Single Parents
Options

Non-clicky poll: How did you become a single parent?

2»

Re: Non-clicky poll: How did you become a single parent?

• Options
    20-25, single mom due to end of short and serious relationship. BD doesn't want to get involved with DD. He never seen her or contact since day 1 DD was born.
    Pulpit rockBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Single due to divorce and over 30.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm single due to a very casual relationship (he lives out of town and stays with me when he visits). He and I are on good terms. I'm 10 weeks along and he is being pretty great considering how crazy this is for both of us. I never wanted to be a mom not he a dad. I'm 26.
  • Options
    Single mom.due to.H passing. 30 y/o
  • Options
    It shows just how alone I am that my situation isn't even an option in this poll- I am about to be a single mother due to the very sudden death of my husband a week after we discovered we were having a baby.  I am so extremely lonely, both because he's not here and because there are so few other people out there in my situation.  
  • Options
    Exact same situation, except he also got a gf when I was 8 months prego. Hopefully will be officially divorced in a few months!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    not sure what to categorize myself under.

My ex and I were in a serious relationship and broke up. He moved and a few years later I ended up relocating for a new job, which happened to be near him. We started seeing each other again but it was fairly new when I get pregnant. He freaked out and that was the end of our relationship although he has been excellent at being there throughout the pregnancy.

So would it be a serious or casual relationship? lol
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    New here. Came from bbc.

25-30 age.
    Single mom from end of serious relationship. Never married.

XBF is involved.
  • Options
    SMBC!  ...and of course here to silently mock and judge
    ;;)

>30
  • Options

I guess I'll use this post as my intro....

Single (or will be if STBXH would do what he needs to do) due to impending divorce - I found out in October my husband has had serious drug issues.  Gave him the opportunity to clean himself up and  work things out, he chose to break into my mother's home to steal for drugs (on top of the money he "stole" out of our bank accounts).  He may be clean now (he says he is anyway, I don't believe a word out of his mouth), but too much damage has been done at this point.  He is not very involved, sees our son intermittently (he's only allowed supervised visitation at this point anyway) but more often than not he's just not showing up.  CS is a joke, I see that less than I see him.  Once we can get a temporary order in place we can start having the courts take it directly out of his (nonexistent) paychecks...or at least starting a tally of what he owes for back support.

Mocking and judging only when is warranted.

Oh and I just turned 30.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cannemcd said:

It shows just how alone I am that my situation isn't even an option in this poll- I am about to be a single mother due to the very sudden death of my husband a week after we discovered we were having a baby.  I am so extremely lonely, both because he's not here and because there are so few other people out there in my situation.  

My father died when I was one and before my sister was born. My dad's family and friends have been great in telling us about him- funny and nice things he did, jerk things he did, things he liked and didn't like. I feel close to him even though I never met him. I know it's awful to have lost your husband, but he can still be a big part of your baby's life.
  • Options
    Single mom due to bad situation. I have full custody for both kids. They are 4 and 1. Ex husband seems them once a week for an hour with my supervision.
  • Options
    I guess i fall into the category single because of the end of a casual relationship. Also im in the 20 to 25 category. Oh and bd is totally uninvolved
  • Options
    Single mom due to pending divorce.  STBXH is involved at the moment. 25-30.
    BFP 9/10/12 m/c 10/26/12 BFP 2/10/13 Blighted Ovum m/c 3/12/13 
    Surprise BFP 4/15/13 Mark Anne Born 12/15/13 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Single mom due to the end of what *I* thought was a serious relationship.  BD started panicking when I told him I was pregnant and told me he couldn't be a father and was pushing for me to terminate.  Shortly after that he left me for someone else who had an 8mo old.  He dumped me on Christmas.  Actually, *she* did the dumping.  Because those two are classy.

He met DD once.  Haven't heard from him since.  I doubt he'll be around.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"