October 2012 Moms
Options

UO

2»

Re: UO

• Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member

99% of the people in this country have no clue where our federal tax dollars are going.  Yet somehow everyone's got an opinion on the matter.  

Well over half goes to subsidies and tax breaks for the middle and upper class (mortgage deduction, capital gains tax breaks).  So little goes to food stamps and family assistance.

• Options
    I've been on a plane every 8 weeks or so since my DD was born 3 years ago and now we travel just as often since DS was born. I'm not shelling out extra cash for a seat when one could sit on my lap. That's a waste, especially since likely hood of being in any sort of plane crash is slim, very slim. Not to mention the logitical nightmare- even if I did use carseats on the planes it's one carseat per row, so that means I'd be putting my 3 yearold in another row. No, lol. In the name of safety, should there also be a child to parent ratio set in place? In the event of an accident, I would have to toss one my kids to a stranger to take care of. 
    ?Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.? Little Chick 5/10 Little Dude 10/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member

Laura and Piffle, not going to quote you but I feel like I just got told.

I did not know the stats about kids in car seats.  I thought if there's a crash we're all SOL.  Good to know.  Thanks.

And flying is a luxury so I just need to factor in the cost when I'm considering flying.   

• Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    You're limited to one lap baby per row/side due to numbers of O2 masks.
  • Options
    imageLauraT25:

imageCbeanz:
    You're limited to one lap baby per row/side due to numbers of O2 masks.

Hmm I never thought about that!  Still you can definitely have more than one car seat per row.

there is only one lap infant per row because of the mask issue however I wonder if it's a restriction in certain rows (besides the bulk head and exit). On a flight a few months ago a flight attendant didn't allow a convertible in the middle and obv not on the aisle. That's still something I shrug off but this is also coming from someone who orders a whiskey and coke asap  :) I wonder how many people just clutched their pearls at that confession ;) 

?Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.? Little Chick 5/10 Little Dude 10/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"