March 2015 Moms
Options

*~*~*~*~*Plus Size Check-In*~*~*~*~*

Hello, BBPs (big beautiful preggers)!!!

How is everyone feeling?  Any updates on tummy growth and/or maternity shopping?  Feel like showing off your bumps (whether they're B or D)?

QOTW: What is the funniest movie you've ever seen?  Bonus points if you describe the scene that makes you laugh until you cry.

Re: *~*~*~*~*Plus Size Check-In*~*~*~*~*

• Options

I'm still hungry as ever (sorry if y'all are getting sick of hearing about it, but it's just crazy to me still).  My lower stomach is pooching out so I had to buy maternity pants this weekend.  No regrets.  I look like I'm wearing real jeans/khakis, but the gloriously stretchy waistband pulled up under my boobs feels *amazing* compared to my restricting zippers and buttons.  Last week when I took my pants off I'd have a line on my stomach from my zipper and an indent where my button was pushing against my skin all day.  Now I'm sitting at my desk feeling like I'm in my PJs and happy as a clam :)

I got my pants at Motherhood Maternity.  Size 2X, and they fit great for my normal 22/24 pant size.  Got some 2X panties too, and they're awesome.

I'm probably going to buy maternity shirts from Kohl's online when I get a coupon again.  They have a nice enough selection with classy shirts.  I'm resisting for a while because I don't want to "look" pregnant yet, you know?  I'm not in denial or anything, I'm super excited about being pregnant... I just don't want questions or comments.  They're inevitable, but if I could have a few more weeks' worth of peace that would be lovely.

QOTW: For me it's a tie between the Hangover and Bridesmaids.  The scene that always gets me is the wolf pack speech - hilarious.  And in Bridesmaids I always crack up during the dress shopping when everyone gets sick.  Melissa McCarthy is probably one of the funniest actresses out there.

• Options
    I'm feeling pretty gross this week. Run down and really tired, not sleeping great despite my snoogle. Frustrated with DH who is having a problem with his leg and is being very Henny Penny about it (the sky is falling! I'm dying! They'll have to cut it off!). I'm also jealous because a co-worker is a few weeks more pregnant than I am, and she's thin and has this perfectly adorable bump and I have this hideous B-belly and look and feel like a beached whale. My self-esteem is not high right now. Sigh. 17 weeks today and my giddiness seems to be wearing down into stress. I'm pretty sure I'm getting sick, which accounts for my mood swing. So I'll just weather the storm for now and be optimistic and happy again in a week or two.

QOTW: this is really hard! I prefer horror to comedies, lol. But a favorite comedy of mine is Unicorn City. It's a fairly obscure geek film about a guy who tries to set up a LARPing utopia as part of a job interview. I adore it. Also, Guardians of the Galaxy. All my laughs and cries. That one I will be purchasing when I can.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@Whitfry - have you tried Unisom at all?  It really helps me fall asleep when I need it.  I was stressed out last night and worried I wouldn't sleep well so I took a tablespoon of it before I went to bed and I slept like a rock all the way until my alarm went off.

I hear ya on the cute baby bump envy.  But then a part of me is kind of happy I look like one of my fat rolls is increasing in size so I don't have to answer any questions.  Thinner girls have a hard time keeping pregnancies under wraps.  For whatever reason, I'm averse to people knowing I'm pregnant.  Probably because I've gotten some strange reactions.  Yesterday I told my former boss, who I thought would be happy for me.  Her response was "You know, when I really think about it, I truly regret becoming a mother."

Um... Thanks?

Just not looking forward to other gems like that.  If all you can say is something negative or scary, I'd rather you not say anything at all.

• Options

Nausea/fickle appetite is still here. Cannot eat too much in one sitting or it wreaks havoc on me. Feel like I have more energy this week though (13w 4d). Still feel my insides stretching like crazy, but I think I'm just going to be a bit sore the whole pregnancy. I'm short, 5'2, with a short torso, and normally a size 14/16 with big boobs (38DD), so there's really no room for baby to go but out. Also think the scar tissue from my endo surgeries is getting angry.

My mom got me some maternity clothes this week. My regular pants are not buttoning comfortably. I can tell I've popped a bit but it's really just seems like an exaggerated muffin top. :-S 

Its so hard to pick a top funny, but I seem to always find something new to giggle at in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I pretty much know every line by now. Also love Step Brothers, Brisdesmaids, etc. 

• Options
    I am HUGE! I've been in maternity clothes for 3 weeks now and I just keep getting bigger. I'm beginning to worry cuz I'm getting such a big bump so quick. I'm only 13w5d and I'm this big? Let's hope I don't have another 9lb baby lol.

I'm showing it off cuz if I don't reveal the bump, I just look frumpy and fat, it's annoying :(

***funniest movie I've seen recently would be identity thief. That woman is just hilarious. The way she rocks her Afro red hair cracks me up. I like when she's in the car riding with the guy back to the Feds and to shut her up he plays the radio to drown out the sound of her voice, and she just sings, she knows every song and she just bellars the songs. Laughed my arss off.

Attached pic of my large belly growth just in case someone wants to show me their matching size and put my mind at ease ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo‌

I do take unisom every night. I've got chronic insomnia, though, and before my BFP I was taking a combination of both unisom and trazadone, in big doses.

I did great sleeping during first tri, since I was tired all the time anyways. Then I struggled, but was given a snoogle which helped immensely. But lately even that isn't helping.

Melatonin doesn't properly effect me, I'm allergic to valerian root, I got rid of my weed when I got my BFP because I won't use it while pregnant, and it's raining here so sunshine during the day isn't even an option. I will talk to my doc on Thursday, but I don't want to start something stronger like ambien unless I really have to (In the past my insomnia has been so bad I had extreme hallucinations).

Honestly, I think the big problem right now is that my body aches, which makes it hard to sleep. I need to suck it up and hit the gym every day, that would be the best way to help myself at this point.
  • Options
    How is everyone feeling? Any updates on tummy growth and/or maternity shopping? Feel like showing off your bumps (whether they're B or D)?
    I'm surviving. Still with the nausea and the headaches and the RLP. I'm feeling pretting big but I've been told that it's all in my head ;)

QOTW: What is the funniest movie you've ever seen? Bonus points if you describe the scene that makes you laugh until you cry.
    The scene in Knocked Up when the guys did mushrooms. That whole thing.
  • Options

@Whitfry - Dude... that really sucks :( I have no advice but I hope you find some peace from your insomnia soon.  That must be torture.

Can you take Ambien when you're pregnant?  I remember my former boss used to take it and she'd send me funny e-mails at around midnight or so and not remember.  It was kind of hilarious.

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo‌
    I believe ambien is safe, but it's also highly addictive. I used to take it until I built a tolerance and needed more than I was comfortable taking. So I'll ask the doc on Thursday and go from there.
  • Options
    Nothing new. I feel like my bump might be a little less bloated, and more baby now. 

Got the 2nd round of the sequential screen blood draw yesterday, my next OB appt. is 10/09 (my 3rd anniversary) and 10/21 is the anatomy scan (team green!!). 

Me and DH just started getting into Sons of Anarchy, and there was a funny scene on the episode we watched. There was a character they introduced that had OMD (Obsessive Masturbation Disorder) and would randomly stick his hand down his pants when he was talking to people. I laughed so hard last night I almost peed myself. lol. What can I say, I like simple potty humor. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I am HUGE! I've been in maternity clothes for 3 weeks now and I just keep getting bigger. I'm beginning to worry cuz I'm getting such a big bump so quick. I'm only 13w5d and I'm this big? Let's hope I don't have another 9lb baby lol. I'm showing it off cuz if I don't reveal the bump, I just look frumpy and fat, it's annoying :( ***funniest movie I've seen recently would be identity thief. That woman is just hilarious. The way she rocks her Afro red hair cracks me up. I like when she's in the car riding with the guy back to the Feds and to shut her up he plays the radio to drown out the sound of her voice, and she just sings, she knows every song and she just bellars the songs. Laughed my arss off. Attached pic of my large belly growth just in case someone wants to show me their matching size and put my mind at ease ;)
    --------------
    This is my bump, over a month ago. No way I can hide this. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options

Nausea/fickle appetite is still here. Cannot eat too much in one sitting or it wreaks havoc on me. Feel like I have more energy this week though (13w 4d). Still feel my insides stretching like crazy, but I think I'm just going to be a bit sore the whole pregnancy. I'm short, 5'2, with a short torso, and normally a size 14/16 with big boobs (38DD), so there's really no room for baby to go but out. Also think the scar tissue from my endo surgeries is getting angry.

My mom got me some maternity clothes this week. My regular pants are not buttoning comfortably. I can tell I've popped a bit but it's really just seems like an exaggerated muffin top. :-S 

Its so hard to pick a top funny, but I seem to always find something new to giggle at in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I pretty much know every line by now. Also love Step Brothers, Brisdesmaids, etc. 

imageimage

image image
    imageimage
  • Options

How is everyone feeling?  Any updates on tummy growth and/or maternity shopping?  Feel like showing off your bumps (whether they're B or D)?

I've purchased 3 pairs of maternity jeans that I've been wearing but haven't really needed to yet. I'm down 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm so tired of feeling sick and tired!

QOTW: What is the funniest movie you've ever seen?  Bonus points if you describe the scene that makes you laugh until you cry.

Hmmm I like older Adam Sandler movies. And the Hangover. And Bridesmaids. And all the movies I guess.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I've been in maternity pants for a few. Old navy has been the only pants that fit. As for appetite it's coming back. Still feel nauseous sometime.

The bump I appetite finally showing off looking pregnant and not just fat haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

photo march_zps6c968eb7.png
    BFP! June 25, 2014        EDD: 3/4/15
    Married May 2011 
    Me 27 -- DH 31 
    Loving parents of 2 beautiful chihuahuas 
  • Options
    My bump feels like it's insane right now. I've lost 20lbs since I got pregnant. Not dieting or trying. This happened with my first too, just bro so quickly. I feel pretty good but morning sickness can suck it- as well as heart burn! Next appt is October 6th. I'll be 18 weeks & hopefully we can schedule an anatomy scan for a week or two later!
    My husband has applied for a position in our dream town & we drove all weekend so he could take a test! He dressed in a suit & showed up all the guys who looked like they just rolled out of bed & didn't shave. He was so sexy!!!! Today he got called back for an interview! So excited but we'll be taking another 8 hour drive with our little & my growing belly!
    We haven't watched any good movies lately but I got sucked into watching a couple shows on netflix. Can't wait for Grimm to start soon!!! As well as a couple other shows!!! I'd show a pic of my bump but I just feel super fat. I know it's baby. Does anyone have any suggestions for belly support bands? Not like rock out bands- although good music can change my day. Lol.
  • Options
    Feeling like the second trimester is finally here!! Of course I'm now terrified that something bad has happened because I'm not throwing up every hour. I'm starting to wear maternity shirts but can still wear my pants with a belly band. The shirts were just getting to uncomfortable and short with the baby pushing my fat up to my chest!

Not really a funny movie person so the only one I can't think of is from Monty Python!
  • Options

How is everyone feeling?  Feeling good this week.  I almost miss the fatigue, because I was sleeping so well at night.  Now I'm up every couple of hours.

Any updates on tummy growth and/or maternity shopping?  I can feel my bump starting to push up higher.  It is getting harder to hide it at work.  I don't want to tell my boss, so I'm putting it off until it is completely obvious.

QOTW: What is the funniest movie you've ever seen?  Rushmore-  The scene where Bill Murray is giving a speech at the school and he tells the poor kids to "get them (rich kids) in your cross hairs and TAKE THEM DOWN!"  I'm laughing just thinking about it!

for suzyq0525
  • Options
    How is everyone feeling? Any updates on tummy growth and/or maternity shopping? Feel like showing off your bumps (whether they're B or D)? My blump is slowly turning into a bump. Went to doctor today and have lost three pounds since last week. Ordered some things from Motherhood Maternity and waiting for them to arrive. My jeans are awfully snug these days!

QOTW: What is the funniest movie you've ever seen? Bonus points if you describe the scene that makes you laugh until you cry. I love Super Troopers. Best opening scene ever in a movie.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cafecreme said:

Hahahaha YES!

imageimage

• Options
    Geez. Quoting on mobile is messy, haha.

Also a good funny movie: Any of the Madea movies. Love that character.
  • Options
    @SmurfyMcDizzy - I'm going to make a holiday cross-stitch sampler that says "Shitter's Full" and put a little trailer at the bottom for decoration :) LOVE Christmas Vacation.  I watch it every year.
  • Options

Feeling nauseated and tired still at 15 weeks. Bought some maternity clothes a few weeks ago but I need to get more soon. Finally starting to get a bit of a bump so here is some proof lol.

unnamed

I've seen so many funny movies so it's hard to decide. One movie my husband and I imitate all the time is Anchorman 2, especially the candy snake scene hehe.

M'15 January Animals Being Jerks Challenge

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I've seen the ugly holiday sweaters and shirts. Almost got some last year. My uncle and I were pushing for a "Christmas Vacation" theme for our annual Christmas Eve family party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"