Birthday Parties

How to entertain 6yr olds and 1 yr olds?!?!?

Hey everyone,

My boys will be 1(on 10/2) and 6 (on 10/10) so we are doing a joint party this year.  I have always had my older son's party at event places, but we just bought a house and will be hosting it at home.  It will be Dr. Seuss Thing 1 & Thing 2.  I just don't know what to do when it comes to entertainment.  I want them both to have fun.  What should I do?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to entertain 6yr olds and 1 yr olds?!?!?

• Honestly? I think that's too much for an age different to do a joint party and a 1st birthday is pretty important, so either your 6 year old is going to be slighted or it's going to turn into a 6th birthday with very little 1st birthday.
  • Unless it's a just family party I would have separate parties. Too much of a gap; anyhow, if you do a joint party you don't need any entertainment for the 1yr old, a couple of toys and "mingling" with people will be more than enough for him

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I would focus on the 6 year old in terms of entertainment.  The 1 year old (and any 1 year old friends) won't really need to be "entertained."  I'm sure they'll have plenty of fun watching the big kids and interacting with family members.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Engage them with baby toys and games.
  • aeh72aeh72 member
    edited October 2013

One year olds are not going to need a lot entertainment - just your typical one-year old toys.  But, I would recommend a separate area for the babies/toddlers to play in (where their parents can be or can watch) so they don't get overrun by the bigger kids.  We had a fairly large age range of kids at DS's 1st birthday party (ages 1-9) and it got pretty wild towards the end with the bigger kids racing around all over the place. 

For your 6 year old and his friends - just do whatever activities/games you would normally do for them at a party; just keep it separate (to the extent needed for safety reasons) from the smaller kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"