19 Weeks Pregnant

19 Weeks 5days no kick or baby movement

Hey everyone this is my first pregnancy and first baby. We have made it to the almost halfway point with a healthy baby as far as they can tell. At 19 weeks I had my ultrasound to check out babys organs and she is 10.8 ounces and 6.5 inches long! Wondering if there are other moms that have not been able to feel babys movements, I feel like I am the only one that hasnt yet people have been telling me I will feel them for a month now :( I saw her doing flips and kicks on the ultrasound I wonder if I am just not in tune with my body enough to feel her.. the midwife said my placenta may be in front of the baby and that could explain it. has anyone else experienced this?

Re: 19 Weeks 5days no kick or baby movement

• Going through the same thing.  I am currently 19 weeks and 1 day.  I have felt flutters here and there but nothing major yet.  This is my 3rd baby.  With my 1st, I didnt really feel her much either.  She was a quiet baby.  Then my 2nd was like a kung fu master. And then as I mentioned above, this is my 3rd baby, and I havent felt him much at all but, the nurse that did my ultrasound said that the placenta was in front as well as the baby facing towards my back, so that's probably why I dont feel him much right now.  Give it some time and before you know it, you will be feeling all sorts of movement.

Best of luck! Big Smile

• You have all the right answers Smile Either the placenta is in front muffling your baby's movements or you dont really know what it feels like. somethimes the kicks are definitate and sometimes it is more of a gentle movement. try laying quietly after you drink a sugar beverage, the baby will move more after the sugar rush and you may feel it with your hand or belly- good luck to you
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first baby I didnt feel kicking until 22 weeks. its hard to feel it when you havent felt it before. This is my third time and I started to feel the baby move around 13 weeks. I am now 17 weeks and I feel him moving all the time! I would say for sure you will feel it by 22 weeks. GOOD LUCK!
  • Hi! I'm 19 weeks 4 days and I still haven't felt my baby kicking either :
    It's my first pregnancy so I don't know what I should be feeling.
  • I'm a FTM at 19 weeks today and I still haven't felt anything yet. Crossing fingers for the both of us.
  • I know how you feel! I am currently 19
    Wks and 3 days pregnant with my 2nd baby and I can feel him/her kicking up a storm, but when I was pregnant with my DD I didn't feel kicking until my 23rd or 24th week!! :
    It felt like it took forever!! Many people told me that with the first one it takes longer for you to feel because its ur first and you don't know what a baby kick "feels" like. A kick is a kick, so hopefully you will feel one soon! Good luck!!
  • Hi, I'm 19 weeks 2day this is my 4th pregnancy so I defo know what to feel out for but still nothing : ... I can hear the baby move on the Doppler but just not feel it yet. All babies pregnancies are different so I think it's just a matter of time patience :
  • With my first i didnt feel anything till after week 22 but this is my second and i have been feeling movement since about  week 15. As long as you are hearing the heartbeat dont stress
    L.M. Chilcott
  • I'm in the same boat love! But asking as you saw baby doing cartwheels that's already a great sign. There's many reasons why you don't feel it but asking as ages healthy its ok! My baby hasn't even shown me the sex!
  • Well I will be 19 wks tomorrow but not sure if I've felt the baby kick or if it's gas! Lol... We have a good heart rate and sono is in less than 2 wks... Can't wait until I feel him...
    This should be interesting!
  • Haven't felt anything yet that I know of at almost 20 weeks: I asked the doc last visit and she said this is aok, especially for the first one! She said I probably wouldn't feel movement until 2122 weeks! Just spoke with my sisterinlaw last night, she just had her 4th and didn't feel her move until 6 months! I know baby moves like crazy...I've seen it! Glad I'm not the only one:
  • My best friend and I are both pregnant.  I am about 145 lbs and 5'7''.  She is 5'3'' (maybe) and about 103 lbs.  She felt her little girl moving during week 17!! I still haven't, at least not that I am totally sure of.  Both my husband and I are disappointed, but trying to remember that as long about our little one is growing, we will feel it.  And as my sister, who has had four kids, told me, soon enough you'll wish he or she would stop kicking so you can sleep.

Babies do it on their own time.  Enjoy the whole journey!  

• I'm 19 weeks as well with my first and haven't felt a thing.  My best friend who is also pregnant with her first felt her baby moving at 15 weeks.  My midwife told me my placenta is in front and she mentioned that it is very common for first time moms not to feel movement until 22 weeks.  Fingers crossed we feel something soon.  :)
  • Some of the books say, and my midwife said, for some people it's possible not to feel the kicks until 20-21-22 weeks. Hang in there. I'm 19 weeks 1day and I haven't felt anything yet and I'm barely showing, so I might be a late starter (my first pregnancy too).
    Mightemo
  • I feel the exact same way!! This is my first pregnancy and I am freaking out because I don't feel healthy enough and even though I feel things I have no idea if this is baby movement. My ultrasound isn't until July 16th and I'm trying hard to stay positive. I feel like I'm just not connected yet. Hoping this will change soon!! :
  • I am 19 weeks tomorrow and also not sure if I am feeling movement. My cousin told me she didn't feel movements till 22 weeks with her first baby. I have my scan Thursday and justl want to see baby again! Haven't since 12 weeks so anxious to see everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm currently 19 weeks today I haven't felt anything yet either; I'm hooping I will soon.
  • I'm 19 weeks and have felt no movement. Was told I have an anterior placenta which is why I haven't felt anything yet either. You are not alone
  • I am 19 weeks today and started feeling the baby at 17 weeks but didn't know for sure that was what I was feeling because this is my first. The only thing that made me sure was I had an ultrasound and I could see her kick on the screen and felt her at the same time. It was amazing!! My sister in law said she didn't feel her first until 21 weeks, and she is very thin. It's very common not to feel them this early, but apparently mine is a little acrobat because she is never still
  • I have feeling my baby boy move since 17 and 18 19 weeks and now im 20 weeks and 4 days along with my 4 th and no movement at all

• Any advice from anyone
  • I will be 19 weeks on Saturday and I also have not felt any movement, and no flutters.  I go back to the doc on the 31st, so will talk to them about it.  My sister-in-law was feeling movement at 17 weeks.  My last sono was on February 26th and I could see her moving around, and that was awesome, but just worried as to why I am not feeling anything either.
  • I'm 220 pounds and this has a lot to do with when a Mother will feel flutters and kicks. I have felt flutters, but no kicks yet. If you have extra cushion we have to give our bodies more time to feel the kicks. I've been in for ultrasounds and all is well with the baby I'm just chunky. My Doctor has assured me all is well it will just take longer for me to feel kicks vs. a smaller framed girl. 

Breath ~ As this is my first pregnancy I have been soo worried about every ache and I worry more when reading I'm not matching up to all the other mothers on websites. All pregnancies are different and that's what we have to worry before we cause ourselves a sleepness night.(which is no good for baby)

If you are super worried make an appointment with ur OB. When I hear my babies heartbeat all is well after that :) He/she will also answer all questions or schedule you for an ultrasound right away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"