Pregnant after IF
Options

Messing with my paif brain. Reassurance?

So this must be the IF sneaking into my PAIF brain that simply cannot relax and enjoy being pregnant. I don't know why I am so nervous about m/c. Not just any m/c, MISSED m/c. I know it is a very real fear and a valid concern. I don't have any symptoms to suggest a m/c, but I know this does not stop a missed m/c, and I have my first OB appt tomorrow. I guess I'm just afraid of the worst thing happening, which is to lose both of my bebes. I'm weaning off of my meds, since I will be 10 weeks in a few days. I'm feeling kind of crazy, I don't know why or how I am doing this to myself. Thanks for reading my nonsense.

On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Messing with my paif brain. Reassurance?

• Options
    Oh yeah, it's the PAIF brain!  I'm a bit earlier than you, but every.single.time, I fret and worry that the next blood draw or ultrasound will be bad news.  I still feel like it's coming and haven't really enjoyed being pregnant yet.  Try to enjoy it and hopefully the worrying will subside or shift focus to a new set of worries that comes with parenthood!
    TTC #1 since November 2011
    Me 32, DH 32
    Dx: Unexplained IF
    RE consult October 2012 
    Clomid and IUI Nov 2012-March 2013 BFNs
    IVF#1 on CD10! April 2013 - ER (27 retrieved, 19 fertilized) 4/21 - ET cancelled due to OHSS. 10 frosties 
    FET#1 w/ one blast May 2013-BFN
    FET #2 w/ one blast July 2013-BFP!!! Beta 9dp5dt: 129 Beta 13dp5dt: 867 Beta 20dp5dt: 13621 Beta 27dp5dt: 53341 U/S #1: 7/31 heartbeat 127 measuring right on time EDD March 20th, 2014
    IAmPregnant Tickerimage
  • Options
    I am right there with you. Every twinge or cramp just has me on edge. I wish I could relax and enjoy this pregnancy.

TTC since 9/10 consult 1/12 All testing came back fine Diagnosed with Unexplained infertility -3 medicated IUI's All BFN IVF - ER 11/14 24R, 15M, 13F ET 11/19, BETA 11/28 BFFN --Next step FET in Jan ET scheduled for 1/24. Beta #1 350 Beta #2 735. U/S Hell. miscarriage D&C at 9weeks. FET #2 ET 5/28 cancelled FET# 2.5 6/26 ET Beta 7/5 302 7/7 Beta #2 632 Everyone welcome

image image
     imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt that way until the NT Scan. Now I'm nice and calm. Hang in there a few more weeks and you'll see your LO and feel relief.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    RoeniRoeni member
    Feel the same way. And with good reason since I lost one last time and this time. Now I wonder how long this baby will last. I'm nervous for my US tomorrow and first OB appt Friday
  • Options
    i think its sooo normal for us PAIF gals to feel like this.  i'm over 13 weeks and still worried about each and every appointment.  i heard it gets a little easier when you can start feeling the baby/babies for reassurance.  
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I still feel like this when I haven't felt him move very often. I will say a doppler in early pregnancy kept me sane. I have a singleton, so I don't know if this would help with two but I listened to my little one almost daily up until recently when he started kicking me in the ribs.

Hope the anxiety eases. We all understand where you're coming from.

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    A missed m/c is the biggest fear I have right now as well.  Our first u/s went well and we saw a h/b.  this Friday I have another one and I am terrified of seeing nothing.  It is def PAIF brain, and I hope that it calms down ~for all of us!~ sooner rather than later.

I feel like I am "pretending" at being excited a lot of the time, but it's the closest I can come right now!  GL and I hope your upcoming appt. gives you some good news and eases your mind!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Options
    I hope so too. I'm sorry that any of us have this on our minds. Thanks for all the support!
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I'm almost 30 weeks and still feel this way! I had a missed m/c with this baby's twin after hearing the hb and it totally caused anxiety for me. I finally broke down and went to a therapist and she was awesome! Helped me realize that I have more intuition into my body than I realize and I am able to feel the difference between PAIF anxiety and when there's something really wrong. It's kept me sane these last several months.

I chose not to use a Doppler, only because of my anxiety, I found myself stressing and obsessing more about hearing something or not, or is that mine, etc.

Hang in there, you're definitely not alone!!
  • Options
    I've felt like this before nearly every single appointment I've had so far! I think most of us PAIFers go through waves of emotion like this, and I'm not sure when/if it gets better. I started feeling a lot better after my first OB appointment, but I still get a little crazy from time to time!

Hopefully you'll get a good look at your babies at your OB appointment and start feeling more confident in your body and comfortable with your pregnancy very soon!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17