Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Faint + or evap line????

My phone broke yesterday, so I can't post pictures, but I am confused by my hpt results today. I have 15 days post O and still no AF, so I took a test. It said not to check before 3min or after 10min. I checked it at 3 min and there was a hint of a line, but not really....by 6 min there was a faint pink line (not grey or yellowish like some evap lines I've seen before). I assumed that was a positive even though it was VERY faint. What confused me is after the test dried completely the line looked brownish, not pink anymore. The control line was still a purple color, but not as bright...still very dark though. So, what do you think??? Faint positive, or evap line??? 

Re: Faint + or evap line????

• Options
    Hard to say without seeing a pic- usually a line within the correct time frame is a line. I would test in the AM with another pink dye test. GL
  • Options
    I'm not sure what else we can tell you outside of what the instructions say...
    This. Oh and if it's a BFP please don't bother coming back to flaunt it. We don't know you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wow, ok. i didn't mean to offend anyone. i just joined today looking for someone to talk to about this since i don't want to talk about it with anyone i know. thanks for the warm welcome. geez
  • Options
    janda426 said:
    amw2082 said:
    wow, ok. i didn't mean to offend anyone. i just joined today looking for someone to talk to about this since i don't want to talk about it with anyone i know. thanks for the warm welcome. geez
    We're all TTC and are very supportive to the active members of the community, so I'm sure you can understand we aren't very excited for strangers who come in posting BFPs. Not saying you are, I'm just warning you that posting a BFP as a total stranger in an environment of women trying to get pregnant won't go over well for you. If this isn't your cycle, then please intro and stick around and be active so we can get to know you and when your time comes we will be more than supportive. It's really the same way it works IRL. Good luck to you
    Word. Without seeing the test, there's not much we can tell you, and I second everything Janda said.

• Options
    Honestly, it didn't occur to me that my post would be offensive. I had a question that I was hoping to get some feedback on from people who know a lot about pregnancy tests. Didn't mean to upset anyone. GL to you all.
  • Options
    amw2082 said:
    I thought we were getting a 3 day rule. 
    I was wondering the same thing...
  • Options
    TeeJ526 said:
    amw2082 said:
    I thought we were getting a 3 day rule. 
    I was wondering the same thing...
    Ditto
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    amw2082 said:
    Honestly, it didn't occur to me that my post would be offensive. I had a question that I was hoping to get some feedback on from people who know a lot about pregnancy tests. Didn't mean to upset anyone. GL to you all.

Unfortunately I don't know a lot about positive pregnancy tests, I'm still not pregnant. Thanks, though, for rubbing that fact in our faces here on a TRYING to get pregnant board.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    Ok, I'm honestly sorry that I upset people. I didn't know anything about a 3 day rule or whatever. I'll just leave the group. Again, good luck. Bye.
  • Options
    Post a pic! upload to https://tinypic.com/ and then link in the post using the insert image icon on the top left. GL

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Options
    amw2082 said:
    My phone broke yesterday, so I can't post pictures, but I am confused by my hpt results today. I have 15 days post O and still no AF, so I took a test. It said not to check before 3min or after 10min. I checked it at 3 min and there was a hint of a line, but not really....by 6 min there was a faint pink line (not grey or yellowish like some evap lines I've seen before). I assumed that was a positive even though it was VERY faint. What confused me is after the test dried completely the line looked brownish, not pink anymore. The control line was still a purple color, but not as bright...still very dark though. So, what do you think??? Faint positive, or evap line??? 

I've always heard a line is a line! Give it a day or two and test again to see if its darker. Hopefully it will be :-)
    Me: 33; Him: 32
    TTC Since July 2013
    DS: Gabriel (born Aug. 1999)

• Options
    amw2082 said:

Ok, I'm honestly sorry that I upset people. I didn't know anything about a 3 day rule or whatever. I'll just leave the group. Again, good luck. Bye.

I got the same "warm" welcome! Apparently we are supposed to become best friends with everyone before we post a question about BFP.. Oh and when you get one you should also apparently post on the 1st tri board... I'm learning all these rules too... But to answer your question.. If you saw pink it is probably positive! Try again in the am! Good luck!! :)
    Jess
  • Options
    janda426 said:
    amw2082 said:

I've always heard a line is a line! Give it a day or two and test again to see if its darker. Hopefully it will be :-)
    What would we do without you blowing sunshine up people's assholes :-)

How am I supposed to know the answer to that ridiculous question?
    TTC Since July 2013

• Options
    I got the same "warm" welcome! Apparently we are supposed to become best friends with everyone before we post a question about BFP.. Oh and when you get one you should also apparently post on the 1st tri board... I'm learning all these rules too... But to answer your question.. If you saw pink it is probably positive! Try again in the am! Good luck!! :)

They say the "rules" got lost with the site update.
    Well since so many of these "veterans" have so much time on their hands how about they should write up a quick "Rules for Newbies" and post that for us.
    TTC Since July 2013

• Options

They say the "rules" got lost with the site update.
    Well since so many of these "veterans" have so much time on their hands how about they should write up a quick "Rules for Newbies" and post that for us.

OMG I love this! Macy you win! Also because I've been wanting to use this line since the movie quotes GTKY:

Rainbowmkr1979 came here to chew gum and blow sunshine up people's asses, and she's all out of gum.
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options

@Rocknroll64, are we sure she didn't just swallow it?

bahahaha look at the one wearing underwear over her leotard. 
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    Rainbow if you don't like the tone or people on this board why do you keep posting here..? Obviously something keeps you coming back.
  • Options
    gscovillegscoville member
    edited July 2013
    janda426 said:
    Rainbow if you don't like the tone or people on this board why do you keep posting here..? Obviously something keeps you coming back.

:-bd We're all wondering this...

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options

Good ol Google searching!

1. Zero Tolerance for Bullies (aka- how to get banned)

We know you are all adults, and no, we're not going to ban you for using profanity, sarcasm or sharing your opinion in conversation. However, we are going to ban you if you're malicious towards another user.

Malicious, petty and/or personal attacks of any kind are unacceptable, so please be mindful of the way you address and discuss others.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to: starting a thread with a user's name as the topic/title to "bash" them, linking to a thread to call out a user on their post, thoughts or beliefs (not a topic), calling a username out maliciously, starting a malicious or derogatory poll/question about a user, using images (memes, gifs, etc.) in a direct attack/vicious manner, etc.

The Bump encourages you to share your opinions while respecting others' thoughts and feelings as well. Feel free to share, but be ready to hear and accept other opinions that you may not always agree with. Because you do not agree with someone, does not mean this is the place to attack anyone else's beliefs.

"Trolling" The Bump boards by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking members/disrupting normal discussion is not permitted and will lead to warning/banning from the boards.

Cyber bullying is not just a "teen thing" - it is very real for every age group and will not be tolerated.

If for any reason you are suspected of bullying, there will be consequences that may eventually, if not automatically, lead to banning from the community.

That was cute, but a link or quote of a direct violation would have more of an effect.

And I repeat, if you think we're bullies WHY do you post here?
  • Options
    janda426 said:

Oh, I don't let bullies win :-)

And, I actually come to this site to help and support and get help and support. That would be the point of this site actually.
    TTC Since July 2013

• Options
    Good ol Google searching!

1. Zero Tolerance for Bullies (aka- how to get banned) We know you are all adults, and no, we're not going to ban you for using profanity, sarcasm or sharing your opinion in conversation. However, we are going to ban you if you're malicious towards another user. Malicious, petty and/or personal attacks of any kind are unacceptable, so please be mindful of the way you address and discuss others. Personal attacks include, but are not limited to: starting a thread with a user's name as the topic/title to "bash" them, linking to a thread to call out a user on their post, thoughts or beliefs (not a topic), calling a username out maliciously, starting a malicious or derogatory poll/question about a user, using images (memes, gifs, etc.) in a direct attack/vicious manner, etc. The Bump encourages you to share your opinions while respecting others' thoughts and feelings as well. Feel free to share, but be ready to hear and accept other opinions that you may not always agree with. Because you do not agree with someone, does not mean this is the place to attack anyone else's beliefs. "Trolling" The Bump boards by posting inflammatory or off-topic messages with the intent of provoking members/disrupting normal discussion is not permitted and will lead to warning/banning from the boards. Cyber bullying is not just a "teen thing" - it is very real for every age group and will not be tolerated. If for any reason you are suspected of bullying, there will be consequences that may eventually, if not automatically, lead to banning from the community.

*slow clap* Wow, you've shown us. I especially like the part about being ready to hear and accept opinions that you may not always agree with. Voicing opinions does not by default equal bullying. Try again.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    janda426janda426 member
    edited July 2013

janda426 said:

Oh, I don't let bullies win :-)

And, I actually come to this site to help and support and get help and support. That would be the point of this site actually.

Huh, cause it seems to me that you spend more time bitching about the dynamics of this board than you do "supporting." And you only "support" those who post ridiculous things.

And aren't you a peach. If you want though, feel free to help yourself to the knowledge that letting someone know its rude to post a driveby BFP here =/= bullying.
  • Options
    "So please be mindful of the way you address and discuss others." How about y'all reread that. People can very well voice an opinion but say it without being insulting which some people are having a hard time understanding!
    TTC Since July 2013

• Options
    MauiBliss said:
    I'm new, so my opinion may not count for much, but I really think some people need to get a little thicker skin. Hi, I was told to "choke on a dick" today in response to a post. Amazingly, I didn't cry in a corner over it. I actually laughed because the gif was actually pretty funny.

Look, every community is different. You have to lurk and feel it out and see what people are like. Also, just like a non-virtual community, there is etiquette. Sure, I probably wouldn't tell someone to choke on a dick in public, I also wouldn't run up to random strangers shouting about my pregnancy. Pregnancy and fertility are deeply personal and emotional which is why it seems unseemly to shout about it without first introducing yourself...it seems the women here have struggled, some for a long time, and have supported and grown with each other. You have to respect that. Or, find another community more in line with your feelings and beliefs.

The internet's a big place.
    Well said!
  • Options
    MauiBliss said:
    I'm new, so my opinion may not count for much, but I really think some people need to get a little thicker skin. Hi, I was told to "choke on a dick" today in response to a post. Amazingly, I didn't cry in a corner over it. I actually laughed because the gif was actually pretty funny.

Look, every community is different. You have to lurk and feel it out and see what people are like. Also, just like a non-virtual community, there is etiquette. Sure, I probably wouldn't tell someone to choke on a dick in public, I also wouldn't run up to random strangers shouting about my pregnancy. Pregnancy and fertility are deeply personal and emotional which is why it seems unseemly to shout about it without first introducing yourself...it seems the women here have struggled, some for a long time, and have supported and grown with each other. You have to respect that. Or, find another community more in line with your feelings and beliefs.

The internet's a big place.

And by the time people are done lurking they could be 1/2 way through a pregnancy. People join and post where they are in their lives. Saying your pregnant is not bullying. And it's also not throwing it in anyone's face. There are boards for Trouble TTC. Because it happens easily for some and never at all for others is a fact of life. Hate a stranger for being just as strong as you and not taking it from others or love my approach, whatever. That's what y'all ask of us newbs.
    TTC Since July 2013

• Options
    I know exactly where I'm headed. Y'all want those who are new here to accept that those who have been here awhile are blunt with their honesty. So am I.
    TTC Since July 2013

• Options

I know exactly where I'm headed. Y'all want those who are new here to accept that those who have been here awhile are blunt with their honesty. So am I.

I would say you're more blunt with ignorance than honesty. In all honesty.
  • Options
    janda426 said:

See, calling someone ignorant goes against the "rules." And thanks for backing that point up with examples.
    TTC Since July 2013

• Options

janda426 said:

See, calling someone ignorant goes against the "rules." And thanks for backing that point up with examples.

Do you know the definition of ignorant or are you just going off the negative version of the term?

You are 100% being ignorant. That's not an insult that's the truth. You're *ignoring* every good point on here and choosing whatever fits your argument to address.
  • Options

janda426 said:

I don't see how pointing out someone's ignorance is bashing, derogatory, or against the rules.
  • Options
    TeeJ526 said:

janda426 said:

I don't see how pointing out someone's ignorance is bashing, derogatory, or against the rules.

Because I'm disagreeing with her. And that's bullying all of the sudden. Sigh.

I truly don't understand why people who are so unhappy continue to post here.... If they really are here to "support" then I feel like they wouldn't comment on every single thing they disagree with and stick around for arguments.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Last I checked this is the Trying to Get Pregnant board not Trouble TTC. I think it was an honest question from someone who has obviously not had experience with PG tests. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"