Multiples

Baby Kicks

I'm pregnant with fraternal twins. I feel kicks mostly on my left side. I am worried that perhaps the other baby isn't moving enough. I'm not even sure exactly how they're arranged in there. Does anyone else have any advice? I have a ultrasound on 7/5 but I'm still worried.

Re: Baby Kicks

• I felt most my movement on my right side. I was worried too but it ended up being both babies. Both placentas were anterior and on the left side which made it harder to feel movement. Also my twins hung out on my right side more.
  • I tend to feel more on the right than the left.  It could have to do with placental positioning or just where your LOs hang out.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the exact same situation as you. I first felt movement on my left side, and didn't feel anything on the right for weeks. Baby A is on the left, Baby B is on the right. Then suddenly Baby B started moving .... and Baby A stopped! That was what had me worried, but after a few days I felt a few kicks from Baby A, so I know s/he's ok in there. It's so hard not to over analyze everything, especially with two to worry about! :) I have an appointment 7/2 so even though the rational part of me knows everything's probably fine, it will be good to hear both little heartbeats. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • My kicks vary too. Sometimes I feel them more on the left, sometimes on the right. I, too, have an appt on 7/2 and will have an u/s next week. Its always reassuring to be able to see or hear them both again.
  • Ok I feel a little bit better knowing that it could be where the placenta is and other people have similar experiences. I'm 23 weeks and from my understanding miscarriage and vanishing twin syndrome are not very likely at this point.
  • I had this same concern. Baby B is constantly moving and kicking on my left side. However, Baby A has an anterior placenta,so my doctor told me its normal not to feel as much from her. Maybe one of your babies has an anterior placenta and that's why you don't feel as much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"