August 2012 Moms
Options

Fruit and poop

How often are you giving your LO's fruit?  I'm wondering if we give him too much fruit.  He gets fruit at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  He poops like 4 times a day (or more sometimes!).  This is somewhat of a new thing, probably for the last couple weeks.  Yesterday it was 5 times, one was huge (leaked majorly) and another one was pretty watery like diarrhea.  Then of course with the watery he gets a red bum/junk area.  :(  Not fun.  I will definitely mention it to the pedi at his 12 month well-child on Aug. 13...  Any advice?  Should I start a food journal?  And mark how often he poos?  Seriously, I never thought I would be so concerned about poop.  :/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: Fruit and poop

• Options
    I know that diarrhea and pooping more frequently can be chopped up to teething sometimes.

All DS eats is fruit, really...fruit and meat. He pretty much refuses any vegetables. It's never made him poop more often or have diarrhea.

Ie: For breakfast yesterday, he ate a half of a container of strawberries. For lunch, 20 cherries with some sausage. For dinner, a bowl of blueberries with meat.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    She eats the same amount of fruit as yours, but only poops every other day, and only one time. She has had the same poop schedule since she was a newborn, and I always thought it was because of her soy formula. But she's now exclusively on WCM and it's still the same. I think every baby is different, I wouldn't worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you ladies!  You put my mind at ease.  Especially about all the fruit!  I really have to offer it towards the end of meals, otherwise that is the only thing he will eat off of his tray.

BBJ - I was thinking the same thing, which would make sense because he has started waking up in the wee hours of the morning just whimpering/whining.  Still laying down with his pacifier near so maybe he is teething.

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    amaiteamaite member
    We were basically having what you describe, until we eliminated peaches. Other fruits don't seem to be having the same effect that peaches did.
  • Options
    Poor thing. My LO eats fruit with pretty much every meal. She poops generally 2 times a day but it depends on the day. like pp said it could be from teething too. Some times acidic fruits can cause diaper rash. My niece would get rashes from too many strawberries or oranges. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"