February 2013 Moms
Options

Poor Eating Habits!

Ok ladies anyone else having trouble with healthy eating? I am and here's the deal... Im actually down about 30 lbs from pre pregnancy weight I EBF and havent worked out at all. Im pretty sure i dont consume the calories I should in a day. Some of it is healthy but im also eating candy, other sweets and chips. I know i should just not buy it but my will power is crap! Also takeout happens more than I'd like! Today I didnt take much time for lunch until it was 2 pm and i was at mcdonalds ordering an iced coffee and a large fries! CRAP! Im eating CRAP! I know Im taking advantage of my nice quick metabolism but when i stop bf'ing thats probably not going to fly and i want to keep my new body! Im pretty sure I know what i have to do but anyone else struggling with this? Tips that maybe im missing out on?

Re: Poor Eating Habits!

• Options
    I done't bf any more, so I have my usual crappy metabolism.  Some nights I look back at what I ate that day and realize that I didn't eat a single fresh fruit or veg.  None.  I know that I need to cut back on the carbs and cheese and increase my fruit/veg consumption.  Also, tonight before bed I had delicious cinnamon toast.  Yep, bread and butter, sprinkled with sugar.  So fewer (or just healthier) snacks will help me a lot. 

• Options
    We definitely need to get into some cleaner eating in our house. I don't like McDonald's, but we have far too many things in cans/boxes that should not be considered meals. The amount of sodium in some of those things is outrageous. 

I also am ashamed of how little I drink in a day for fluids. There are days that go by and I realize I have had one or two things to drink all day. It's seltzer water, but still, two servings is not a healthy amount in a day! I don't BF, so I really need to be careful. Luckily I go back to work in a few days, and that will curb a lot of the bored snacking that is easily within reach at home all day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're definitely not alone. Still BFing here, and definitely taking advantage of the metabolism boost. One of my cousins gave me the side eye the other day as I was taking down a giant brownie. I just shrugged and said "breastfeeding." Haha. I have not eaten a home made meal in two weeks. I actually made a garden fresh salad to take for my lunch yesterday. Then one of our doctors bought us Chipotle, so the salad is still in the fridge at work. Oops! :-) I clearly haven't successfully transitioned to what I should be eating when I'm done BFing. I don't like restricting too much, so my goal right now is to incorporate more fresh stuff into my meals. And start working out. That might be a bit of a stretch though. :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"