September 2012 Moms

FFFC

Confessions. Anyone?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC

• I told DH I had a headache [true] and that I was going to hop back in bed [true]. But instead of resting, I'm starting the FFFC in the peace and quiet of the bedroom while he eats with E.

• Nola has a new noise that she discovered. It sounds like a small boat revving up [neeeee neeee]. It's incredibly annoying! I don't tell her to stop but I cringe when she gets on a roll with it!

I'm loving this season of Couples Therapy. I stumbled on it by accident and now I'm hooked. I have yet to decide for myself if Flav and Liz are actually a real couple.

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • imageMiraskTastic:
    Not a FFFC, but I am too lazy to make a new post about it.nbsp;My MIL broke my Keruig. Now I am tired and grouchy. nbsp;

Oh, it would be a bad day around here if someone took away my ability to make coffee! That's frustrating!

Anniversary

• I ate four pieces of pie on monday, it was going to get soggy and gross if I left it right?!?

View Full Size Image

• imagelinzeek44:
    I told DH I had a headache [true] and that I was going to hop back in bed [true]. But instead of resting, I'm starting the FFFC in the peace and quiet of the bedroom while he eats with E.

When I say I'm going to lay down 9 times out of 10 I'm just going to play Candy Crush or Bump/Facebook in peace!

ETA: Should there be a comma after down? Anyone know? Another confession...I've always been terrible with correct comma usage. I usually stick them in random places and then have to go back and trim down where they actually don't belong!

Anniversary

• I have so much work today...and here I sit on TB. I am SO unmotivated.

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagethe mathlete:

imageMrsKipper:
    imagelinzeek44:
    I told DH I had a headache [true] and that I was going to hop back in bed [true]. But instead of resting, I'm starting the FFFC in the peace and quiet of the bedroom while he eats with E.

When I say I'm going to lay down 9 times out of 10 I'm just going to play Candy Crush or Bump/Facebook in peace!

ETA: Should there be a comma after down? Anyone know? Another confession...I've always been terrible with correct comma usage. I usually stick them in random places and then have to go back and trim down where they actually don't belong!

I would have done commas like this: When I say I'm going to lay down, 9 times out of 10, I'm just going to play Candy Crush or Bump/Facebook in peace!

No clue if that's correct, though. Mirask? 

That does look more correct and it reads a lot better! Sadly, I'm a Mass Comm major so I should know these things better!

Anniversary

• imageMrsKipper:
    Nola has a new noise that she discovered. It sounds like a small boat revving up [neeeee neeee]. It's incredibly annoying! I don't tell her to stop but I cringe when she gets on a roll with it! I'm loving this season of Couples Therapy. I stumbled on it by accident and now I'm hooked. I have yet to decide for myself if Flav and Liz are actually a real couple.

I'm watching it to! I cannot figure those two out. What is the appeal of her to him? The fact that it is his son's mother, I guess?

I do think they are a real couple though. 

• imageauroraloo:

I kind of wish my kid would be distracted by television. He woke up at midnight and 4:30 last night, for no reason, and then got up for the day at 5:30. 

I'm exhausted, kind of sick, and he's raring to go. I wish I could turn on docmcstuffins and get a half hour to wake up.   

I was just saying the same thing about DD the other day.  There are just some days that I'm like, "Girl, seriously, I love you but could you just lay the f down and give mommy a few minutes??"  DD is nonstop all day.  

http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • KTC926KTC926 member

imageMrsKipper:
    imagelinzeek44:
    When I say I'm going to lay down 9 times out of 10 I'm just going to play Candy Crush or Bump/Facebook in peace! ETA: Should there be a comma after down? Anyone know? Another confession...I've always been terrible with correct comma usage. I usually stick them in random places and then have to go back and trim down where they actually don't belong!

I do this too. Only I tell DH I have to poop. He won't bother me then. haha

• imagetonir319:

imageMrsKipper:
    Nola has a new noise that she discovered. It sounds like a small boat revving up [neeeee neeee]. It's incredibly annoying! I don't tell her to stop but I cringe when she gets on a roll with it!

I'm loving this season of Couples Therapy. I stumbled on it by accident and now I'm hooked. I have yet to decide for myself if Flav and Liz are actually a real couple.

I'm watching it to! I cannot figure those two out. What is the appeal of her to him? The fact that it is his son's mother, I guess?

I do think they are a real couple though. 

She seems like the most miserable person on the planet! I feel bad for both of them in different ways! How they were the most compatible I have no idea! Meanwhile, there's "all about me" Joe Francis. He's a peach!

ETA: SHE seems miserable! One letter makes a huge difference!

Anniversary

• imageKTC926:

imageMrsKipper:
    imagelinzeek44:
    When I say I'm going to lay down 9 times out of 10 I'm just going to play Candy Crush or Bump/Facebook in peace! ETA: Should there be a comma after down? Anyone know? Another confession...I've always been terrible with correct comma usage. I usually stick them in random places and then have to go back and trim down where they actually don't belong!

I do this too. Only I tell DH I have to poop. He won't bother me then. haha

I get some good Candy Crush time in in the bathroom, too! Definitely no interruptions in there!

Anniversary

• We are leaving for vacation tomorrow and I have to pick my parents up at the airport after work today.  They invited themselves on our vacation and, while I am trying to be excited and make the best of it, I am full of anxiety.  My confession is:  If I had wine here at work, I would drink it right now.

ETA:  Holy grammar mistakes Batman!

• miss50miss50 member
    I've been allowing bugs to live in my mailbox. Ear wigs to be exact. I've been secretly watching them. The mailbox is over 20 yards from the house, but recently one has been seen in the house and now they are all going to die. Including the 3 nests.

• StasiStasi member
    imageMiraskTastic:

Not a FFFC, but I am too lazy to make a new post about it. 

My MIL broke my Keruig. Now I am tired and grouchy.  

Ah, hell no. Our coffee maker broke on Monday, we've been living off the French Press since, but we're putting an order in for a new one today.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• StasiStasi member

Our coffee maker broke.

DH is the ultimate appliance/electronics researcher in house and he found a maker that he claims is fabulous (my words not his) for $260 dollars.

It's a lot of money for a coffee maker, but I said buy that thing. I'm sick of not having coffee around!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• imagethe mathlete:
    imagemands629:

Yep, that would be the one. 

Oh, man. We love that show. Now I will have to go into it trying to figure out who your neighbor is and if Homewrecker is a fellow competitor.

Thanks for giving me some drama to sniff out. Wink 

Haven't read past here. Do you know which truck he was with?! I love that show. I was watching it when I went into labor actually. That and the Patriots game.

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • miss50miss50 member

imageTheAnne:
      Also, I am wearing a blatantly maternity shirt.

I did this Tuesday.  Ruching at the sides.  I wore it all by itself.  You could totally tell.

• BPerBPer member

I really have no idea if DD is just a super high-needs baby, or if I am not as patient a person as I thought I was.

I feel like she is a crazy person trapped in a tiny body. 

• Newt69Newt69 member
    imageMiraskTastic:

Not a FFFC, but I am too lazy to make a new post about it. 

My MIL broke my Keruig. Now I am tired and grouchy.  

and you didnt brutally murder her?....i would have atleast throat punched her...lol

• KTC926KTC926 member

I had a pretty low key laid back birthing experience. The lights were low and my midwife and I were joking around watching Jimmy Kimmel Live between pushing.

Now late at night when I catch JKL I picture myself spread eagle laughing.

• imageBPer:

I really have no idea if DD is just a super high-needs baby, or if I am not as patient a person as I thought I was.

I felt like this about DD.  For me, I think it was a combination of both.  She's kinda high maintenance and I am not as patient as I should be.  I've gotten better at catching myself getting frustrated. 

• imagemiss50:
    I've been allowing bugs to live in my mailbox. Ear wigs to be exact. I've been secretly watching them. The mailbox is over 20 yards from the house, but recently one has been seen in the house and now they are all going to die. Including the 3 nests.

I discovered a tiny spiderweb with a bitty little spider in it in the crevice of the stairs yesterday.  In order to avoid dragging out the vacuum, I briefly considered naming her Charlotte, deeming her a family pet, and just leaving her there. 

• imagethe mathlete:
    imageauroraloo:

I kind of wish my kid would be distracted by television. He woke up at midnight and 4:30 last night, for no reason, and then got up for the day at 5:30. 

I'm exhausted, kind of sick, and he's raring to go. I wish I could turn on docmcstuffins and get a half hour to wake up.   

Harper loves watching TV, BUT, she will still be on a path of destruction as she does it. She doesn't just sit there watching.

I hope you feel better, though.  

Mathlete, I can't say I ever knew what your DD's name is. I absolutely adore the name Harper. 

Edt: That's not my FFFC.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Newt69Newt69 member

While D is at daycare, i should be cleaning up the house and stuff but instead I am watching Lets Make A Deal, Bumping, texting, etc...i am enjoying the Peace and Quiet way too much.

My confession...i am going to miss my daily TV show line up when i go back to work and i have also found a show called DEVIOUS MAIDS that i am sucked into..thank goodness for DVRs

• A friend's daughter was going to watch DD while I took care of some long-overdue dentist and eye doc appointments.  She dislocated her shoulder and can't.

FFFC: My first thought was not "Aw, I hope she's ok!" but "Ah, sh!t, and I don't have anyone else to call short-notice."  I am such a b!tch. And also incredibly shocked at how much I was looking forward to the dentist if it meant baby-free time and getting something knocked off my to-do list.

• imageBPer:

My daughter is very high maintenance. I almost feel like it is my fault for spoiling her. She is very clingy to me. If I leave the room, it's a full on meltdown. I know, separation anxiety and all. I do wonder if I contributed to this situation though. I am really losing my patience! 

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • BPerBPer member
    imageJessicaxLynn87:
    imageBPer:

My daughter is very high maintenance. I almost feel like it is my fault for spoiling her. She is very clingy to me. If I leave the room, it's a full on meltdown. I know, separation anxiety and all. I do wonder if I contributed to this situation though. I am really losing my patience! 

I feel your pain.  She wants nothing to do with any of her toys at this point, she just wants to climb all over me and be as close to me as possible.

If I try and let her play with her toys on the floor, she just pulls herself up onto the couch and grabs whatever part of my body is closest to her.  

She will not sit still for a second.  Literally.  My target trip this morning was cut drastically short because despite being buckled in, she was attempting to climb out of the cart every 2 minutes.

I'm exhausted.

Ditto what Rora said about wishing she would be entertained by TV.  She likes to have it on in the background, but rarely pays attention to it. 

• I get annoyed when I'm in the middle of a project at work and I have to go home to get the baby. I feel like I don't have enough time to be great at my job or be great as a mom. I love being with my kids but I also love my job. I feel guilty when I don't want to leave work after a full 8 hours. Especially when I see how happy Sawyer is to see me.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • imageHyaline:
    A friend's daughter was going to watch DD while I took care of some longoverdue dentist and eye doc appointments. nbsp;She dislocated her shoulder and can't.FFFC: My first thought was not "Aw, I hope she's ok!" but "Ah, sh!t, and I don't have anyone else to call shortnotice." nbsp;I am such a b!tch. And also incredibly shocked at how much I was looking forward to the dentist if it meant babyfree time and getting something knocked off my todo list.

I'm far too excited about the gyno appt I have next week. Here's hoping there's a long wait!

Anniversary

• Newt69Newt69 member

imagejenndub:
    I get annoyed when I'm in the middle of a project at work and I have to go home to get the baby. I feel like I don't have enough time to be great at my job or be great as a mom. I love being with my kids but I also love my job. I feel guilty when I don't want to leave work after a full 8 hours. Especially when I see how happy Sawyer is to see me.

I have a feeling this will be me too when i start work....i am enjoying having D at DC and dont miss him...i feel like a crappy mother for not missing him

• imageBPer:

I feel like I have the opposite FFFC. I always expected my kid to be difficult. My parents told me how difficult I was. But she's not. She's super easy, super laid-back, non-mobile, and easily entertained. I would never say anything to MH IRL, but I'm secretly afraid that it means she's going to be, well, not very bright.
  • imagejenndub:
    I get annoyed when I'm in the middle of a project at work and I have to go home to get the baby. I feel like I don't have enough time to be great at my job or be great as a mom. I love being with my kids but I also love my job. I feel guilty when I don't want to leave work after a full 8 hours. Especially when I see how happy Sawyer is to see me.

This has always been a struggle for me, especially when I worked full time. I felt like I was inadequate and ineffective at work and home. I couldn't devote 100 percent of my mind to either. It got much better when the kids got more independent around 18 months to 2 yrs old. Hang in there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNewt69:

imagejenndub:

I have a feeling this will be me too when i start work....i am enjoying having D at DC and dont miss him...i feel like a crappy mother for not missing him

I don't miss the kids when I'm at work. That makes me feel bad. I love having lunch with adults and having adult conversation. I love every minute with the kids once I'm home, but I'm in no hurry to get there. I think I feel so much guilt because I stayed home with the first two. I was so sad that I had to leave Sawyer. Being a mom is hard.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • imageBPer:

She will not sit still for a second.  Literally.  My target trip this morning was cut drastically short because despite being buckled in, she was attempting to climb out of the cart every 2 minutes.

I feel ya.  I give her a cheese stick when I put her in a cart, she devours it but it keeps her distracted from trying to grad EVERYTHING for at least 1/2 the time. :)

These are favorites around in our house.

• imageHyaline:

imagemiss50:

I discovered a tiny spiderweb with a bitty little spider in it in the crevice of the stairs yesterday.  In order to avoid dragging out the vacuum, I briefly considered naming her Charlotte, deeming her a family pet, and just leaving her there. 

I actually did this the other week because the spider made its web on the ceiling above the stairs that can't be reached without crazy acrobatics. DH should probably vacuum the area.

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • imageBPer:
    imageJessicaxLynn87:
    imageBPer:

I feel your pain.  She wants nothing to do with any of her toys at this point, she just wants to climb all over me and be as close to me as possible.

If I try and let her play with her toys on the floor, she just pulls herself up onto the couch and grabs whatever part of my body is closest to her.  

I'm exhausted.

Ditto what Rora said about wishing she would be entertained by TV.  She likes to have it on in the background, but rarely pays attention to it. 

I completely understand. LO has a ton of toys. I'll even sit on the floor with her and encourage her to play. No, she would rather climb on me, rub her face onto my chest, pull at my hair, etc. Has to be touching me! I don't even bother sitting on the couch anymore because then she wants up there with me! My LO is also very hyperactive. I think it's why she is so restless at night. I have a crappy nighttime sleeper. We're up between 2-3 times a night. She also won't watch television. I keep it on for her, and she may sit there for a few minutes, but then she's onto something else. Like you, I'm also exhausted. DH sympathizes but doesn't know what to do. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAfunky6:
    A usually wakes up at 8 or 9. This morning I think that she probably woke up played quietly, and fell back asleep. It's almost 12 and she's still sleeping. I feel awful because I sleep so heavy that unless she's crying I don't hear her typically. I keep on saying I'm going to set an alarm but I never do.

im so jealous. I'm a light sleeper, and so is LO. I could tiptoe in her room and she wakes up. She stirs around on the monitor and I'm immediately awake. It sucks! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • miss50miss50 member
    imagemands629:

imagemiss50:

This and the picture in my head of you waging war on bugs made me laugh!  

ill attempt to IG the video. Those earwigs are gone. PITA doesn't care about bugs right?

• imageeshee8198:
    imageBPer:

I feel like I have the opposite FFFC. I always expected my kid to be difficult. My parents told me how difficult I was. But she's not. She's super easy, super laid-back, non-mobile, and easily entertained. I would never say anything to MH IRL, but I'm secretly afraid that it means she's going to be, well, not very bright.

LOL I console myself that DD's high maintenance, high spirits, high needs, constantly seeking something new to do means she's intelligent--even though I know that speculation is total BS. It's just what I say to myself when I'm ready to blow a gasket--"well, at least she's not a total rutabaga."  Even though I know I'm lying to myself.

I do think it may be indicative of personality--my 9 month old nephew is this laid-back dude like his dad--and there is nothing wrong with being laid-back!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"