Re: UO

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    I have way too many today.
  • imageCbeanz:
    I have way too many today.

DO IT 

• Loading the player...
  • CbeanzCbeanz member

Gatorade Zero is a sports drink for people who don't play sports.

And low-carb beer is not HEALTH BEER. 

• I want to punch people who are currently throwing natural ear infection remedies at me in the face

(I have what is now a very serious ear infection to the extent that I am on prednisone and had to have an ENT get in there, I don't know how, but like, putting oregano oil in there is the last thing I should be doing, I'm not even supposed to wear my earbuds) 

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    Although many will deny it, teachers work 9 months out of the year.
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    imagelady dixneuf:

I want to punch people who are currently throwing natural ear infection remedies at me in the face

YES!

My PCP suggested I use garlic oil and a heating pad with my ear infection while I was pregnant.  I actually had to see my OB for antibiotic ear drops and a reco for an ENT.

Which reminds me I still need to find a new PCP. 

• imageCbeanz:
    imagelady dixneuf:

I want to punch people who are currently throwing natural ear infection remedies at me in the face

YES!

My PCP suggested I use garlic oil and a heating pad with my ear infection while I was pregnant.  I actually had to see my OB for antibiotic ear drops and a reco for an ENT.

I mean, that's fine bc you saw an actual doctor.

I am talking about friends or others who just list off stuff to do. I cannot tell you the damage something like garlic oil would do to my ear right now.  

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imageCbeanz:
    imagelady dixneuf:

YES!

I am talking about friends or others who just list off stuff to do. I cannot tell you the damage something like garlic oil would do to my ear right now.  

You should try candling!

jk 

• based on the thing I just posted

I think pretty much all maternity photos are tacky. Even the good ones are still super cheesy. It's almost impossible to nail it. 

• Eating frozen meals like South Beach diet and Healthy Choice are not good for you. It's processed crap with far too much sodium.Unless you just like the way they taste then whatever works. 

Also I can't stand yellow trucks.

Chevron stripes are way too trendy now and will eventually be outdated like everything else. 

• imageChrisG83:

Chevron stripes are way too trendy now and will eventually be outdated like everything else. 

a recent fb status of mine was "enough with the chevron"

lol 

• imagelady dixneuf:
    imageChrisG83:

a recent fb status of mine was "enough with the chevron"

lol 

awesome! 

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    imageChrisG83:

Eating frozen meals like South Beach diet and Healthy Choice are not good for you. It's processed crap with far too much sodium.Unless you just like the way they taste then whatever works. 

There is nothing Healthy about Healthy Choice.  All that crap makes me so angry/sad because people are so confused in this country about what is healthy and what isn't.

What is Chevron - isn't that an oil company? 

• imageCbeanz:
    imageChrisG83:

Eating frozen meals like South Beach diet and Healthy Choice are not good for you. It's processed crap with far too much sodium.Unless you just like the way they taste then whatever works. 

There is nothing Healthy about Healthy Choice.  All that crap makes me so angry/sad because people are so confused in this country about what is healthy and what isn't.

What is Chevron - isn't that an oil company? 

ha! yes!

it's also the zig zag stripe pattern you see everywhere 

https://www.google.com/search?sugexp=chrome,mod%3D0&q=chevron&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=cQPoUbyuFZTW8gSby4D4DQ&biw=986&bih=628&sei=dAPoUdWZC4vU9gTkwoEQ

• imagepiffle42:
    I lurked today and obviously that was a mistake. I am still incredibly mad about a person's actions that I don't even know personally. The stupid is astounding. I thought a break might help but I'm still upset. Leaving your baby home alone while you go to a party down the street for 90 minutes. Doing so while they have organs outside their body is worse. I just can't wrap my head around the irresponsibility. I really don't know if I can come back.

come back bc for the one stupid person there are many more that adore you and are great parents. 

• CbeanzCbeanz member

imagepiffle42:
    I lurked today and obviously that was a mistake. I am still incredibly mad about a person's actions that I don't even know personally. The stupid is astounding. I thought a break might help but I'm still upset. Leaving your baby home alone while you go to a party down the street for 90 minutes. Doing so while they have organs outside their body is worse. I just can't wrap my head around the irresponsibility. I really don't know if I can come back.

I'm right there with you.  Sick to my stomach over it. 

• imagepiffle42:
    imagelady dixneuf:

imagepiffle42:

come back bc for the one stupid person there are many more that adore you and are great parents.

Her post below has me seething. I'm absolutely disgusted. I love tons of you guys too. I don't want to let one person ruin all our fun. I just feel like I would be mad every time she posted. Maybe I need a longer break...

can you block her? I am also disgusted but there are lots of dummies on here. But I don't want to let that ruin my good time! 

• I'm not going to do a big quote tree!

but I see it (on computer) on bottom left under the list of message boards "block bumpies" under "my boards" 

• imagelady dixneuf:
    imagepiffle42:
    imagelady dixneuf:

imagepiffle42:

Her post below has me seething. I'm absolutely disgusted. I love tons of you guys too. I don't want to let one person ruin all our fun. I just feel like I would be mad every time she posted. Maybe I need a longer break...

can you block her? I am also disgusted but there are lots of dummies on here. But I don't want to let that ruin my good time! 

omg, I haven't been on in like 2 weeks again because I've been so busy...but what the heck is this!?!?!  I don't want to get myself upset, but my curiosity got tickled......

Also, I don't care about the George Zimmerman thing...I was interested to seeing what the verdict was, but GET. OVER. IT...please!!!!  This statement referring to the media.

• imagembm1983:
    imagelady dixneuf:

tell me about it. my mom was having severe ear pain and so many people told her to try different things. even her old timey family doctor until she got frustrated and forced him to get an ENT referral. She had bone growth in her ear canal blocking everything! like garlic oil is gonna fix that.

surfer's ear? I have that which is what ultimately led to my very very severe swimmer's ear infection, which then caused a middle ear infection, which was so bad my eardrum burst a little. I am on MEGA drugs right now! 

• imagepiffle42:
    imageHeater2010:
    omg, I haven't been on in like 2 weeks again because I've been so busy...but what the heck is this!?!?! I don't want to get myself upset, but my curiosity got tickled......
    See last weeks FFFC ETA link https://m.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/75318785.aspx

Thanks!

And um...I don't want to start the debate again and get people irritated, but no.  Definitely no.  Even when I'm outside doing yard work and the monitor is on (she's napping) I have to check on her every so often.  Just goes to show that there are a lot of stupid parents.

• I maintain my position that judgment ain't all that bad

but I am also selective in what I judge. 

• imagepiffle42:

AAhhhhhh i remember now. I was in shock at this as well. Someone has to do LNCI.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• imagelady dixneuf:

(I have what is now a very serious ear infection to the extent that I am on prednisone and had to have an ENT get in there, I don't know how, but like, putting oregano oil in there is the last thing I should be doing, I'm not even supposed to wear my earbuds) 

A friend of mine recently had ear problems... They ended up removing a petrified chunk of ear wax... like the size of a pea.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    imagembm1983:
    if i never had to wear pants ever again i would be a happy lady. and i'm not talking about dresses or skirts either. just...no pants. lady gaga style.

Interesting.
    I always said my ideal wardrobe would be head to toe spandex. Superhero style. Clothes should fit me not vice versa.
  • nealblnealbl member

This is in general not realted to any current case.

I think not guilty due to insanity is the weirdest defense. Obviously the person is insane if they killed someone. So why does this defense work on some but not others. It shouldn't work on anyone.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Piffle, were you able to find the block button? Please don't go.

My UO:  I've been spending some time on the Baby Shower board and they would murder me if they knew what kind of shower I had. My sisters gave me a lovely co-ed, open house shower with about 50 guests. I thought it was fantastic, but apparently large showers are a no no and look gift grabby. Don't tell them!

• imageLauraT25:
    OK my own UO: there is no acceptable excuse, in my opinion, to have a lap baby on a plane. I don't think you are a bad parent if you do it, but I do think it is the wrong choice.

Really? Why? Neither of my girls would stay in a Carseat on A plane. Random mobile typos sorry.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMrs.G123:
    imageLauraT25:
    OK my own UO: there is no acceptable excuse, in my opinion, to have a lap baby on a plane. I don't think you are a bad parent if you do it, but I do think it is the wrong choice.
    Really? Why? Neither of my girls would stay in a Carseat on A plane. Random mobile typos sorry.

I've done it once and am doing it again soon! 

• Bailey was a lap baby to and from Jamaica. It was pretty rough, but it may not have been much easier w a carseat. She likes to move and jump and spin. She's not a hold me baby.

Maybe not a UO, but wtf was rolling stone thinking putting the Boston bomber on the cover like that?!? And it's similar to the Jim Morrison cover which makes it even worse.

Probably a UO, I want to go buy the issue just so I can show people "look what these a holes at rolling stone did"

Piffle, don't go!

• imageThisIsBrea:

imagestephcarter:
    Bailey was a lap baby to and from Jamaica. It was pretty rough, but it may not have been much easier w a carseat. She likes to move and jump and spin. She's not a hold me baby.

Maybe not a UO, but wtf was rolling stone thinking putting the Boston bomber on the cover like that?!? And it's similar to the Jim Morrison cover which makes it even worse.

Probably a UO, I want to go buy the issue just so I can show people "look what these a holes at rolling stone did"

Piffle, don't go!

My question for you is, did you read the article in Rolling Stone or just make a snap judgment? FTR, the put Charles Manson on the cover all those years ago too. And I think the article about the Boston Bomber was brilliant. Perhaps the photo was a touch too rock star, but I think it made a point about how normal a terrorist can look. And it didn't vilify Muslims like so many of the news outlets do.

Snap judgement for sure! I won't lie. It wasn't the fact that he was on there that bothered me, it was the way they made him look, for lack of a better word, good on the cover.

I would definitely be interested in reading the article!!! I told my DH I want the magazine and he told me he wouldn't want to support it. So I decided I need to go steal it. Lol jk of course!

ETA "Perhaps the photo was a touch too rock star, but I think it made a point about how normal a terrorist can look. " I didn't think about it like that. Makes sense though!

• imageThisIsBrea:
    imagembm1983:

here's another one.

i like dubstep music sometimes. it serves  a purpose. that purpose being, sometimes i just want to daaaaaannnnceeee. Party!!!

False! When I want to dance give me 80s or Britney...dubstep, nope, can't dance to it. 

My Pandora best of the 80s station is what gets me thru the day... Lol

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    imagelady dixneuf:

imageMrs.G123:
    imageLauraT25:

I've done it 4 times and about to go for a 5th!  

• CbeanzCbeanz member

imagepiffle42:
    Women shouldn't drink hard liquor while BF

I hope this is not an unpopular opinion.

Actually in our BF class, the instructor said we could have "4 oz. of alcohol" and one of the women raised her hand and asked, "Like 4 shots?" 

• imageThisIsBrea:
    imagemmnumber5:
    Dh has some hilarious opinions about convicted felons I don't agree with half of them but sometimes I wish we could do it the way he says. Basically he thinks they shouldn't get tv and a job and access to education and he thinks more should just die, its really hard to agree with the dying put to death part.
    Ugh, really? I just can't...not today. I will say I find none of these opinions funny.

agreed

it's crazy ignorant and from a naive place of privilege

our jail system is a mess. it's horrible.  

• nealblnealbl member
    imageWanderingStars23:
    imageThisIsBrea:
    imagenealbl:

This is in general not realted to any current case.

I think not guilty due to insanity is the weirdest defense. Obviously the person is insane if they killed someone. So why does this defense work on some but not others. It shouldn't work on anyone.  

Like I said, people don't understand the defense. Not guilty by reason of mental defect differs by state, obviously, but generally means you were unable to control yourself at the time of the crime, or you lacked the mental capacity to understand what you were doing was a crime (the difference between right or wrong essentially) whether it be due to a mental illness or something else. If you are found not guilty by reason of insanity, you are usually sentenced to a mental hospital for an indeterminate amount of time, which means they could hold you forever. 

It's not just, oh that person is insane, he's not guilty. There's a lot more that goes into it. 

I completely understand this, and I guess in some cases it makes sense. I don't understand why someone can't be found guilty and also have to undergo psychological treatment is that even the right term?

I also think that defense is over used. Oh, he planned a mass killing spree for months and then executed it? He must be crazy.

Sorry late coming back I fully admit I know nothing about the legal system. Interesting stuff I'm learning here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCbeanz:
    imagelady dixneuf:

imageMrs.G123:
    imageLauraT25:

I fly alone with my boys the end of August. DS1 will be in a seat, but E will be in my lap. No way am I shelling out more money for another seat that he won't want to sit in anyway. God help me though, I'm going to need big drinks the nights after we fly.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• imageCbeanz:
    imagelady dixneuf:

imageMrs.G123:
    imageLauraT25:

We never bought a seat for dd until we had to.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• CbeanzCbeanz member

IDK if this is an UO or a pet peave.

I hate it when people complain about what people buy with food stamps!  People on assistance don't need to be told what to eat.  Junk food is not a luxury for the wealthy!

I may have stated this opinion before, but I just overheard coworkers talking about it again. "Those welfare queens sitting on the couch in the A/C eating chips and drinking soda."  "Yeah, people on food stamps don't need to be drinking caffeine."

.......WHAT?! 

• imageCbeanz:

IDK if this is an UO or a pet peave.

I hate it when people complain about what people buy with food stamps!  People on assistance don't need to be told what to eat.  Junk food is not a luxury for the wealthy!

I may have stated this opinion before, but I just overheard coworkers talking about it again. "Those welfare queens sitting on the couch in the A/C eating chips and drinking soda."  "Yeah, people on food stamps don't need to be drinking caffeine."

.......WHAT?! 

the idea of welfare queens is a completely misguided (racist, classist) one. 

just led me to this, super interesting

https://www.nieman.harvard.edu/reportsitem.aspx?id=102223

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"