June 2012 Moms

Sippy cup in crib?

The past couple of nights my DS has been waking up a couple of times during the night. He goes right back to sleep after drinking some water.

Is it ok to leave a sippy cup of water in the crib? Is this unsafe for any reason I'm not thinking of?

ETA I've been getting up to give him water but I want to know if I can just leave a sippy in the crib so I don't have to get up.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sippy cup in crib?

• I don't know the answer to this question, but for me, I wouldn't leave any food or drink alone with Ds unsupervised for long hours...
  • I do it sometimes during nap time. When she's done with, she usually throws it out of crib.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • my DS continued to wake up in the early morning when i stopped all bottles. the pediatrician suggested putting a sippy cup of water in his crib and this has worked beautifully. i put it in the top corner of his crib and I have seen him wake up, drink, and go back to sleep on the video monitor. his sippy cup is usually empty in the morning.

my DH and i always have a glass of water on our nightstand every night because we get thirsty... it made perfect sense that our LO got thirsty overnight too! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My pedi suggested it.

• I would do it if DD did not spill water from it, but she likes to play with the spout and make it leak.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thanks ladies! I tried it last night and it was fine. : ]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just read somewhere that they recommended to put just water in the crib.  I'd let her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"