Preemies

Neosure and vomiting

I'm in a rut. Our 24 weeker now 46 weeker is suppose to go home Friday . Well now she is on neosure 24 calorie and is having projectile vomiting at times and taking very low volumes. She also got a shot yesterday. So I'm in a tizzy. Anyone else have trouble with neosure with their preemie? Any advice? We r sooo close to going home and now it's on hold :
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Neosure and vomiting

• Ask dr's if they think it's reflux.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • My dd had the same issue. She has reflux, but she also has a milk intolerance. Milk is the first ingredient in neosure. Have you tried nutramigen? It's hypo alergenic. Once we started that the vomiting stopped within 36 hours.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with checking for reflux. That's what DS had and the whole time he was on formula, we had to use Enfamil AR.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Feed her very slowly.  A 2 oz bottle of neosure should take 15 -20 mins.  Make sure to burp her frequently and kep her upright for 20 mins after eating.  My dd used to projectile vomit neosure until she was about 3 months and then the vomiting and extereme gassiness from it just stopped.
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"