's). I hate that my sweet IL's have fallen for her "woe is me" act. My grandpa, on the other hand, was one of the most amazing and wonderful people in the whole world. 

I don't WISH this on her at all, but the fact that the Alzheimers took HIM away from us (mentally, he's still alive) so many years ago seems like a horrible joke. He was a kind, hard working, selfless man, and now he's the one incapable of speech and even the most basic interaction while she has only ever thought of herself and she's doing just fine. I know that diseases are impersonal, and don't adhere to some law of cosmic justice, but it's still shitty and it makes me sad. I invited her to Baby Aggie's birthday party because it's not worth the hassle of dealing with NOT inviting her, but the thought of dealing with her histrionics and listening to her go on and on and on about every imagined problem and ailment she has...is exhausting. Ugh.
    I don't love my grandmother from my dad's side of the family. She is a selfish woman who told him throughout the course of his life that he was worthless and wouldn't amount to anything.
    Then day before he died, he asked her if he could borrow $10,000 to save our house (they are extremely wealthy...they have a house in both Massachusetts and Florida, etc.)
    She said no.
    At his funeral, she pulled me aside and I thought she was going to offer her condolences. Instead she said "your dad had us consign on a student loan for you and I'm not about to shell out 6 grand when that goes into default so you have to call your school like...yesterday."

She also stopped giving me and my siblings birthday money because she wanted to start saving up for her 3rd house and needed to make some cuts.

All of the other grand kids still get gifts.

• Options
    BPaws said:
    I haven't had any cigarettes since we decided we would try to conceive, so about a month before I got pregnant with Kate. Before then, I was smoking about two a day. I just couldn't give up those two. I have been so stressed lately with this move that I had my husband steal two from my MIL's pack and I had them the other night after Kate went to bed. I smoked them outside, came in and showered and brushed my teeth twice and gargled. I felt extremely guilty but those were the best two cigarettes of my life.
    No flames! I'm absolutely jealous. I've not had a cigarette since we started talking about TTC (and honestly, I'm happy with that!) but I think about it ALL the time lately!
    Ugh, I'm jealous.  I haven't had a cig since November 2008.  Sometimes when people walk by after they've been smoking, I'll follow the smoke trail with my nose because it smells so delicious.
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • Options

I don't love my grandmother from my dad's side of the family. She is a selfish woman who told him throughout the course of his life that he was worthless and wouldn't amount to anything. Then day before he died, he asked her if he could borrow $10,000 to save our house (they are extremely wealthy...they have a house in both Massachusetts and Florida, etc.) She said no. At his funeral, she pulled me aside and I thought she was going to offer her condolences. Instead she said "your dad had us consign on a student loan for you and I'm not about to shell out 6 grand when that goes into default so you have to call your school like...yesterday." She also stopped giving me and my siblings birthday money because she wanted to start saving up for her 3rd house and needed to make some cuts. All of the other grand kids still get gifts.
    I'm so sorry @Lgamache90...this made my jaw drop.  What a heartless bitch.
  • Options
    @aggiedaner, I don't think it makes you an asshole at all.  I don't like one of my aunts because she's a straight-up bitch.  We aren't required to like people just because they are family.
  • Options
    @Lgamache90, that bitch needs to be CUT.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    I hate belonging to a union and I'm opting out of it the second I get the paper in the mail.

I pay tons of money and they never do shit for me. They also never tell us anything. We're in negotiations and anytime I ask a steward they say, "We're working on it." I pay you $80 a month...care to tell me what you're working on? Oh, a 2% raise in exchange for taking away our personal time and allowing our managers to schedule us full-time hours? SUCK IT.
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    Here's another one. At the last swap I picked up one of those backpack (monkey) harness/leash things. No idea if I'll ever use it, but if the need arises...
  • Options
    My grandma hasn't been the nicest person either.  She's always been bitter and never happy for anyone.  Not her 9 kids or her 50 grandkids.  My mom told me when they would tell her they were pregnant she would say "Again?"  Now she's bed ridden and my family in Houston (where she lives) take turns taking care of her, but it seems none of them are happy to do it.  Or rather, they don't find joy in it, KWIM? When someone has been an amazing person your whole life and you get the opportunity to pay it back, you find joy in it.  When I grew up, I no longer made trips out there.  Mostly because our trips are always out to San Diego to visit the IL's.  But I don't even have the desire to call her up because she won't talk much.  She says "Hi, yes, no, bye".  I called her a couple months ago when i knew she wasn't doing well and she was in the hospital and I told her "you must be going crazy being in bed in the same room all the time, I know I would be." and she snapped "I'm not crazy." In a bitter tone like I was accusing her of something.  I was like "ok well bye".  I feel like I'm not conveying enough how much of a nice person she isn't.  But these are the examples that come to mind.  Anyway, I feel bad that I don't feel bad enough.  Like I don't wish death on her, but when she passes I can't see myself bawling over it. 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    Becc77 said:

Another mama here that quit when TTC, so I haven't had one in about 2 years... my mom is visiting this week and smokes... I've been tempted but somehow managed not to do it yet. I'm worried I'll give in before she goes!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm so tired of this party planning, that I'm just going to buy cookies for W's party instead of making them. I'm making his smash cake, and helping my Memaw make cupcakes, and everything else, I just don't have the energy to make cookies for 20 people.
  • Options
    I am not super crazy about watching what DS does. I'm not there ever second he falls or bumps into things. I know when he actually gets hurt on things but I don't hover around him and put invisible bubble wrap on him so he won't get hurt. In my mind, since he's a boy, he's going to always get into things and cause trouble. If I try an prevent him from exploring like this we are going to have an awful relationship because I'm always telling him no. I feel he has to experience things for himself and if it hurts him he has to understand why instead of me just trying to tell him. I think my mom judges me because I'm not always there pulling him off things and redirecting him.

FFFC #2: I have never watched RHONJ, gossip girl, Desperate Housewives, the Bachelor/ette, Jersey Shore, or Sex and the City. Oh and Grey's I only watched for 2 seasons.
  • Options
    Oh, #3 FFC...I haven't MADE anything for Nolan's bday. Not the cake, not a highchair decoration...nothing. Bought it all premade. And...I'm relatively stress free. :)

• Options
    We haven't baby-proofed anything at all in our house.

• Options

I don't love my grandmother from my dad's side of the family. She is a selfish woman who told him throughout the course of his life that he was worthless and wouldn't amount to anything.
    Then day before he died, he asked her if he could borrow $10,000 to save our house (they are extremely wealthy...they have a house in both Massachusetts and Florida, etc.)
    She said no.
    At his funeral, she pulled me aside and I thought she was going to offer her condolences. Instead she said "your dad had us consign on a student loan for you and I'm not about to shell out 6 grand when that goes into default so you have to call your school like...yesterday."

She also stopped giving me and my siblings birthday money because she wanted to start saving up for her 3rd house and needed to make some cuts.

All of the other grand kids still get gifts.

Holy crap. You guys have some shitty grandmas. Makes mine look like an angel. I'm sorry they're such mean people!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I very rarely have a FFFC. But today I have 2! Er, that is to say HAD two. I thought of my second one last night as I was falling asleep. But of course I forgot it.

I need to preface my FFFC that I know that many of you have struggled with IF. Please don't take my confession as me trying to make light of any of your situations. But I guess that's why this is an FFFC.

My sister and her H lead this weird, alternative medicine sort of life and tend to be a bit preachy to and judgey of those who don't. They read a lot of stuff by Dr. Mercola, who I honestly think is a quack. I've mentioned here before that they don't want to vaccinate their kids. She doesn't wear sunscreen at all, not even the mineral based ones. She doesn't believe in taking medication, just vitamins. They buy raw milk and don't eat any soy whatsoever. They think their way is best and that everything the masses do is far inferior to what they're doing for their own health. She's also extremely thin, like her body is concave, with no body fat. She needs to eat a few buttery cookies and gooey cheeseburgers. Clearly, I'm definitely more of an "everything in moderation" kind of girl.

They are probably going to TTC soon. They're talking about it. I kind of hope they have a little trouble getting pg, just so they might see that their extreme way of doing things doesn't mean that it's better than anyone else's. 

Though if they do have trouble, they could be like me and end up conceiving using acupuncture and Chinese herbs, and it would only reinforce their views :)  I had never done those things before, but now I'm a big believer in alternative medicine.  Obviously it doesn't work for all issues or all people, but it definitely made a difference for me.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    Ajm11 said:
    Oh, #3 FFC...I haven't MADE anything for Nolan's bday. Not the cake, not a highchair decoration...nothing. Bought it all premade. And...I'm relatively stress free. :)

I made C's smash cake, but only because I already had a cake mold to go with our theme. Also, it was cheap. Everything else was store bought, and the meal was catered. I'm not going to let Pinterest make me feel like a bad mom, lol. Do it the stress free way! :)
    I was going to make the smash cake, but his big cake came with one so...Yeah...not turning down free cake. We're grilling hot dogs and hamburgers for the party.
  • Options
    I just had to google how to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

In my defense, I hate them, so I never make them, but I thought it'd try something new for G. He hated it. We resorted to a bowl of Cheerios instead.
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this one but I just reminded myself of it while I was talking to my student worker (former USAF):

I hope that as he grows up, DS shows no interest in joining the military. If there is a war going on and he joins and gets deployed I think I would lose it. I would probably go insane and/or kill myself if he were to die while enlisted.

I hope to God that my view on this changes as he gets older because I have a lot if extended family and friends who are in the military and I appreciate what they and the rest of the military do for my country. I would love to be proud of DS's choice if he joined instead of feeling scared and selfish about it. But right now, nope, never gonna happen. I won't allow it.
  • Options

In my defense, I hate them, so I never make them, but I thought it'd try something new for G. He hated it. We resorted to a bowl of Cheerios instead.
    I don't know how to make it.  Do you just butter both sides of bread, slap a piece of cheese in the middle, and put it in a hot, buttery pan?
  • Options

I don't know how to make it.  Do you just butter both sides of bread, slap a piece of cheese in the middle, and put it in a hot, buttery pan?

I find this funny. I've been making grilled cheese sandwiches since I was 10.

• Options

We haven't baby-proofed anything at all in our house.

We child proofed. And by child proofed I mean, shut the bathroom door and move cleaning stuff in the kitchen to higher cabinets.

• Options

Well, when I was 10 I was watching Saved By the Bell, woman!  You need to watch ALL EPISODES! ;)
  • Options

Well, when I was 10 I was watching Saved By the Bell, woman!  You need to watch ALL EPISODES! ;)

Touché ;)
  • Options
    I left the water jug empty in the water dispenser at work.  Totally flame worthy in my book, bc I'm an @$$ when it comes to calling others out on that.  But I had on a rather tight fitted skirt suit with heels on and didn't want to rip anything rendering me indisposed... (worthy enough excuse, right?)
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• Options

Yep, that's pretty much it. My kid loves 'em!
  • Options
    Uh, yeah, @Medhp00. I need to know this site. I really love other people's drama.
  • Options
    I'm finally getting my last name changed professionally.  Makes me kinda sad.  I've been married 3 years but held on to my maiden name as long as possible.  "SHE" was the one with the degree.  Now I feel kinda like I'm betraying her.  DH will be thrilled though.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if having 4 days off with SO is going to be good, or bad for us. I love him, but I can't spend that much time with anyone at once.
  • Options
    @Medhp00 - I posted that site in response to BBJ's work drama. You can search certain states! I found one in my hometown but didn't know her.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    I hate belonging to a union and I'm opting out of it the second I get the paper in the mail.

I pay tons of money and they never do shit for me. They also never tell us anything. We're in negotiations and anytime I ask a steward they say, "We're working on it." I pay you $80 a month...care to tell me what you're working on? Oh, a 2% raise in exchange for taking away our personal time and allowing our managers to schedule us full-time hours? SUCK IT.

I am opting out now that I can, too. I was just fine in Florida for six years with no union representation. I disagree with many things our union advocates for, so I'm happy to have an out. I didn't sign up for the new dues system. I just need to send a certified letter to our union and the district.
  • Options
    Cutting trees - I'm part of the union because special education teachers are the most likely to get sued out of any other teacher in the district.  You'd be amazed at what parents have threatened to sue over.

DS's birthday party is tomorrow and my heart is just not in it.  I didn't do anything special.  Bought 95% of the stuff vs making it.  He has an outfit to match the party.  I'm wearing something I already own.  I think if DH were here it would be different.

• Options
    Manda-Kay said:

Cutting trees - I'm part of the union because special education teachers are the most likely to get sued out of any other teacher in the district.  You'd be amazed at what parents have threatened to sue over.

DS's birthday party is tomorrow and my heart is just not in it.  I didn't do anything special.  Bought 95% of the stuff vs making it.  He has an outfit to match the party.  I'm wearing something I already own.  I think if DH were here it would be different.

Aw. I'm sorry :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"